Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From the PS22 Chorus website:

Friday, June 12, 2009
Meeting Stevie at MSG

After having her breath taken away by the PS22 Chorus "Landslide" video, Stevie Nicks and the rest of Fleetwood Mac had us down to Madison Square Garden on Thursday for a musical rendezvous! She took the time to shake hands and hug (Elijah even got a kiss, the happy boy!) every single member of the chorus when she greeted us. She told the kids about the first time she saw their video of "Landslide," and how it brought her to tears.

Stevie went on to say how watching the PS22 Chorus version of "Landslide" on the internet took her back to when she was first starting her career in music, in her late twenties. ("I know that seems incredibly old to you guys," she joked.) She told the chorus how she wrote "Landslide" and put it on a little dinky tape recorder and then gave it to guitarist Lindsay Buckingham. And he would shape it into something completely beautiful. Her message to the kids was that a completely humble beginning led her to where she is now, playing at Madison Square Garden, one of the biggest stadiums in the world. And now the kids' humble beginning has brought them there too. She was repeatedly telling the kids that anything is possible, and all their dreams can come true.

Ms. Nicks also spoke about what it was like to be a woman in a male dominated music industry. She revealed her strength, saying, "I never allowed myself to be treated like a second class citizen." The kids were really taken with her and obviously inspired. And they ALL loved the way she smelled, and told her so! It was adorable.

Then the PS22 Chorus took the stage at Madison Square Garden, with Stevie Nicks as an audience. You could see the sheer delight all over her face as the kids did an utterly gorgeous version of "Landslide," including a one-line intro from another Fleetwood Mac song, "Silver Springs," as a little surprise.

Stevie burst on to the stage after the kids were finished and expressed her enthusiasm for the performance. I wish I could remember all the amazing things she said, but one quote that I am sure of, as it was the last thing she said to the kids after they sang (I had it written down):

"I will never forget it, and being in your presence.... as long as I live."

After that, the band took the stage for their soundcheck which the kids got to watch! They sounded incredible, and it was just an unforgettable thrill to be exchanging these private performances. After the band left the stage, the kids were taken to a back room of MSG to eat dinner with the crew and band, where on the way we ran into drummer Mick Fleetwood and the previously mentioned Lindsay Buckingham, who both had some very kind words about the kids as well! When all was said and done, the kids left the arena with Fleetwood Mac T-shirts and an experience of a lifetime....

Later on, when the band took the stage for the actual performance, Stevie dedicated "Landslide" to the kids, and spoke about how she watched them on Nightline the night before. Here is an account from the kind person who let me know about it: "She came out and dedicated the song to them. Said how lucky she was to be able to hear them perform for her earlier in the day and how proud and touched she was by their total involvement in their performance."

MIND-BLOWING!!!!
-----------
Old 06-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Nightline Show Stevie spoke of: (there's a short advertisement first)

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=7810258
Old 06-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

I often think about how fulfilling that must be to La Nicks. These kids and their Mr. B. are inspirational. And, their inspiration was her song. Her song has made them better, shown them something bright in their perhaps dark world, and maybe made them better than they were. I know people around here think she is a self obsessed c*nt. But, I think this, and the myraid of other things she does (like the ipods) shows they are dead wrong.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladonnadream View Post
..but from my point of view it looked like she was motioning to the little kids by the sound board...
Were there a lot of kids at the soundboard? How many do you think? Maybe they were some of the PS22 children, perhaps.

Michele
Old 06-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Were there a lot of kids at the soundboard? How many do you think? Maybe they were some of the PS22 children, perhaps.

Michele
They could have been. But, La Nicks said they left because they were in the fifth grade and had to go to bed. But, there could have been a few that stayed. There were two kids under 10 on the front row next to me. But, I believe they left before the concert was over because the kids were tired. Note - I was at the stage, so they could have just gone back to their seats.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Ledgie

Default end of Silver Springs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W1i5V_apAA
Old 06-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Gold Dust Woman Video

Here it is finally, Gold Dust Woman from MSG. I didn't think it would take half my life to upload.
Hope to have the pics up later.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

^^^ Youtube compression makes Stevie look like she has some skin disease. The original video is pretty much crystal clear. I could try to upload the original file but that might take forever.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What is UP with the one-glove thing, is she Michael?

I DO love the thing she does in the end with Mick though, it looks cool.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
^^^ Youtube compression makes Stevie look like she has some skin disease. The original video is pretty much crystal clear. I could try to upload the original file but that might take forever.
It looks pretty good to me.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

A few of my MSG photos. Nothing special.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

A few more

Old 06-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Some last ones.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Forgot one.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
No...there was like a lady with I think light brown hair up in a clip and 2 girls maybe aged 6-9 or so..I think one girl had brown hair and the other had blond..I just saw them from the back and couldn't see them that well...