Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
My favorite album of the Bob Welch era.
My favorite album of the Fleetwood Mac era.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
My favorite album of the Fleetwood Mac era.
It's right up there for me too. Maybe #3 or so.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's hard to choose, but I do think Mystery To Me is my favorite FM album, with Bare Trees and Heroes are Hard to Find a close second and third. The five Welch era albums are my five favorite FM albums.

To change the subject a bit, why is all of Fleetwood Mac up through 1974 lumped together in this one forum? I think the Green era Mac and the Welch era Mac ought to have separate forums. The change from the Green era to the Welch era is the biggest musical transformation the Mac has ever undergone (from a blues band to a rock/pop band).
Old 10-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default yes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
It's hard to choose, but I do think Mystery To Me is my favorite FM album, with Bare Trees and Heroes are Hard to Find a close second and third. The five Welch era albums are my five favorite FM albums.

To change the subject a bit, why is all of Fleetwood Mac up through 1974 lumped together in this one forum? I think the Green era Mac and the Welch era Mac ought to have separate forums. The change from the Green era to the Welch era is the biggest musical transformation the Mac has ever undergone (from a blues band to a rock/pop band).
... my sentiments entirely!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
One of the most played CDs I have is a home made version with Mystery to Me backed by Bare Trees. It's a wonderful hour or so of music that flows amazingly well. To me, those two albums seem to mark the end of one era and beginning of another with the band.
I totally agree BUT have to add "Future Games"!
Those three albums really seemed to have their own era and air about them.
They are my "go to" Mac cds when I'm in more of a meditative mood.
The musicianship truly stands on it's own... something that was perhaps put more on the back burner when the hits started coming.
Know what I'm saying??

"Lucky in love... Unlucky in opening cereal boxes... -- Lisa Douglas, re: Olivah
Old 10-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer
... my sentiments entirely!
Hey, there's that man again!

So, in that case should Kiln House get a forum all of it's own?
Old 10-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb-Maat-Re View Post
Hey, there's that man again!

So, in that case should Kiln House get a forum all of it's own?

Ha! I actually said that in my original draft of my reply! But then I deleted it! Well ... maybe there should be, but that could get complicated. Could be food for more hairsplitting though...
Old 10-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was thinking they should combine the Peter Green forum with this forum (pretty much the same crowd). Actually, I'd also add the Post-Rumours forum too, as it's never really all that busy, and is also pretty much the same crowd. But that might be too much of a technical nightmare, in terms of archiving.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2006, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd combine the Peter Green/Fleetwood Mac era & Peter Green solo into one forum. Then combine Kiln House with the Welch era into another forum, unless Jeremy would like to moderate a separate forum for Kiln House.

I'd keep the Post Rumours forum the same, except I'd add anything regarding Say You Will into that forum. SYW is NOT the Rumours line-up.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post

I'd keep the Post Rumours forum the same, except I'd add anything regarding Say You Will into that forum. SYW is NOT the Rumours line-up.

Gail
Old 10-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
DEFINITELY!!!

Over on the Allman Bros site, they have forums for nearly all the ex-members as well as individual forums for the current members. Some forums are so infrequently posted to, you can hear crickets...but then it's like that in non-Rumours & Stevie Nicks sections here. Others, such as the Duane Allman, Dickey Betts & Gregg Allman forums are almost impacted they're posted to so often (kind of like the Stevie Nicks forum here)

So, if that's not too unwieldy, it might work here in a slight different form.

Here's a suggestion of the forums:

Current band (Post-Dance, SYW)
The Rhythm Section (Mick & John...from beginning to now)
Lindsey Buckingham (solo)
Stevie Nicks (solo)
Mini-Mac (Neale Haywood, Brett Tuggle, Taku Hirano, the singers, ex-Minimac'ers i.e. Lenny Castro, Isaac Assante, etc)

Past incarnations:
Before The Beginning (John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Levi Set, Boilerhouse, Peter B's Looners, The Cheynes, etc)
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac featuring Jeremy Spencer (1967 through Kiln House; PG, JS & DK solo)
Middle Mac (1971-1974, Bob Welch, Bob Weston, Dave Walker solo)
Rumours lineup (1975-1987, 1997, Buckingham Nicks)
Post-Rumours (BTM, Time...RV, the two BB's, Dave Mason solo)
Christine McVie (solo)

Chit Chat

Last edited by chiliD; 10-26-2006 at 03:53 PM..
Old 10-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
DEFINITELY!!!

Over on the Allman Bros site, they have forums for nearly all the ex-members as well as individual forums for the current members. Some forums are so infrequently posted to, you can hear crickets...but then it's like that in non-Rumours & Stevie Nicks sections here. Others, such as the Duane Allman, Dickey Betts & Gregg Allman forums are almost impacted they're posted to so often (kind of like the Stevie Nicks forum here)

So, if that's not too unwieldy, it might work here in a slight different form.

Here's a suggestion of the forums:

Current band (Post-Dance, SYW)
The Rhythm Section (Mick & John...from beginning to now)
Lindsey Buckingham (solo)
Stevie Nicks (solo)
Mini-Mac (Neale Haywood, Brett Tuggle, Taku Hirano, the singers, ex-Minimac'ers i.e. Lenny Castro, Isaac Assante, etc)

Past incarnations:
Before The Beginning (John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Levi Set, Boilerhouse, Peter B's Looners, The Cheynes, etc)
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac featuring Jeremy Spencer (1967 through Kiln House; PG, JS & DK solo)
Rumours lineup (1975-1987, 1997, Christine solo, Buckingham Nicks)
Post-Rumours (BTM, Time...RV, the two BB's, Dave Mason solo)

Chit Chat
I think Christine should have her own solo forum. If Buckingham, Nicks & the rhythm section can each have their own forums, then so should Christine.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Christine should have her own solo forum. If Buckingham, Nicks & the rhythm section can each have their own forums, then so should Christine.
Right...good catch...I was going to do that, but forgot to change it before posting. Then work got in the way and I didn't get around to editing my post.

There...edited.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right...good catch...I was going to do that, but forgot to change it before posting. Then work got in the way and I didn't get around to editing my post.

There...edited.
That's better. I thought you were dissing Christine.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Past incarnations:
The "Before the Beginning" section needs to include Chicken Shack and Christine's solo career of '69.

I am having trouble figuring out whether I think Kiln House should go in the Peter Green Fleetwood Mac section or whether it should go in the Middle-Mac (I like that expression). On the one hand, it belongs in with the rest of Jeremy's work; but stylistically it is not much like the earlier albums of the PG era. Then again, stylistically it's not much like the Mid-Mac either. I think I'd vote to put it in the Mid-Mac just because it was released in 1970.

But I think I'd let Jeremy decide. :)