Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default San Diego/South Orange 1975 = Oakland '75

I've went over these two concerts this past week, during transferring, and found they are the same concert, but I don't think it's either city listed. At the very end, when the speaker is talking to the audience, he says that Peter Frampton is up next.
I checked the Legacy's comments, and old newsgroup posts, and the only concerts I see where they played on the same stage as Frampton in '75, are the two Oakland concerts, one being "A Day On The Green".
Is it possible that that's what this concert actually is?

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel
I've went over these two concerts this past week, during transferring, and found they are the same concert, but I don't think it's either city listed. At the very end, when the speaker is talking to the audience, he says that Peter Frampton is up next.
I checked the Legacy's comments, and old newsgroup posts, and the only concerts I see where they played on the same stage as Frampton in '75, are the two Oakland concerts, one being "A Day On The Green".
I doubt it's something from Oakland, & I really doubt it's the San Diego Balboa Stadium show, Lisa. Some people take their old tapes & then pass them around with new venues or new dates on them in an attempt to beef up their trading stock. It's dirty but true.

Maybe some Frampton fans can tell you whether he played South Orange on October 13, 1975.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I doubt it's something from Oakland, & I really doubt it's the San Diego Balboa Stadium show, Lisa. Some people take their old tapes & then pass them around with new venues or new dates on them in an attempt to beef up their trading stock. It's dirty but true.

Maybe some Frampton fans can tell you whether he played South Orange on October 13, 1975.
I have this show, and they guy I got it from said it was South Orange or Passaic, whichever.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks for the input, Dave.
Now I have to search for Frampton fans.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wait. Forgot to add something. Stevie says something along the lines of "this is very....wonderful. For Lindsey and I, this is our home." Doesn't she only do that with San Francisco or Oakland?

Old 11-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the input, Dave.
Now I have to search for Frampton fans.
You'd think Fleetwood Mac -- if they took themselves seriously -- would have put their old tour itineraries on the Live album or something. Instead, they leave it all for us to dig up, year after year.

And then they stick things like Screecher on their reissues. The combined IQ in Fleetwood Mac is probably about 200. I simply can't take this group seriously anymore.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You'd think Fleetwood Mac -- if they took themselves seriously -- would have put their old tour itineraries on the Live album or something. Instead, they leave it all for us to dig up, year after year.

And then they stick things like Screecher on their reissues. The combined IQ in Fleetwood Mac is probably about 200. I simply can't take this group seriously anymore.
The Screecher. Dont get me started on that one...
Old 11-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, if that is true, it means that there's probably video footage out there of Stevie and Lindsey singing Frozen Love live, but honestly, I doubt that!
Old 11-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I remember my cut-out of Fleetwood Mac Live had an itinerary on the record sleeve, but I don't know how complete that was, and that record "walked" with one of my roommates.
One would think their official site would have their history, it is too bad they haven't done that.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wait. Forgot to add something. Stevie says something along the lines of "this is very....wonderful. For Lindsey and I, this is our home." Doesn't she only do that with San Francisco or Oakland?
You're just trying to make a fool of me, aren't you! Do they really say that? They would only say that for Bay Area (or in some cases Los Angeles area).

Are you SURE they say that?

They played Oakland for two shows in the first week of August '75. I can't believe it's those shows that have been going around for years as "South Orange NJ" -- surely you share my incredulity.

I get so excited with this stuff! My heart starts pumping faster, my pulse starts racing, I start to sweat a little on my back & forehead, my eyes dilate, my sight & sense of smell become sharper, more acute -- my mind races with thoughts & visions of archangels descending at the command of my voice, only to scatter like fireworks over the cities of the plain.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone
I remember my cut-out of Fleetwood Mac Live had an itinerary on the record sleeve, but I don't know how complete that was, and that record "walked" with one of my roommates.
Yeah they put the 1979/80 itinerary on the Live album, which is why so many folks think that all those songs are from that tour.
Quote:
One would think their official site would have their history, it is too bad they haven't done that.
One would think . . .

But it's that ol' Combined IQ of 200 Syndrome. The people in that band are dumb & have always been dumb (although Bob Welch was slightly sharper).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

South Orange sound quality is so bad it is nearly unlistenable.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're just trying to make a fool of me, aren't you! Do they really say that? They would only say that for Bay Area (or in some cases Los Angeles area).

Are you SURE they say that?

They played Oakland for two shows in the first week of August '75. I can't believe it's those shows that have been going around for years as "South Orange NJ" -- surely you share my incredulity.

I get so excited with this stuff! My heart starts pumping faster, my pulse starts racing, I start to sweat a little on my back & forehead, my eyes dilate, my sight & sense of smell become sharper, more acute -- my mind races with thoughts & visions of archangels descending at the command of my voice, only to scatter like fireworks over the cities of the plain.

I'm being very serious, or I wouldn't have bothered posting it. The exact quote from Stevie, right before Blue Letter starts, is: "This is really, umm...special, for Lindsey and I, cause this is our home. So thanks!"
And, yeah, I know this has been circulating for years as South Orange, and to find out there 's a good possibility that along it's been one of the Oakland concerts, is...surreal.
And, I have checked five times with Audition, amping that clip, and that is exactly what she says.

Old 11-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
South Orange sound quality is so bad it is nearly unlistenable.
I got a B/B- copy from a trader and did some sound editing. With the right amount of amping and de-clicking, it actually does sound listenable.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm being very serious, or I wouldn't have bothered posting it. The exact quote from Stevie, right before Blue Letter starts, is: "This is really, umm...special, for Lindsey and I, cause this is our home. So thanks!"
And, yeah, I know this has been circulating for years as South Orange, and to find out there 's a good possibility that along it's been one of the Oakland concerts, is...surreal.
And, I have checked five times with Audition, amping that clip, and that is exactly what she says.
Well, Lis, you really may have uncovered something here. It's cool! You have done a lot of great detective work in the past -- you are becoming second only to me in terms of live show detective work of the Buckingham years. So now the next step is to start listing as a "possible California show" & then to check with Frampton fans for Frampton itineraries.

moviekinks.blogspot.com