Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Mentioned who?

I don't know -- Homie keeps throwing me off the scent by not using her name!
Old 06-08-2005, 06:41 PM

How's this Johnny

bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that scent is familiar no?
Old 06-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hillbilly euphemism-
Smells like fish, eat all you wish. Smells like cologne, leave it alone.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
But, back to my list, these are songs that David and I (and Chili?) are going to be playing, so it's not like Christine will be singing them. They're my favorite "songs", not performances.
Yes, all fine. to be frank, it doesn't matter which tunes for playing. They can all be fun if you mix with the mojo & zap your Zen. Where are your songs on the Web, dave?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
That's a great story. What a nice thing for her to do for a 16 year old kid.
I used to occasionally observe Chris after the shows. I never saw her "hang" with the fans; she always avoided the "hanging" & chatting, unless it was with co-workers like in the crew or tour managers, that sort of thing.

But that's precisely why I really like Chris: she hates the fans. Because I hate the fans, too! When she says she is tired of "touring," that's her euphemism for "goddamn fans crowding around me & demanding my autograph & touching my garments."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I used to occasionally observe Chris after the shows. I never saw her "hang" with the fans; she always avoided the "hanging" & chatting, unless it was with co-workers like in the crew or tour managers, that sort of thing.

But that's precisely why I really like Chris: she hates the fans. Because I hate the fans, too! When she says she is tired of "touring," that's her euphemism for "goddamn fans crowding around me & demanding my autograph & touching my garments."
She didn't treat ME that way. Actually, I think you're assessment of her is wrong. Her "tired of touring", in her own words, is that she hates hotels, hotel beds and "road food".
Old 06-09-2005, 12:38 PM

She also said she got tired of singing the same songs over and over (no pun) again.

Plus, the noise got to her. FMac has a lot of bass drum.

boom boom boom boom boom

That gets to you believe you me. (right David)

It bangs in your head all night long.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hate the fans, too(and I know you mean her FM fans). When I play out, although I love playing live, when we're on break, I quickly make my way thru the crowd, saying a couple obligatory "hi's"(because people expect that), then I hide in a corner somewhere. I couldn't care less about hearing some yahoo babbling on and on, or even buying me drinks. I find staring at the wall infinitely more interesting.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, all fine. to be frank, it doesn't matter which tunes for playing. They can all be fun if you mix with the mojo & zap your Zen. Where are your songs on the Web, dave?
We're still not web friendly. We play nearly every weekend within 30 minutes of home, so I've not really needed it as a marketing tool. Plus, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to stuff like that.
I've long wondered about your band, though. More than anything, I wanna see some pics! I'm mean, you're a FM tribute band. I wanna see how close everyone gets, lookswise.
Link?
Old 06-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
She didn't treat ME that way. Actually, I think you're assessment of her is wrong.
Well, maybe she's vacillated a bunch over all those years. Back in the '80s, she sure seemed fan-phobic to me. I thought it was absolutely charming!

I think Christine's current Q&A debacle pretty much sums up her view of her fans. Who can blame her? Who would care about a bunch of strangers when you have a renovated manor in Kent?

Stevie used to ignore the gushy teens & adult fans & just hang with young kids, mostly girls, putting beads on them. She did that at the Hollywood Bowl. she wasn't talking to anyone over the age of 5.

I love it when the stars get so frazzled that they lash out at all these fans. One of my favorite stories is of Laurence Olivier & Vivien Leigh, newly married & matinee idols around 1940, being hounded by autograph seekers outside the theater, & spoiled Leigh yelling, "Fack off! Now just fack off!"

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
We're still not web friendly. We play nearly every weekend within 30 minutes of home, so I've not really needed it as a marketing tool. Plus, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to stuff like that.
Well, I always love hearing FM covers, so if you ever pull something together you can share, I'd love to hear.
Quote:
I've long wondered about your band, though. More than anything, I wanna see some pics! I'm mean, you're a FM tribute band. I wanna see how close everyone gets, lookswise. Link?
My band doesn't go for any look, dave. Except for the Stevie -- she likes to dress up. The rest of us would be mortified doing so, although I'd consider dressing up as Ivan the Terrible or something. Sara put up some songs & pics from our trip to the Cannery in Vegas last year at www.sararhiannon.com/mirage/. We're going to be in Palm Springs in a couple of weeks & I hope to get more photos & sounds then, & some video if the venue will allow it. Then our only other job on the books is in Vegas, at the Stratosphere I think, coming up in August. We're pretty widely known as the least-working tribbie band in the country!

Any time you make it out to CA, we'll hang & jam!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-09-2005, 03:14 PM

If I gave a **** about the Q&A I would be a little pissed. If you don't want to do a Q&A then say so. No biggie. But to announce it then not do it.

That's pretty lame... no?

regardless of how comfy your life is..

I'll never listen to Christine again......

ok no
Old 06-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I always love hearing FM covers, so if you ever pull something together you can share, I'd love to hear.
My band doesn't go for any look, dave. Except for the Stevie -- she likes to dress up. The rest of us would be mortified doing so, although I'd consider dressing up as Ivan the Terrible or something. Sara put up some songs & pics from our trip to the Cannery in Vegas last year at www.sararhiannon.com/mirage/. We're going to be in Palm Springs in a couple of weeks & I hope to get more photos & sounds then, & some video if the venue will allow it. Then our only other job on the books is in Vegas, at the Stratosphere I think, coming up in August. We're pretty widely known as the least-working tribbie band in the country!

Any time you make it out to CA, we'll hang & jam!
Boy, you've sure got that top keyboard mighty HIGH! Is that to hide behind?
I like how it's mentioned that Bob wasn't inducted before you play Hypnotized!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-09-2005 at 03:47 PM..
Old 06-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
If I gave a **** about the Q&A I would be a little pissed. If you don't want to do a Q&A then say so. No biggie. But to announce it then not do it.

ok no
You had me worried for a minute! I, too, think her just bailing on the Q&A is kinda lame. But, it's her choice to snub us!
Hey, I've just been snubbed by Christine McVie!
Old 06-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr

ok no
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed about that Q & A. But I've gotten over it. I forgive her. I still sent her a Happy Birthday message. I doubt that she ever really, truly wanted to do it. She probably got talked into doing it, then got overwhelmed by the larger than expected number of questions.

It would be nice though if they removed the Q & A mention from her website.