The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Cristian's Avatar
Cristian Cristian is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Concepcion, Chile
Posts: 749
Default

Oh I hate so much "Only Over You". Must be her only Fleetwood Mac song that I skip. On her solo tunes,

When You Say
So Excited
Easy Come, Easy Go

And a couple more from her 1984 which are, I agree, rather bland. The rest of her Fleetwood Mac catalogue is fine with me.
__________________
"You're here 'cause I say so!"
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-23-2005, 04:12 PM
saraforscarlett saraforscarlett is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 47
Default

To be honest, the only one I can come up with right here is "Only over you".

There used to be many that I disliked earlier, like "Oh Daddy", "I wish you were here", "Think about me", "Hold Me" etc... But I've grown to like all of these, although some more than others.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-23-2005, 07:07 PM
dissention's Avatar
dissention dissention is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 26,612
Default

Temporary One

That song is bloody awful. Hurts my ears.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-23-2005, 07:08 PM
amber's Avatar
amber amber is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!
Posts: 23,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Temporary One

That song is bloody awful. Hurts my ears.

It's one of the (relatively) few of hers that i like quite a bit.
__________________
"Do not be afraid! I am Esteban de la Sexface!"
"In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom.
It is not always an easy sacrifice"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-23-2005, 07:08 PM
dissention's Avatar
dissention dissention is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 26,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I think "Oh Daddy" is probably her best.
Ditto. Oh Daddy and Behind the Mask.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Temporary One

That song is bloody awful. Hurts my ears.
I LOVE Temporary One.
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-23-2005, 07:55 PM
ThePenguin's Avatar
ThePenguin ThePenguin is offline
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 2,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I LOVE Temporary One.
Same here. Great beginning, great energy, great bassline, catchy chorus....love everything about it. The first time I heard it, I felt like I knew it already because I could sing along w/ the chorus so quickly. Sort of sweet how the lyrics tie in to FM also.

On The Dance, after the song ends, doesn't someone yell out, "Do it again!" ??

However I don't really like Only Over You, or Wish You Were Here.

-Lis
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Brwn_eyes0511's Avatar
Brwn_eyes0511 Brwn_eyes0511 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I LOVE Temporary One.
I agree! Temporary One is great! Love Stevie/Lindsey harmony on the chorus.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Brwn_eyes0511's Avatar
Brwn_eyes0511 Brwn_eyes0511 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Same here. Great beginning, great energy, great bassline, catchy chorus....love everything about it. The first time I heard it, I felt like I knew it already because I could sing along w/ the chorus so quickly. Sort of sweet how the lyrics tie in to FM also.

On The Dance, after the song ends, doesn't someone yell out, "Do it again!" ??

However I don't really like Only Over You, or Wish You Were Here.

-Lis
Is that what that person is yelling out? I have always heard someone saying something...lol....that is funny "Do It Again!"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-23-2005, 09:44 PM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I agree! Temporary One is great! Love Stevie/Lindsey harmony on the chorus.
YES, The Harmonies on it are amazing.
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-24-2005, 01:08 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,660
Default

I'm not really sure "I hate" lists apply for me here. I really don't think any of CM's songs provoke that kind of reaction.

I'm not wild about "Wish You Were Here," "Mystified," or a number of bland offerings from the '84 solo record (most of those not written by her), but even when she isn't blowing me away, the atmosphere is pleasant.

Incidentally, I LOVE many of the songs that were listed as least faves: "Only Over You" and "Temporary One" are quite good, I think. And "Sugar Daddy" ranks with the entire band's all-time best moments.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Brwn_eyes0511's Avatar
Brwn_eyes0511 Brwn_eyes0511 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi
I'm not really sure "I hate" lists apply for me here. I really don't think any of CM's songs provoke that kind of reaction.

I'm not wild about "Wish You Were Here," "Mystified," or a number of bland offerings from the '84 solo record (most of those not written by her), but even when she isn't blowing me away, the atmosphere is pleasant.

Incidentally, I LOVE many of the songs that were listed as least faves: "Only Over You" and "Temporary One" are quite good, I think. And "Sugar Daddy" ranks with the entire band's all-time best moments.
Finally someone who agrees that Sugar Daddy is an awsome song! I LOVE Chris' little laugh and giggle at the end of the song...so cute!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-24-2005, 02:00 PM
DrummerDeanna DrummerDeanna is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 10,499
Default

I rarely post in here - don't know why - I love Chris

Anyway I also dislike some of her songs....

Sugar Daddy (blah)
Oh Daddy (blah)
Say You Love Me - I hate the word "woo" don't know why

Those are the only three I really can't stand
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Brwn_eyes0511's Avatar
Brwn_eyes0511 Brwn_eyes0511 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Say You Love Me - I hate the word "woo" don't know why
LOL...I have always felt the word "woo" is a strange word too! I LOVE "Say You Love Me" But I understand what you mean about the word "woo"....it is a bit odd! lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-24-2005, 02:22 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Finally someone who agrees that Sugar Daddy is an awsome song! I LOVE Chris' little laugh and giggle at the end of the song...so cute!
I've ALWAYS defended Sugar Daddy! It's one of my favorites. I love the feel of the music. Who cares if the words are a little ..........hokey?
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031
$22.88
1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031 picture1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture1981 Press Photo Billy Burnette, entertainer - nop12943
$17.99
1981 Press Photo Billy Burnette, entertainer - nop12943 picturePress Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773
$17.88
Press Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773 pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved