The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-04-2004, 09:16 PM
MacMan's Avatar
MacMan MacMan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,391
Default

Quote:
I am currently closer than I've ever been to figuring out this BT stuff. This is like the fifth time I've tried. At least it LOOKS like I might be successful in about another 60 hours. If I'm not, just listen for the scream heard round the world.
Just download it - you can figure it out afterwards... If you able to download that's pretty much half the battle won. That's what I did when I first was trying to figure it out. It took me a whole weekend to wrap my brain around all the instructions... and I know it all sounds confusing, but it's really quite simple when you have the right tools and kind of neat frankly. The reason it's slow is there must not be many people seeding the discs... meaning as you are downloading you are uploading at the same time to others... If you cancel the download once you've got what you need... then it takes you out of the download/upload pool that provides others with the sessions. That's why it's important and pretty much a rule that if you download something of this nature, it's common courtesy to upload the same amount for others. Keeps things flowing and more people can take advantage of it.

I just kept using google and searching bit torrent instructions and read as much as possible to get a consensus on what to do...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Jagarcia Jagarcia is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
Thanks
Have you seen this?? Is it worth the download??
Not yet but I'm really looking forward to it. Anyway it's Fleetwood Mac stuff and in dvd and in Eztorrent, so is definetely worth the download.
__________________
Juan Antonio
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-04-2004, 09:44 PM
MacMan's Avatar
MacMan MacMan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,391
Default

There are other torrent downloads of Fleetwood Mac if anyone is interested at www.suprnova.org It's mainly, or all actually, commercial releases.

Just do a search at the top of the page.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-04-2004, 10:25 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Just download it - you can figure it out afterwards... If you able to download that's pretty much half the battle won. That's what I did when I first was trying to figure it out. It took me a whole weekend to wrap my brain around all the instructions... and I know it all sounds confusing, but it's really quite simple when you have the right tools and kind of neat frankly. The reason it's slow is there must not be many people seeding the discs... meaning as you are downloading you are uploading at the same time to others... If you cancel the download once you've got what you need... then it takes you out of the download/upload pool that provides others with the sessions. That's why it's important and pretty much a rule that if you download something of this nature, it's common courtesy to upload the same amount for others. Keeps things flowing and more people can take advantage of it.

I just kept using google and searching bit torrent instructions and read as much as possible to get a consensus on what to do...
So I just finished the ABC download...now I'm seeding it, according to BitTornado. However, I can't seem to find the files. Where are they?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-04-2004, 10:42 PM
MacMan's Avatar
MacMan MacMan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,391
Default

Try one of the folders that the bit torrent possibly created underneath that folder.... It's there. It will be called "Lindsey Buckingham - ABC In Concert" exactly like that... a yellow folder.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-04-2004, 10:46 PM
MacMan's Avatar
MacMan MacMan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 4,391
Default

You'll need this program to verify the download.

http://home.att.net/~mkw/mkwact.html

Last edited by MacMan : 10-04-2004 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-04-2004, 10:52 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,583
Default

Why does this **** have to be so $%^&ing hard to figure out????
Obviously this was not designed for the average computer user.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-04-2004, 11:02 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Why does this **** have to be so $%^&ing hard to figure out????
Obviously this was not designed for the average computer user.
Dude, tell me about it.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-04-2004, 11:04 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Try one of the folders that the bit torrent possibly created underneath that folder.... It's there. It will be called "Lindsey Buckingham - ABC In Concert" exactly like that... a yellow folder.
Got 'em. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-04-2004, 11:10 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,166
Default

Okay, now mkwACT won't download onto my computer. Suggestions anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-05-2004, 12:16 AM
face of glass's Avatar
face of glass face of glass is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Posts: 1,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Okay, now mkwACT won't download onto my computer. Suggestions anyone?
Simplest solution: get dBPowerAmp converter and install that. Then get the Shorten and FLAC codecs and install those. That way you should have a nice shortcut when you highlight those .shn-files and right-click them.
__________________
Gaius

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-05-2004, 12:28 AM
face of glass's Avatar
face of glass face of glass is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Posts: 1,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod
...to my knowledge only the following Fleetwood Mac shows have been posted (please correct me if I am wrong):
Got it almost right; Green Bay 2004 and East Rutherford 1997 (the better source) came from Sharing The Groove and the rest from Easytree.

Some others I remember seeing:
Warehouse, New Orleans 1-30-1970 & 1-31-1970 (single torrent) at Easytree.
Who's The New Girl (without "Get Like You Used To Be") at STG.
Shine Angel (1979-11-6) at STG.
Record Plant 1974 & Passaic 1975 (single torrent) at STG.
Stevie: Weedsport 1986 (FM broadcast) at Easytree.
Peter Green: Wilbert's, Cleveland 8-27-1998 (and a few others) at STG.

Nothing really unusual there, only Nagoya 1977 and perhaps the two post Green pre-BN shows would count as discoveries of sorts. And most have come from people who don't even have any large-scale interest in Fleetwood Mac, I assume.
Quote:
Let's get sharing Fleetwood Mac and related lossless files
Easier said than done Neil. We all know the quality of the trade CD-Rs in this community is not always up to scratch; there's diginoise and other burning mistakes that plague them. That material isn't seed-worthy because some people (not necessarily the most ardent fans) will always be complaining because of the mistakes that weren't in the original recording. I have this great-sounding copy (one of the best audience recordings) from 11-2-1979 Albuquerque lossless, however there's some skipping at the beginning of "I'm So Afraid", so I won't be seeding it; there's gotta be someone with a flawless copy out there.
Now why should one care about that? Simply because the trade communities of other bands do. They attempt to take away any flaws that weren't there originally from the recording before they start seeding. The best way is to find some low-generation tapes and re-digitize those.

Also, stuff that's mp3-sourced but has been burnt to discs just like normal audio files can trick people sometimes. You need to check out for those files in a spectral analyser, there's no way to tell the difference otherwise, especially if the bitrate of those faux-wavs is high.

But yeah, I'll be seeding a little something in the future too, the little that I can offer.
__________________
Gaius

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-05-2004, 07:39 AM
face of glass's Avatar
face of glass face of glass is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Posts: 1,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Okay, now mkwACT won't download onto my computer. Suggestions anyone?
Oh, and you were probably asking for something to verify those files with as well. The quickest one to use for downloaders would be MD5summer. Just choose the correct root folder which contains the .md5-file and then it will verify every file in that folder.
__________________
Gaius

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-05-2004, 09:55 AM
estranged4life's Avatar
estranged4life estranged4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Broken Arrow, OK - USofA
Posts: 13,875
Exclamation Tend to agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
Easier said than done Neil. We all know the quality of the trade CD-Rs in this community is not always up to scratch; there's diginoise and other burning mistakes that plague them. That material isn't seed-worthy because some people (not necessarily the most ardent fans) will always be complaining because of the mistakes that weren't in the original recording.

Now why should one care about that? Simply because the trade communities of other bands do. They attempt to take away any flaws that weren't there originally from the recording before they start seeding. The best way is to find some low-generation tapes and re-digitize those.
with ya there...As of late I haven't traded any FM (Or solo related) material lately because it is a pain-in-the-ass having to check for errors/mistakes/etc. because when ya try to pass the music off to those who are not the most 'die-hard' for the FM material they ALWAYS complain why the recordings suck major happy ass when compared to other artists' material.

Some of the best 2003-2004 shows have come from tapers who do not primarily collect FM shows/material/etc., Because they have mastered their art recording other artists and have usually done FM as an afterthought.

I have had trade offers as of late for more audio tapes of past Hard-To-Find (Mainly 1975-1989) FM shows (And related solo material) but have (Thus far) passed on the opportunity because it is too damn time consuming to have to listen through a tape for errors before you burn it to disc so as not to contaminate the trading circles with YET another error filled recording.

Brian j.
__________________

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

I love my wife Alisa Garbuz-Johnson...Goofy Russian with a great sense of style, humor and music!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-05-2004, 09:59 AM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
Oh, and you were probably asking for something to verify those files with as well. The quickest one to use for downloaders would be MD5summer. Just choose the correct root folder which contains the .md5-file and then it will verify every file in that folder.
Thanks Gaius.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

c.1982 STEVIE NICKS HUGE 28 X 34 LARGE NEGATIVE GROUP RARE & UNUSUAL PHOTOS
$799.99
c.1982 STEVIE NICKS HUGE 28 X 34 LARGE NEGATIVE GROUP RARE & UNUSUAL PHOTOS pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee picturevintage Stevie Nicks 1989 program and concert ticket other side of the mirror
$59.99
vintage Stevie Nicks 1989 program and concert ticket  other side of the mirror pictureSTEVIE NICKS Hand Signed 10x14 Autographed Photo With COA - FLEETWOOD MAC
$49.99
STEVIE NICKS Hand Signed 10x14 Autographed Photo With COA - FLEETWOOD MAC pictureFleetwood Mac Poster Album Promo Say You Will 2-Sided Stevie Nicks Mick
$49.99
Fleetwood Mac Poster Album Promo Say You Will 2-Sided Stevie Nicks Mick picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved