Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default An apology from Lincoln

One thing that hasn't been posted here is an apology. On behalf of the citizens of Lincoln I would like to apologize to Lindsey and his crew as well as to all those that traveled to Lincoln. The Rococo management does not represent our city very well, in fact if Lindsey did refer to the venue as a "f*&$ing sh$#hole" - I share the same opinion (it's not a very nice facility). I was very surprised to see that they had booked him there after seeing him at the Uptown in Kansas City.

I was able to speak with Lindsey's crew while they were setting up and the tour manager was arranging a meeting between Lindsey and I so he could autograph a guitar for a charity auction for children. Unfortunately Lindsey had just left the venue when I arrived but his staff was so friendly, sincere and apologetic.

Once again I wish to apologize for everyone who traveled a distance to stay in our city only to be disappointed. Hopefully we will get another chance to host Lindsey and can find a way to make it up to him and everyone else.

I won't go into who is to blame but I have dealt with the staff at Rococo on other occasions and have been less than impressed.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebraska View Post
One thing that hasn't been posted here is an apology. On behalf of the citizens of Lincoln I would like to apologize to Lindsey and his crew as well as to all those that traveled to Lincoln. The Rococo management does not represent our city very well, in fact if Lindsey did refer to the venue as a "f*&$ing sh$#hole" - I share the same opinion (it's not a very nice facility). I was very surprised to see that they had booked him there after seeing him at the Uptown in Kansas City.
Thank you for joining us and posting. Welcome I'm sorry you were unable to have the guitar signed due to the situation and hope you will have another opportunity to make that happen. I don't think the behavior of the badapples at the R is a reflection of Lincoln and I hope you do not have that impression from my posts or those of others.

By the way, how was the KC show?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I mean every other band ever has played there without a problem and LB can't He through a diva fit. No big deal to me, though it sucks for the people there. He is a tempestuous one that LB.
hehe the sound issue may well just have been the shrill coming from PAM's mouth.
I would have run for the hills too.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hey everyone... I heard that Christine was the manager of the Lincoln Hall!! lolol

just tryin to make everyone smile and remember..... life's to short to worry about spoiled rich people.... whether it's stevie, christine or lindsey......

As for Lindsey's talent... he is a sound freak and always has been... when you're that good you deserve any sound system you want... still doesn't mean he's not a bitch....

there i solved everything...
Ha
This whole thing might be getting blown out of proportion but whats with Lindsey's temper lately; first it was an innocent guitar now a whole show gets obliterated Oh well its only rock&roll
Old 04-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Ledgie

Smile

Quote:

I was able to speak with Lindsey's crew while they were setting up and the tour manager was arranging a meeting between Lindsey and I so he could autograph a guitar for a charity auction for children. Unfortunately Lindsey had just left the venue when I arrived but his staff was so friendly, sincere and apologetic.

Once again I wish to apologize for everyone who traveled a distance to stay in our city only to be disappointed. Hopefully we will get another chance to host Lindsey and can find a way to make it up to him and everyone else.

I won't go into who is to blame but I have dealt with the staff at Rococo on other occasions and have been less than impressed.
That was very nice of you!!!

"You be a good girl!" - Stevie Nicks
Old 04-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Für Elise
This message has been deleted by Sugar.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post

By the way, how was the KC show?
KC show was great. The Uptown was an awesome venue and we were 7 rows from the stage.

It wasn't any of your posts that I felt was making Lincolnites look bad - It was the press release from the Rococo that did.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

OK --it took a while for us to get here, but I knew we would.

Personal insults, including name-calling is not cool. Period.

Talk about Lindsey, whether he's a asshole or a God, whether he was right or wrong, but when the conversation becomes about other Ledgies, it's pretty good indication that you're in the wrong place.

Cut it out.

Thank you.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 04-14-2007, 01:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Moral to the story:

Play OKC instead, we have a BEAUTIFUL Civic Center that LB would cream himself to play.

OKC Civic Center Music Hall (A GREAT venue!!!):

http://www.okcciviccenter.org/index.html
I agree. Give me another reason to come home, Lindsey... lol

Twitter me
Old 04-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
KC show was great. The Uptown was an awesome venue and we were 7 rows from the stage.

It wasn't any of your posts that I felt was making Lincolnites look bad - It was the press release from the Rococo that did.
hi nebraska, i live in bellevue/omaha ~
Old 04-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEHEDRICK View Post
like I said really no more tix than he's been selling, hey Lindsay your no Stevie Nicks stay home!
I thought grammar was a standard part of all middle school curriculum.

So, Lindsey's being a "diva." Big ****ing deal. Most house equipment leaves a lot to be desired, so he's not being completely unreasonable.

That was a load of bull**** for the venue to post what Lindsey said. It's not like the theater is a little punk rock, ****-you-and-your-ego dive that can get away with that kind of thing. Real classy move on their part.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
Of course the venue has just as much responsiblity to be flexible and make compromises to meet the needs of the artists and their fans. The ultimate responsiblity for this cancellation falls on Lindsey, however, because he is the one who decided to walk out.
I should also add that when Stevie cancelled shows I was supposed to attend during TISL and SYW, I was pretty po'd. Even though she was sick, had no control over that fact, and probably would have put on a sh*tty performance that would have disappointed me, I was upset that I didn't get to use my front row tickets and have that concert experience. Hence my reaction to this.
But hey, life goes on.

I have to agree. If I were going to this show, I too would think "Lindsey with less than perfect sound is better than no Lindsey at all." I do think the site's message is unprofessional, with the misspelling of "citing" to boot, and that they should have been more flexible. I guess I can see both sides, but I do think that Lindsey should have considered the fact that he was going to be disappointing a whole lot of people and, as you said earlier, "soldier on." He's "very upset", yes, but not as upset as those who were told to suck it up and go home. Now, if he reschedules there soon, then I'd say he really did mean that he was "very upset" because it shows he cares enough to make up for it.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

BTW, I just read through the whole thread and I find the hyper-defensiveness of some folks both surprising and off-putting. One can disagree with those critical of Lindsey without acting as if they're devoid of mental faculties, morally corrupt, or dependent on insulting Lindsey in order to give meaning to their lives. Not to say those who are critical are blameless - some of them are out of line, too - it's just that some of the folks defending Lindsey are getting downright rabid in a way that I never would have expected from them.

Take it easy, people.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
BTW, I just read through the whole thread and I find the hyper-defensiveness of some folks both surprising and off-putting. One can disagree with those critical of Lindsey without acting as if they're devoid of mental faculties, morally corrupt, or dependent on insulting Lindsey in order to give meaning to their lives. Not to say those who are critical are blameless - some of them are out of line, too - it's just that some of the folks defending Lindsey are getting downright rabid in a way that I never would have expected from them.

Take it easy, people.
And you thought the Chiffonheads were a rabid bunch

(meant in humor )
Old 04-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
OK --it took a while for us to get here, but I knew we would.

Personal insults, including name-calling is not cool. Period.

Talk about Lindsey, whether he's a asshole or a God, whether he was right or wrong, but when the conversation becomes about other Ledgies, it's pretty good indication that you're in the wrong place.

Cut it out.

Thank you.
asshole, no !

God, oh yes !!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 04-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINDSEY#1FAN View Post
asshole, no !

God, oh yes !!!!!
Well, I think God is an Asshole too.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:27 PM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.