Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default IYD Premiere

You know what I REALLY hate about this? I bet Christine will specify which of the London shows she is doing at the September 16 event. But by then it will be too late for anyone to get tickets for that particular show if they don't have any.

For my money, I think she is doing both of the last two shows. I really can't say about the 24th.

But I think we will get clarification before the concerts begin. It just kills me that we won't get it soon enough for travel/ticket plans.

Michele
Old 09-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, that would be painful for those who can and want to go to the shows.

For us without any chances, that gives us something to look forward to.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You know what I REALLY hate about this? I bet Christine will specify which of the London shows she is doing at the September 16 event. But by then it will be too late for anyone to get tickets for that particular show if they don't have any.

For my money, I think she is doing both of the last two shows. I really can't say about the 24th.

But I think we will get clarification before the concerts begin. It just kills me that we won't get it soon enough for travel/ticket plans.

Michele
I'm so surprised and delighted about this recent burst of activity from Christine.

I agree that she won't do all three London shows. I have tickets for one of them. I honestly daren't get my hopes up too much about seeing her, because I never believed I'd see the five of them together again, let alone in a live setting.

I really hope there are lots of photos of the IYD thing.

I wonder if this recent activity can be put down to loneliness? She didn't participate in the BBC's 2009 documentary (though she has now done a Johnnie Walker interview for the BBC), nor the writing of the Rumours re-issue sleeve notes. What has changed, if anything?
Old 09-05-2013, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I'm so surprised and delighted about this recent burst of activity from Christine.

I agree that she won't do all three London shows. I have tickets for one of them. I honestly daren't get my hopes up too much about seeing her, because I never believed I'd see the five of them together again, let alone in a live setting.

I really hope there are lots of photos of the IYD thing.

I wonder if this recent activity can be put down to loneliness? She didn't participate in the BBC's 2009 documentary (though she has now done a Johnnie Walker interview for the BBC), nor the writing of the Rumours re-issue sleeve notes. What has changed, if anything?
I think loneliness plays a big part of it. 15 years living in near-seclusion is quite a long time. She also has a renewed interest in music again, probably as far back as the time she returned to England from Maui. Plus, the Mac is basically family to her.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was also surprised to read that she plans to attend the IYD premiere. I think she made the commitment simply because it's supportive of Stevie and a nice 'something to do'. It's also a way that they can all go out and get a good dinner before the show, etc. No more, no less.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
I was also surprised to read that she plans to attend the IYD premiere. I think she made the commitment simply because it's supportive of Stevie and a nice 'something to do'. It's also a way that they can all go out and get a good dinner before the show, etc. No more, no less.
I was as surprised, and delighted, as you are. I'm sure Stevie's especially excited to see her again.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
I was as surprised, and delighted, as you are. I'm sure Stevie's especially excited to see her again.
Did I miss an article? If so, would someone be kind enough to link it? Thanks in advance..
Old 09-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Did I miss an article? If so, would someone be kind enough to link it? Thanks in advance..
Certainly.

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...-premiere.html

Old 09-06-2013, 06:43 AM

Wow thanks!! Interesting comments below.. lol
Old 09-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I somehow missed that Christine was showing up for the IYD premiere, too. I wonder how many years it's been since Christine has made an official public/press appearance with Mick and/or Stevie like this? Has it been since 1998? I am not sure I'd count Christine's recent Hawaii trip as a press/official public appearance.

Makes me wonder if they're slowly dipping Christine's feet back in the water to see if she might be able/interested in future Mac involvement? All I care about is one last album from the Rumours 5!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I somehow missed that Christine was showing up for the IYD premiere, too. I wonder how many years it's been since Christine has made an official public/press appearance with Mick and/or Stevie like this? Has it been since 1998? I am not sure I'd count Christine's recent Hawaii trip as a press/official public appearance.

Makes me wonder if they're slowly dipping Christine's feet back in the water to see if she might be able/interested in future Mac involvement? All I care about is one last album from the Rumours 5!
Her last public appearance was the Ivor Novello Awards four months ago, but it's just her and not with anyone in the band.

Oh, I hope so. Baby steps, indeed.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
All I care about is one last album from the Rumours 5!
Ditto!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ditto!!!!!!
Ideally, if she really does not want to tour, one last album and a one-off concert in the UK recorded on DVD. At least the magical moment's gonna be immortalized.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Ideally, if she really does not want to tour, one last album and a one-off concert in the UK recorded on DVD. At least the magical moment's gonna be immortalized.
Now that she is apparently comfortable playing live again I really think the DVD is a totally feasible idea. I'm not sure it would necessarily float with Lindsey, if it was a re-run of The Dance, but I'd just love it. Maybe that Royal Albert Hall gig Mick was asked about, celebrating the band's history, could take a slightly different form and just be a Rumours lineup reunion?
Old 09-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Now that she is apparently comfortable playing live again I really think the DVD is a totally feasible idea. I'm not sure it would necessarily float with Lindsey, if it was a re-run of The Dance, but I'd just love it. Maybe that Royal Albert Hall gig Mick was asked about, celebrating the band's history, could take a slightly different form and just be a Rumours lineup reunion?
Ooh, that would be lovely indeed.

I have a slightly crazier idea: Why not do three full live shows over a span of three days, with different setlists? First day would be your usual 'greatest hits' setlist. Second day (if there's a new album) would be the entirety of the new album, plus a few bonus cuts on the side. Third day would be devoted to deep cuts, b-sides, maybe even a few solo cuts (not more than two each songwriter) or even covers thrown in there (I'm especially partial to getting one of the ITM songs performed with the Mac).

Actually if I had my way, the London shows should be like this, except that the second day would be a nice mix of deep cuts and hits, and maybe some new songs.

And COMPLETE, UNEDITED shows on the DVD regardless. I'm very willing to shell out serious money on this.

Last edited by applebucked; 09-07-2013 at 12:41 PM..