Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Just a hypothetical scenario...

Since this board is pretty much bare of new things (Chris' fault, not ours ), I'm creating this thread to spark some creativity and discussion (and maybe some daydreaming).

Hypothetical scenario: Somehow, they got Chris to record a new album with The Mac. On one condition: they also agree to record the tracks on her house in Kent. Obviously this happens because this opportunity is too good to pass up.

What events could possibly transpire from this? How long will they take? Who will fight? Who will become closer?

More importantly, what could come from this musically?

Last edited by applebucked; 08-27-2013 at 09:05 PM..
Old 08-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Christine and Agnetha Faltskog should cut an album together in Denmark with Sly Stone as producer.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I think Christine and Agnetha Faltskog should cut an album together in Denmark with Sly Stone as producer.
I would probably go ape**** when that happens!

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 08-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It baffles me why they have not done this yet. Chris obviously would still be open to recording, as evidenced by her solo album "In The Meantime". The deals seems to be that Chris doesn't want to fly in airplanes OR have to leave home. SO, why not just take the recording process to her. The MAC have plenty of resources and money to do this. Of course, it would mean that Lindsey would have to leave his family to go live in England for what could be a very long recording process. (John already leaves home in Hawaii to record in LA). Those two drama queens Mick and Stevie will just about go anywhere.

The damn album could be made. The next conflict is that it would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get Chris to tour to support the record. Dinosaur acts do not sell many records, hell, no one does these days. THUS, ALL THE MONEY lies in hitting the road for a nostalgia tour. Nostalgia Tours have nothing to do with new music or continuing to grow as an artist. When new songs are inserted into the set list, casual fans take that as an opportunity for a restroom and drink refill break. SO, make the record, play a few songs from it and JUST CONTINUE TO TOUR WITHOUT HER. At least we would still have a new Fleetwood Mac record featuring the most well known line up. A Mac record without Chris somehow just feels incomplete........So does the tour, but that's another ball of wax.

Get your asses to England for three months and make the record. (Oh, I forgot, nothing happens on THREE MONTHS on MAC TIME)..............Well, I guess they'll be living in England for 2 years......LOL
Old 08-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
It baffles me why they have not done this yet. Chris obviously would still be open to recording, as evidenced by her solo album "In The Meantime". The deals seems to be that Chris doesn't want to fly in airplanes OR have to leave home. SO, why not just take the recording process to her. The MAC have plenty of resources and money to do this. Of course, it would mean that Lindsey would have to leave his family to go live in England for what could be a very long recording process. (John already leaves home in Hawaii to record in LA). Those two drama queens Mick and Stevie will just about go anywhere.
Frankly, I have no idea either. She has a studio in here house. There are also studios in London (she has a flat there, so living arrangements shouldn't be a problem). The woman is rather lonely. She could use some company of her "Mac family". We could call the house the "Mac Manor"!

Quote:
The damn album could be made. The next conflict is that it would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get Chris to tour to support the record. Dinosaur acts do not sell many records, hell, no one does these days. THUS, ALL THE MONEY lies in hitting the road for a nostalgia tour. Nostalgia Tours have nothing to do with new music or continuing to grow as an artist. When new songs are inserted into the set list, casual fans take that as an opportunity for a restroom and drink refill break. SO, make the record, play a few songs from it and JUST CONTINUE TO TOUR WITHOUT HER. At least we would still have a new Fleetwood Mac record featuring the most well known line up. A Mac record without Chris somehow just feels incomplete........So does the tour, but that's another ball of wax.
With the band's penchant for mammoth tours, getting her to tour that long is impossible at this point. Why not meet in the middle? Shorten the tour (I'd say around 60 dates for three legs), record one of the shows for a DVD, then kaching, kaching! Make the final stop in Canterbury, for good measure. That way they can all go back to Chris' house and celebrate.

At this point, however, Chris on album is better than no Chris at all.

Quote:
Get your asses to England for three months and make the record. (Oh, I forgot, nothing happens on THREE MONTHS on MAC TIME)..............Well, I guess they'll be living in England for 2 years......LOL
Once they get to have Chris' cooking every single day, I don't think they will ever want to leave. Stevie, in particular, would probably go as far as offer to walk the dogs when she has to. (also, The White Album took only three months. When there's a will, there's a way)

Old 08-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The four of them record some tracks for however long it takes them. Lindsey comes to Kent in the school holidays and brings his family and gets Christine to add some vocals and keyboards to them in her studio

then she gives him some of her songs he chooses which ones they will use or they fight over which ones will be used and eventually come to an agreement. He takes these back to L.A. and the rest of them add whatever they need to.

As all this is computerised she could still have a veto on what they'd done.

Lindsey and his family stay in her house, God knows it's big enough, and his kids get the opportunity to experience another culture and to know the true meaning of boredom (there's not much going in in Wickhambreux)

simple
Old 08-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
The four of them record some tracks for however long it takes them. Lindsey comes to Kent in the school holidays and brings his family and gets Christine to add some vocals and keyboards to them in her studio

then she gives him some of her songs he chooses which ones they will use or they fight over which ones will be used and eventually come to an agreement. He takes these back to L.A. and the rest of them add whatever they need to.

As all this is computerised she could still have a veto on what they'd done.
That is the most realistic way in which that can work.

Quote:
Lindsey and his family stay in her house, God knows it's big enough, and his kids get the opportunity to experience another culture and to know the true meaning of boredom (there's not much going in in Wickhambreux)
Maybe Chris can give the two of them cooking lessons to pass the time. For the kids, they can always play with Dougal and George.

Quote:
simple
Yet somehow not for these people.

Though my more outlandish scenario would be the five of them rocking the casbah in Wickhambreux in a sort of documentary waiting to happen.

You have Chris and Lindsey staying in the barn until the wee hours of the night recording tracks and talking about life while sipping tea and eating (her dunking, him wolfing down -for some reason I imagine him being addicted to it-) Chocolate Hobnobs. Stevie, as part of the 'care package' had a quilt made for Christine and that is used as the makeshift sleeping quarters. Then you have Stevie alternating between pounding the grand piano and singing some songs she wrote and taking over Dougal's and George's morning dog walk in case Chris ends up staying up too late. Meanwhile, Mick and John raid Chris' fridge for leftovers in between drum and bass lines.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:11 PM

If she recorded with them, they could do a big city tour. NYC, LA, Toronto, Chicago, London... and call it a day... Film one of the performances to promote the album...

done...
Old 08-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If she recorded with them, they could do a big city tour. NYC, LA, Toronto, Chicago, London... and call it a day... Film one of the performances to promote the album...

done...
PERFECT !! I couldn't agree more. I think they should just make the record and have Chris do a LIMITED NUMBER of dates in large markets. If she suffers severe airplane anxiety, pump her full of Xanax, OR get her to the states on a ship. Once on the mainland, she can travel by BUS for 4 weeks.

It would be a SHAME NOT to have the opportunity for ALL FIVE of them to perform onstage EVER AGAIN! It needs to be done NOW before one of them is no longer in good health.....or worse. FILM THE NEW YORK OR LA SHOW AND RELEASE IT AS A DVD. It will sell like hotcakes !!! Then, at least will have one more document of this classic lineup.

TOUR DATES

New York
Boston
Chicago
Philadelphia
Nashville
Phoenix
Dallas
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Miami
London
Manchester
Birmingham
Paris
Old 08-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

done...
Well, Mick told someone at the meet and greet that they are going to film in London, so whatever the future might hold, I'm hoping we get a little tidbit of video something in 2014.

Michele
Old 08-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post

simple
Perfect, um, so to speak. I don't know about the boy, but I think Lindsey's daughters should know Christine, if only briefly.

Michele
Old 08-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
TOUR DATES

New York
Boston
Chicago
Philadelphia
Nashville
Phoenix
Dallas
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Las Vegas
Miami
London
Manchester
Birmingham
Paris
This is a great list. If they absolutely MUST tour, it must only be a limited engagement so not to overwhelm our lady and not have her run to the nearest vomitorium. Although I would throw in a few Asian/Australian cities to that list.

Quote:
If she suffers severe airplane anxiety, pump her full of Xanax, OR get her to the states on a ship. Once on the mainland, she can travel by BUS for 4 weeks.
And I think one of the other members should bloody join her. I'm thinking John, or Stevie. I know John would jump at a chance to travel by water.

Also, if they're this concerned about money, cutting down on the livin' large AND making changes to the performance would do wonders.
-Drop the backing band and strip it down to just the 5 of them (perhaps an additional percussionist/guitarist for certain tracks).
-Spice up the setlist, throw in a few songs not performed live before (Straight Back!), or maybe Chris can also throw in an ITM song (Friend, You Are and Forgiveness could be a great choice) done Mac-style
-Play theaters/clubs. More expensive than arenas, but at least we get a more intimate experience.
-More unscripted banter, yo!
-This is just me, but I would love for Chris and Lindsey to switch up instruments for one song. Her on guitar, him on keys.

Last edited by applebucked; 08-29-2013 at 09:34 PM..
Old 08-29-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Perfect, um, so to speak. I don't know about the boy, but I think Lindsey's daughters should know Christine, if only briefly.

Michele
Does LB really stay at Cm's house?
Old 08-29-2013, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In my imagination, he does. Or at least in Chris' barn studio.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

These are pretty crazy... Stevie starts a fire in the kitchen by accident trying to make a proper English breakfast and Mick gets in trouble for feeding the dogs from the table. Lindsey experiments with bagpipe sounds, John and Mick go to town one night and run into Greenie and have a impromptu jam in a pub. Will and Kate stop by the manor with the baby. And Chris--who lusts Andy Murray-- tries to buy an article of his clothing on eBay anonymously. Stevie gets her own scooter and bedazzles it. John wrecks it by accident. Lindsey teaches his kids how to skip rocks in the nearby stream.