Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Over My Head - Rosebud

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find a full version of this anywhere either in video or audio. Does anyone have it? Doesn't appear to be complete in the Rosebud documentary either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvPQBe61caQ

Thanks in advance.

There is even more of it here but still not the whole song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmFiRJhjXAQ
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
I've searched the forums and can't seem to find a full version of this anywhere either in video or audio. Does anyone have it? Doesn't appear to be complete in the Rosebud documentary either.
Hi lod01. Unluckily, it seems that a full version of OMH from Rosebud doesn't exists, not even in the complete documentary.....
Old 06-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard an audio clip from Christine Mcvie on a Cleveland radio station (WTAM) and she was talking about Over My Head and how it was written about a guy who shall not be named, because he's quite well known. Then, the clip cut off!

Does anyone know who the man in question was? I don't remember hearing this story before.

Michele
Old 06-22-2013, 05:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Over My Head

Hope this helps:
http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/...overmyhead.htm
Old 06-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_01701 View Post
Yes, thanks. I did review that. That's why I was surprised when she was saying it was about someone else. Unless she meant that the mystery guy who was quite well known but would remain nameless was actually John. I don't know when this audio clipping was taken, but I listened to it yesterday and just as it got to Christine's part at the end, it cut off suddenly.

http://mms.tveyes.com/transcript.asp...7434AF09610E6F

Michele
Old 06-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since the entire UCSanta Barbara concert was filmed (which is where the live scenes in the Rosebud video were taken), there's obviously an entire show in some film/videotape canister in somebody's storage facility. And, also, most likely there's a multi-track audio recording somewhere, as well. (it would be good to hear that set again. It wasn't the run of the mill set they were performing at the time. They opened with Danny Kirwan's "Sunny Side Of Heaven" (which was a rarity in their sets at the time; later, during the early stages of the Rumours tour, it was one of their encore tunes)....and an early live version of "Go Your Own Way" which was about 6 months before it was released as a single; and, very rarely performed live at the time. I'd seen them probably about 5 or 6 times between the Thanksgiving '75 show where they SUPPOSEDLY performed it live for the first time and the UCSB/Rosebud concert (May '76) and those two times were the only times they performed it in that timeframe while I was in the audience.

Last edited by chiliD; 06-24-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Old 06-24-2013, 11:01 AM

Wow Sunny Side of Heaven. I never knew that...
Old 06-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand why this isn't on the Rosebud DVD, while the incomplete World Turning is on the DVD. Of course, it could be balance as YMLF and SYLM were on the DVD.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard the rest of Christine's comments about OMH. She didn't discuss who the song was about further. She just said he would remain nameless, because he's well known.

She said it was one of the least developed songs and she got an idea to add a ____ (?) to it or a box continental and it worked and then they started adding more to it and it became their first single. Maybe you can hear the interview here.

Michele
Old 09-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

K-Earth 101

McVie said she composed the song using a portable Hohner electric piano in a small Malibu apartment, where she and then-husband John McVie lived after completing a concert tour promoting the previous album Heroes Are Hard to Find.

McVie has never confirmed that the song referred to her troubled marriage to Fleetwood Mac bass player John McVie, which would end in divorce in 1976.

By the way Christine hinted that she may rejoin the group when they play in England. Check out the details here on our website.

http://kearth101.cbslocal.com/2013/0...eetwood-mac-2/
Old 09-10-2013, 09:53 PM

I love KEarth101