User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
These are pretty crazy... Stevie starts a fire in the kitchen by accident trying to make a proper English breakfast and Mick gets in trouble for feeding the dogs from the table. Lindsey experiments with bagpipe sounds, John and Mick go to town one night and run into Greenie and have a impromptu jam in a pub. Will and Kate stop by the manor with the baby. And Chris--who lusts Andy Murray-- tries to buy an article of his clothing on eBay anonymously. Stevie gets her own scooter and bedazzles it. John wrecks it by accident. Lindsey teaches his kids how to skip rocks in the nearby stream.

Oh my god! I smell fanfiction ideas here. I can see the first sentence happening when Chris and Lindsey ended up sleeping in the barn.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie

Last edited by applebucked; 08-29-2013 at 11:42 PM..
Old 08-30-2013, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Does LB really stay at Cm's house?
If Chris gives Kristen a room to decorate, he will.

Michele
Old 08-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If Chris gives Kristen a room to decorate, he will.
There's probably only gonna be one room though. Because what if Stevie want to come join them (and will surely come join them)?

Old 08-30-2013, 07:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Let's get real.

I think we are trying to bring the past into the future. As Shakespeare said “What's past is prologue” does not apply at this stage for the FM members of the band.

The making of the White, Rumorus, Tusk and Tango Albums evolved from the love/hate relationship within the group of the 1970's and early 80's (when they were young). Back then they where on coke and booze, to aid their lifestyle stage business, just to keep their band together with all the emotions of their love and marriage break-up. Drug, sex, rock & roll ran their marathon of the 70's and early 80's and allowed them to create and displayed their emotions through their great songs. It was barely 9 years of time to produced all those albums – amazing.

Today, the four of them tour without Chris playing and sing their old songs. That is what their Fan's want and that is their business plans and intentions. Anything else at their age does not add up in terms of fan attraction, the fans are longing for the old and some new potential songs. It's impossible to conceive a potential new album of songs to compared it with their past great hit songs. If they did produce it would be a trial balloon and with today's technology (You-tube, etc.) the fans would not be happy (its a high risk low reward). Besides, the touring business is different model today than in the past.

The fans want the old times today with the 5 members but I'm a realistic fan. Their emotional gas tank is empty and anything else, I believe, would not satisfy their fans. They could be yelled and booed off the stage, in fact Mick Fleetwood has said this many times.

As a fan, wishing for the past and hoping for a new album with new song recorded on the grounds of her house in Kent is not realistic. It is totally unrealistic for Chris and the others to do it now, they are different people now (she's 70 and the rest are a few years behind her). Except for Stevie Nicks, all the rest have families and are committed to them. To uproot their lifestyle is beyond stupid, they could do it in a virtual studio with today's technology. Space/time per (Special Relativity) does not apply to a space in Kent and times today 2013-14.

This is a business and they draw money from their past via their fans with the old great songs. They don't need the new high risk investment money and are making more now with the 4 of them today milking past songs (sorry to put it that way, but its true IMO). The band is commented to their fan's and they to them. It's expensive to commit to a years tour, they need the return on investment to support the herd of the staff for these tours.

It's a business, as Lindsey has said many times before --- that's the plan to make money (my comments).
Old 08-30-2013, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, we can't help but be nostalgic, can't we? I love the current incarnation of the Mac, but IMO there's really something missing without Chris in there.

Yes, it's a bloody business. Yes, the aim is money. Yes, we know the ideas here are unrealistic (though Gail's idea would be the most realistic one among them). However, as I stated on the OP, it's just a hypothetical scenario. We're just having a little fun with the ideas here because it's really really great to fantasize a little bit (deep down we all know everything written above is not really gonna happen ) A Christine McVie solo album is a far more likely thing than her recording with the band at this point, especially since it's been confirmed that she is indeed writing new music.

Although I definitely think that Chris' touring days are over, I still wish the five of them would record a new album again no matter how the events transpire. Maybe extend that to a one-off concert with all the five of them there, but that's already stretching it, realistically speaking, so I'll stop there. But who knows what's gonna happen after the London shows? Maybe they'll find a way to record the album with her. Maybe they'll go on without her. It's all up in the air.

Honestly, though, why haven't they done this yet? Oh right, all the money is on touring. And our songbird refuses to tour.

Last edited by applebucked; 08-30-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Old 08-30-2013, 07:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Question Madame Tussauds FM band

I know we have fun on these board so here goes my idea of fun.

Here is good business plan:

Have people of Madame Tussauds Wax Museum create 5 life size replications of the band members looking like themselves in their early 30's. Now add Walt Disney Animatronic engineers to this mix and stuff their parts into the figures to have band move and swing to the tune of “World Turning”.

Now I would be more than happy pay and see them sing with new songs. Move over Disney's “Hall of Presidents – like my idea?
Old 08-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_01701 View Post
I know we have fun on these board so here goes my idea of fun.

Here is good business plan:

Have people of Madame Tussauds Wax Museum create 5 life size replications of the band members looking like themselves in their early 30's. Now add Walt Disney Animatronic engineers to this mix and stuff their parts into the figures to have band move and swing to the tune of “World Turning”.

Now I would be more than happy pay and see them sing with new songs. Move over Disney's “Hall of Presidents – like my idea?
Oh I would fly my ass over there to see that one.

I also wouldn't mind a hologram Fleetwood Mac concert. NOW we're talking here. They could just sit at home while those babies do the touring for them. Mick and John can lounge around, Lindsey could lock himself in the studio, Stevie could do her solo record, and Chris can retire in peace.

Last edited by applebucked; 08-30-2013 at 07:57 AM..
Old 08-30-2013, 08:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Wink More fun

Why stop with a hologram of the band members. Let image a further usage of computers. After they finished singing their songs they would make love to the fan's.

Mick, John and Lindsey having virtual sex with the female fans and Stevie and Chris giving and doing it to the male fan's --- now that's true multi-tasking at it's best with today's super computers.

Hello Playboy mansion and Hue Hefner!!

Top this one!!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How about a sort of booth were fans are allowed to control the computerized projections of band members? Make them do your bidding. Control Stevie's twirling speed or Mick's crazy faces. Heck, make John look like he's enjoying himself.

(veering off the track a little, I would also pay to hear Christine pull a Danny Kirwan and heckle all the members as they perform live)

Last edited by applebucked; 08-30-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Old 08-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post

Oh my god! I smell fanfiction ideas here. I can see the first sentence happening when Chris and Lindsey ended up sleeping in the barn.
Yes, that's where I thought the conversation was headed. There's some fiction on another site currently with this exact scenario; and it has stalled a little bit lately. I thought the original post may have been somehow related.

A Chris solo album is realistically the most likely outcome. I can imagine that John, Mick and Lindsey would play on it along with her usual assortment of other individuals. If I were her, Lindsey would be my choice to produce; with the understanding that there is absolutely no rush so he can give priority to his more profitable endeavors. No tour, of course, limited interviews and an iTunes release would be most likely. All under her ultimate control and at her convenience.

I wish it would happen. I also wish she would re-do and include a couple of songs from her past and strip them down: Come a Little Bit Closer (piano only) and Keep on Going (acoustic, with an alternate--slower--intro).

But Stevie starting a fire in her kitchen is more likely, though...sigh.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
Yes, that's where I thought the conversation was headed. There's some fiction on another site currently with this exact scenario; and it has stalled a little bit lately. I thought the original post may have been somehow related.
You're talking to the writer of said fictions. Yep, it has indeed stalled quite a bit, but that's not the reason why I started this. Just wanted some different discussion on an otherwise barely breathing part of The Ledge.

Quote:
A Chris solo album is realistically the most likely outcome. I can imagine that John, Mick and Lindsey would play on it along with her usual assortment of other individuals. If I were her, Lindsey would be my choice to produce; with the understanding that there is absolutely no rush so he can give priority to his more profitable endeavors. No tour, of course, limited interviews and an iTunes release would be most likely. All under her ultimate control and at her convenience.
I agree that the solo album would be the most likely end result. Yes to having Lindsey produce the album, plus some guest appearances from the others. They could just talk on Skype most days, then he can come down to Kent in the most convenient time for both of them. Or maybe London, if they so wish. Everything is low-key, as always.

Quote:
I wish it would happen. I also wish she would re-do and include a couple of songs from her past and strip them down: Come a Little Bit Closer (piano only) and Keep on Going (acoustic, with an alternate--slower--intro).
That, plus maybe a few blues/jazz covers too.

Quote:
But Stevie starting a fire in her kitchen is more likely, though...sigh.
One morning, I came down and I thought, "maybe I should cook some breakfast today". So I went down the kitchen at six-thirty in the morning and set up the supplies, or at least what I thought were the supplies. The chopping, the mixing was all fine, smooth sailing. It was when I had to start the fire that everything went, you know, under. Let's just say Mick, John, and I lived off on coffee and some of the leftovers from dinner before Chris and Lindsey got up.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Just wanted some different discussion on an otherwise barely breathing part of The Ledge.
it's nice to see some action in this forum.

btw, i always loved Christine/Lindsey chemistry.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 08-31-2013 at 10:29 PM..
Old 09-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Same! It's been a long time dream of mine for them to go out as a duo. No pressure, just them taking all the time they need to produce one awesome album plus a few small small gigs in the US and the UK