Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Ledgie

Default Birth Name

I've always thought she was born Christine Anne Perfect, but I've just read an article stating she was actually born Anne Christine Perfect. Does anyone know which it was? Could her legal first name really be Anne?
Old 05-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yes. The birth record is on ancestry.com. It shows Anne as her first name. So do court records.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Was "Anne" ever the name she primarily was known by? The idea of people regularly calling her that is weird for my brain.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Ledgie

It doesn't seem she actually ever went by Anne. When she filed her marriage license with John she filed as "Christine Anne"....so looks like that is when she legally changed her first name. In that case I assume people always just called her Christine.

Last edited by Hellolovely; 05-05-2013 at 11:22 AM..
Old 05-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool! I weirdly enjoy when people's "given" names are their middle names. It just feels pointlessly subversive in a way that I get a kick out of.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Cool! I weirdly enjoy when people's "given" names are their middle names. It just feels pointlessly subversive in a way that I get a kick out of.
This reminds me of David Duchovny saying that he married into a family where, unbeknownst to him, the children are always called by their middle names (this is true of his wife Tea). So, he was a little flummoxed when his children were automatically called West and Miller -- when he thought there names would be Madeline and Kyd. His in-laws just did that.

Michele
Old 05-05-2013, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This reminds me of David Duchovny saying that he married into a family where, unbeknownst to him, the children are always called by their middle names (this is true of his wife Tea). So, he was a little flummoxed when his children were automatically called West and Miller -- when he thought there names would be Madeline and Kyd. His in-laws just did that.

Michele
Nice!

My Grandpa was always called by his middle name, so the idea is familiar to me, but it doesn't seem to be particularly common practice. He always had to explain himself.

I also know a few women who's mothers started calling them by their middle names during childhood because they decided that their first names didn't really "suit" the personalities that were developing. So my friend Vanessa became Nicole because "she just wasn't a Vanessa" etc. I always found that story odd. What on earth does someone base that kind of thing on? What is a "Vanessa", exactly? I wonder if Christine was switched from Anne in that way as well.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In a way, Christine is more formal than Anne. Yes, it would be interesting to know more about it.

A lot of the time people are given family names. Like my mother was named after her aunt, but her aunt was still alive, so they called my mom by her middle name just to distinguish which "Doris" they meant.

As far as destiny goes, I've always thought it significant that although Christine isn't associated with mysticism like Stevie is, that is the kind of mother she had. So, that Stevie and Christine should come together in a band seems like kismet to me.

Mick said that Christine could get rid of their cold symptoms and such. She said that she's not really gifted in that way, but that her brother is. I'd like to have heard her talk more about her parents and growing up.

Michele
Old 05-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

If I remember, I think I read somewhere that it was a clerk's error that her first and middle names were swapped. In an interview a long time ago she elaborated on why she didn't like her maiden name when she said her teachers would say, '"Well, I should hope so, Christine..." when they would go through attendance or something. So based on that, I think at least since she was school-age she went by her middle name.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Mick said that Christine could get rid of their cold symptoms and such. She said that she's not really gifted in that way, but that her brother is. I'd like to have heard her talk more about her parents and growing up.

Michele
The most astounding story I read about her 'Mum' was about the orange groves.

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/themcvies_2.htm

I literally got those 'goose bumps the size of chicken eggs' !!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

interesting...
Old 05-18-2013, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick said that Christine could get rid of their cold symptoms and such. She said that she's not really gifted in that way, but that her brother is.
Well, I've always thought she was a sort of Wonder Woman, we've never seen her ill during the years And then, find me someone who can play the piano and the accordion with a plastered arm! This woman has the strength of a Japanese Samurai army!
I'm so glad her middle name is Anne. This name has a special meaning to me because it was my late grandma's name too (Anna), and I was very close to her. My first real gf's name was Christine (Cristina). Fate?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Ledgie

According to her marriage license with Eddy in 1986 she filed as Anne C. McVie....it looks like she still had Anne as a legal first name back then. I wonder if she still does now?