User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
He has a herniated disc. And I have vowed to never get another pet. I've had the worst of luck with them. They are such a big investment, financially, emotionally, and time consuming, and then they die.
Yeah...I know. Welcome to the club.

I seriously hate being stressed out. It's the only thing that makes me cry...like now.
And now I can't think straight. I was supposed to turn in my government paper by six on friday,
but because I put other people before what I needed to do (and completely forgot about the paper) I didn't do it.
Now I can't even begin to write my second paragraph.

P.S. this paper is not the reason why I am stressed. It's one of the many little things that have contributed to it, though.

Last edited by chelluversu; 01-09-2011 at 10:49 PM..
Old 01-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hey guys!!!

Sorry I havent been online much! I've been super busy going to school and working and chillen out that I havent had much time to come on here. School's been awesome! I'm not as afraid to work on people, but I'm always nervous to work on older people lol I've upgraded to being able to do perms and colors now =) Only 4 more months of school!!! Ashley and I are still going strong! We celebrated our 1 yr 4 month anniversary last week =) Work is wicked boring as usual LOL SOoooOOoOo yea...

if anyone wants to keep in contact with me other then here...here's some ways
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/enchantedstevie
AIM: enchanted968
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/enchantedstevie

JTIS

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He has a herniated disc. And I have vowed to never get another pet. I've had the worst of luck with them. They are such a big investment, financially, emotionally, and time consuming, and then they die.
John, you are in my world. I have one cat left(my Mom had four, and she passed away, and my family refused to take any of them..."sorry, they're YOURS").

I'm not really a cat guy(ABSOLUTELY a dog guy!). But after what I went through, with my dog's cancer, I don't WANT any more animals. I love them, but I don't want to go through that, again.

When this last cat goes...well.....that's IT. IF I ever get around to getting a will made, I hope to leave everything to some animal organization, should my immediate family not survive me. And I probably will outlive them...they all either smoke/or are overweight.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
John, you are in my world. I have one cat left(my Mom had four, and she passed away, and my family refused to take any of them..."sorry, they're YOURS").

I'm not really a cat guy(ABSOLUTELY a dog guy!). But after what I went through, with my dog's cancer, I don't WANT any more animals. I love them, but I don't want to go through that, again.

When this last cat goes...well.....that's IT. IF I ever get around to getting a will made, I hope to leave everything to some animal organization, should my immediate family not survive me. And I probably will outlive them...they all either smoke/or are overweight.
Exactly! I have my dog and a cat, both are about ten. My cat got hit by a car about 6 years ago, but luckily survived, even tho it took so much money and time for him to heal. Now he is blind in one eye, but other than that he is fine! My dog was attacked by a husky and his throat ripped from ear to ear in November, but he recovered from that and now he has a herniated disc. Before I had these two animals, I had so many animals that died, it was unreal. My favorite dogs are golden retrievers and one year I got one for Christmas. Four years later, someone poisoned him. I had this beautiful orange cat named Garfield who was killed by dogs. I had a pet duck that was also killed by dogs. I had two cats that got ran over and I was the one to find them in the street. Being that I am only 21, most of this stuff happened when I was younger than 15. Ever since then, I have vowed that after my cat and dog die, no more animals for me! It is just too heartbreaking :[
Old 01-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly! I have my dog and a cat, both are about ten. My cat got hit by a car about 6 years ago, but luckily survived, even tho it took so much money and time for him to heal. Now he is blind in one eye, but other than that he is fine! My dog was attacked by a husky and his throat ripped from ear to ear in November, but he recovered from that and now he has a herniated disc. Before I had these two animals, I had so many animals that died, it was unreal. My favorite dogs are golden retrievers and one year I got one for Christmas. Four years later, someone poisoned him. I had this beautiful orange cat named Garfield who was killed by dogs. I had a pet duck that was also killed by dogs. I had two cats that got ran over and I was the one to find them in the street. Being that I am only 21, most of this stuff happened when I was younger than 15. Ever since then, I have vowed that after my cat and dog die, no more animals for me! It is just too heartbreaking :[
Yeah, I know. AND, I always had light anti-social tendencies(especially with a good dog in my life- nothing diagnosed, or anything like that,....I was just "happy", to come home to my dog...f*ck ppl). I certainly noticed, after my dog died, that I was becoming a much more social person. And I like being, that more social person. Solitude, can kiss my ass, now. I like having a life, now.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After my last dog died I didn't think I'd get another, but I remember how happy my dog made me when he was alive and I just want to feel that again. I feel empty without it. And since I'm not gonna have kids I'm gonna have dogs my whole life instead
Old 01-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
After my last dog died I didn't think I'd get another, but I remember how happy my dog made me when he was alive and I just want to feel that again. I feel empty without it. And since I'm not gonna have kids I'm gonna have dogs my whole life instead
That's great! Another one of us who is more than willing to trade the love of a child with the love of an Animal. I've well come to terms with the idea that I'm going to end up the kind of Crazy Cat Lady who is satirised on The Simpsons, rake and throwing Cats and all! If I'm honest, I'm looking forward to it lol.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
That's great! Another one of us who is more than willing to trade the love of a child with the love of an Animal. I've well come to terms with the idea that I'm going to end up the kind of Crazy Cat Lady who is satirised on The Simpsons, rake and throwing Cats and all! If I'm honest, I'm looking forward to it lol.
Hehe so am I The love of an animal is unconditional, that's the best thing about it.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
Hehe so am I The love of an animal is unconditional, that's the best thing about it.
Yes. Unconditional just as long as you have a tin of food and and a tin opener to hand
Old 01-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Once I've finished Uni, and got my own house and all that, I want three dogs. They will be my children.

Much easier to deal with, too.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I want children, but some suave cats a little before that.
I really like welsh names and traditional English names.

Lets just hope the future wife does.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
I really like welsh names and traditional English names.
Me too, shame I didn't get one

JTIS just did two A Level Physics papers... got 78% on the one and 45% on the other.

Consistency whee
Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How did you find the exam? Last year at my college, there was a mass-revolt after the... Chemistry exam, I think, as none of the things on the exam had been sent to the teachers, of any college, so they hadn't taught them anything on the exam at all.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can beat that on last years exams.
Traditional names for the win...

I was going to share some more modern (cough) names, but i'll let you find them.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
How did you find the exam? Last year at my college, there was a mass-revolt after the... Chemistry exam, I think, as none of the things on the exam had been sent to the teachers, of any college, so they hadn't taught them anything on the exam at all.
I have my Physics exam on Wednesday and my Chemistry exam on Thursday, been doing past papers. Not feeling too good about either but I can resit and I'm not gonna be using them in the future anyway.