The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After Christmas, the only who can save my ass is Jenny Craig.

Old 12-30-2003, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Thank you dissention, for trying to explain what it is that I was REALLY referring to in my post, and not the assumptions and implications that followed.
You're very welcome.

Old 12-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
I've never "used the unfortunate" to line my pockets. I mean, hell, I pay over 25% income taxes to help pay for all the welfare programs out there and the rich pay much more then I do! So, in reality, the "unfortunate" are using me!!!

Rob
I thought we were discussing the rich, not middle-class Republicans?

And they do use the unfortunate to put money in their pockets. They hire immigrants to work for chump change in order to run their shady businesses, they cut useful federal programs so they can use it for oil to get money, the list goes on. And they invade countries based on imperialistic values.

Old 12-30-2003, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
After Christmas, the only who can save my ass is Jenny Craig.
In my case it's Dr. Linda Huang and her canula.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

And they do use the unfortunate to put money in their pockets. They hire immigrants to work for chump change in order to run their shady businesses, they cut useful federal programs so they can use it for oil to get money, the list goes on. And they invade countries based on imperialistic values.

How about all the middle class lives that were ruined by "Kenny-boy" Lay and his Enron scam?
Old 12-30-2003, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
How about all the middle class lives that were ruined by "Kenny-boy" Lay and his Enron scam?
You mean the scandal that Shrub and Dick were involved in? No! Say it isn't so! Not our Commander-In-Chief!!!

Old 12-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
In my case it's Dr. Linda Huang and her canula.

In my case, I'd settle for a rubber band around my stomach and a huge plastic tube shoved into my backside beforehand.

Old 12-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

In my case, I'd settle for a rubber band around my stomach and a huge plastic tube shoved into my backside beforehand.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugar
I'm
It is lacking in perspective though; they should have only sold baked goods to whites for a month beforehand.
lol! I have to say, that's a good one!

Old 12-31-2003, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/28/politics/28RECE.html

While Congress Is on Recess, Bush Fills 12 Panel Positions

"Clark Kent Ervin of Texas, to be inspector general, Homeland Security Department. Mr. Bush nominated Mr. Ervin on Jan. 10, and he has served as interim inspector general."

If Clark Kent can't find the terrorists, nobody can.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Do you mean the illegal immigrants that we provide benefits for or the legal immigrants who agree to work for such wages (what's wrong with that?)?

So you are saying that all rich, Republican businesses are shady? And , you are talking about the imperialistic values that have created this great country we live in with freedom to do and say just about anything we want?

Invasion for "imperialistic values" is an opinion and a conspiracy theory of the left. I don't buy the pessimism!

Rob

PS. Since our country and values are so terrible..what country do you feel we should model ourselves after?

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller

Last edited by Rob67; 12-31-2003 at 10:55 AM..
Old 12-31-2003, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
PS. Since our country and values are so terrible..what country do you feel we should model ourselves after?
I'm not talking about our country and its values (some of which I disagree with, including the death penalty); I'm talking about the people who are running this country at the present moment. Our country has been bastardized by these people and it will take a helluva to fix it.

You obvioulsy aren't in tune to what immigrants are being used for. Bush's PR move of giving benefits to illegal immigrants (just to get some lefties on his side) is such a small thing when you look at the whole scope of things. The rich in our country have, for generations, used immigrants and unfortunate people to further their agendas. Nowadays, they do so by gathering illegal immigrants, paying them two dollars a day, and making them clean toilets and chop down sugar cane. They use these people and then have the balls to cut necessary welfare programs. It's sickening.

You can spout how, at present moment, our country is run by humanitarians, but it will do no good to me; it isn't. We can't begin to call ourselves humanitarians until we take steps to abolish the death penalty or stop invading countrys for our own selfish reasons. Our joke of a president actually believes that God speaks to him and forces his staff to partake in group prayers or they will face punishment (being excluded from meetings, etc.). Well, doll, if God speaks to him, why doesn't Bush know that "thou shalt not kill"? I suspect that it's because money is the bottom line.

Old 12-31-2003, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nope...it was Republicans, in general.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 12-31-2003, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not talking about our country and its values (some of which I disagree with, including the death penalty); I'm talking about the people who are running this country at the present moment. Our country has been bastardized by these people and it will take a helluva to fix it.

You obvioulsy aren't in tune to what immigrants are being used for. Bush's PR move of giving benefits to illegal immigrants (just to get some lefties on his side) is such a small thing when you look at the whole scope of things. The rich in our country have, for generations, used immigrants and unfortunate people to further their agendas. Nowadays, they do so by gathering illegal immigrants, paying them two dollars a day, and making them clean toilets and chop down sugar cane. They use these people and then have the balls to cut necessary welfare programs. It's sickening.

You can spout how, at present moment, our country is run by humanitarians, but it will do no good to me; it isn't. We can't begin to call ourselves humanitarians until we take steps to abolish the death penalty or stop invading countrys for our own selfish reasons. Our joke of a president actually believes that God speaks to him and forces his staff to partake in group prayers or they will face punishment (being excluded from meetings, etc.). Well, doll, if God speaks to him, why doesn't Bush know that "thou shalt not kill"? I suspect that it's because money is the bottom line.
I respect your opinion but I have to disagree with your reasoning. What makes me not in tune with what immigrants are being used for? And why do you assume that all rich people participate in this practice of “the man keeping us down?” (I love that phrase!)

First, I don't believe illegal immigrants should be given anything. They are ILLEGAL. I completely disagree with giving benefits to immigrants who come here illegally. But in regards to legal aliens, no one is forcing anyone else to work in this country. A legal alien can easily go to McDonalds and make 6-7 dollars an hour, they hire anyone. Would I clean toilets for $2 and hour? Would You?? No, but if someone will, more power to them. That is their CHOICE.

And, I disagree with your stance that we invaded another country for selfish reasons. Again, this logic is based on assumptions and conspiracy theories. But, that’s an ideological difference. We will have to agree to disagree.

Again, Bush hatred does not make me feel any differently. I viewed Clinton hatred from the far right with the same humorous curiosity. It immediately throws up a red flag to me and screams “AGENDA!”

Rob

- Dennis Miller
Old 12-31-2003, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default On a more positive note..

Good news on the Job front!

Rob

- Dennis Miller