The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dave has a habit of spilling the beans about a lot of things it seems which was great when we wanted details of the new Stevie albums .He enjoys tweeting almost as much as our Commander and Cheeto himself.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:14 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
okay not to be a debbie downer....but why would she or anyone EVER want to rework gypsy??? gypsy is one of most perfect songs there's not a single thing i would change about it and i would never want to hear it any other way. it's a classic!
I agree that Gypsy is one of the most gorgeous songs I have EVER heard and Lindsey's work on it is flat out brilliant. No matter what, we're always going to have that version. But who knows, the new version could be great as well. The remake of Crystal that Stevie did with Cheryl Crow for the Practical Magic soundtrack is crazy gorgeous! So I'm really interested in hearing a new version.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
I agree that Gypsy is one of the most gorgeous songs I have EVER heard and Lindsey's work on it is flat out brilliant. No matter what, we're always going to have that version. But who knows, the new version could be great as well. The remake of Crystal that Stevie did with Cheryl Crow for the Practical Magic soundtrack is crazy gorgeous! So I'm really interested in hearing a new version.
And she also redid the vocal for Dreams a while back with Deep Dish which I think turned out great. I think current Gypsy is prefect but I am curious to hear what she might do with it.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 06-22-2017, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A long time ago Stevie told an interviewer that when Lindsey wasn't happy with her it would reflect on some of her FM songs. In the same interview she said, " but not Gypsy. "
Old 06-22-2017, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
A long time ago Stevie told an interviewer that when Lindsey wasn't happy with her it would reflect on some of her FM songs. In the same interview she said, " but not Gypsy. "
Exactly - she loves how it turned out.

My best bet is that she recorded a piano version, similar to her demo and how she recently sung it for Rolling Stone.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lol I wonder what songs then? All her FM songs are so beautiful. Even with Tango where it was bottom of the barrel, you can tell they tried.
I've said this before but I wonder if she ever thinks maybe she just didn't like them. Stevie really lives in a "it's all about me!" bubble.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
There were rumors that she's had some sort of falling-out with Dave Stewart. I wonder why? She seemed so thrilled with him.
I'm just speculating but I don't think there was a fall out. I think they just moved on.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:41 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Lol I wonder what songs then? All her FM songs are so beautiful. Even with Tango where it was bottom of the barrel, you can tell they tried.
I've said this before but I wonder if she ever thinks maybe she just didn't like them. Stevie really lives in a "it's all about me!" bubble.
If they're her songs she has every right to have an opinion on how they came out. She can also be thinking of songs that Fleetwood Mac started working on, but she took back because she wasn't happy with how they were starting to turn out.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakerofBirds View Post
If they're her songs she has every right to have an opinion on how they came out. She can also be thinking of songs that Fleetwood Mac started working on, but she took back because she wasn't happy with how they were starting to turn out.
I know but I want to know what songs she's talking about because that quote seems to imply there were songs she didn't like.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know but I want to know what songs she's talking about because that quote seems to imply there were songs she didn't like.
don't know what songs she always alludes to in past work... but in the 4-piece Mac era as Lindsey calls it I think many of the songs on Say You Will would be in that bucket.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the he preview for this show and even though it's called Gypsy, it's not Bohemian. It doesn't feel like Stevie. I don't see it being compatible with her style. The music I heard is not really rock either. Odd fit.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Welcome To The Room ...Sara" comes to mind. He must have been really pissed at her that day.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 06-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Listen to the re-recorded version of Gypsy by Stevie here! (the article is also pretty interesting) http://ew.com/music/2017/06/23/stevi...gypsy-netflix/

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 06-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting! It's much shortened, obviously. I wonder if that's the actual title sequence that will play at the beginning of each episode?

Impressed with the quality of Stevie's studio vocal work on these last two songs we've gotten. She seems to be experimenting again with the softer delivery that was her trademark in the 1970s.

Probably the spare piano arrangements encourage that - in any case, I hope it continues. Makes her sound a lot more dynamic and inviting than the belt-y style of the 90s/00s.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's beautiful! Where did she find this voice?!