Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2002, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Crazy Ebay!

Have you guys seen how high the bid is for the Lindsey GOS tracks??

Over $130!! Its not even a real cd and someone can make it in less then a half hour of they have all the tracks...which it seems everyone does!

But I think its funny how people get so caught up on winning they don't realize this isn't some rare album that has like 3 copies in the world...the album doesn't even exsist and its just a put together copy of some songs!

Oh well! I just think it's funny!!
Old 07-25-2002, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm, and nicely timed anonymous email to the eBay people would kabosh that auction...eBay is so gunshy of "bootleg" material these day.
Old 07-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

You know, you can report stuff (I have, and it gets taken off immediately, try it it's fun!)
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...+sale+of+music
Report 10 by separating the item numbers with commas. BRING THOSE BOOTLEGGERS DOOOOOOOOOWN!
-Brian
P.S. I have done so for all three GOS boots that appear on Ebay, I'll let you know what happens!
-Brian

Last edited by bjk3047; 07-25-2002 at 10:13 PM..
Old 07-26-2002, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anyone ever tried emailing the people who bid on these items to just let them know that they can find these so called rarities, like GOS, for free or for a simple 2/1 trade or something. What a waste of money!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-27-2002, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by AliP
Has anyone ever tried emailing the people who bid on these items to just let them know that they can find these so called rarities, like GOS, for free or for a simple 2/1 trade or something. What a waste of money!
Yes, there was a UK seller of these tracks with two UK bidders who were contacted by GypsyRhiannon and put in touch with me. I then did a 2:1 trade arrangement with both of the bidders.

Plus the seller got pulled from eBay and I believe started a campaign against GypsyRhiannon on some of the message boards

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 07-27-2002, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
eBay is so gunshy of "bootleg" material these day.

Hmmm...they don't seem to be that gunshy of Stevie bootlegs. There is one seller , tradeangels, who is making an absolute bomb from Stevie demos and live shows...and there are new names cropping up all the time making a business out of selling this stuff. No doubt the people who had a go at me elsewhere will start again on reading this as they made it clear to me then that they read the ledge. Good to know I am not alone with my opinions on this matter though

Pip
Old 07-27-2002, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
There is one seller , tradeangels, who is making an absolute bomb from Stevie demos and live shows...and there are new names cropping up all the time making a business out of selling this stuff.
Using the bootleg report form on eBay, I shut down about five Gift of Screws auctions last September & October, plus an auction for "Buckingham Nicks" (you've all seen the cover).

Afterward, I felt cleansed & holy again, as if I had been baptized in the blood of the Lamb.

But there are just too many bootleg sellers, & I got weary of trying to dog all of them. Nowadays, I tell myself that the buyers out there have to do a little of their own leg work. It takes no more than 30 or 40 seconds of a Web search to learn that what's being sold on eBay can be scored free, too. Too many dumb or lazy people just aren't doing their own leg work when they see something for sale.
Old 07-27-2002, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to agree with you there David. Just lately Ebay seem to be ignoring reports about such obvious bootlegs...I mean when did Stevie ever release an official set of 8 cd's of demos and outtakes??!! LOL!

Pip
Old 07-27-2002, 08:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

I just shot down 3 GOS CD's and two of them are officially gone, so I think it is still working.

You know what we should do? Everyone tell me if this is a good idea! We could make a coalition (kind of like the Traders Against Bootleg Sales) for FM related boots on Ebay and dedicate a webpage to the cause AND to the documentation of all the auctions and auctioneers who make money off this horrid scam. Or am I just insane?
-Brian
Old 07-28-2002, 03:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what we should do? Everyone tell me if this is a good idea! We could make a coalition (kind of like the Traders Against Bootleg Sales) for FM related boots on Ebay and dedicate a webpage to the cause AND to the documentation of all the auctions and auctioneers who make money off this horrid scam. Or am I just insane?

LOL! I bet the ebay sellers that slated me on another board are loving reading this They made it quite clear that they read The Ledge...hehehe

Pip