User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB performs at "This is 40" party Dec 11, Roxy

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2012/1...and+Reviews%29

"This is 40" Record Release Party: Lindsey Buckingham Performs Live Dec 11th - The Roxy in Hollywood

Graham Parker & The Rumour At The Roxy Dec 11th
Lindsey Buckingham and Ryan Adams to Perform Solo Acoustic Sets

Graham Parker & The Rumour will play their first LA show together in 30+ years December 11 at The Roxy, celebrating the release of their new album 'Three Chords Good."

Also appearing will be Lindsey Buckingham and Ryan Adams, each performing an exclusive intimate acoustic set. Both Buckingham and Adams are featured on the 'This Is 40' film soundtrack (out Dec. 11 on Capitol Records) and Graham Parker & The Rumour are featured throughout the film, which was directed by Judd Apatow and stars Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann. The 'This Is 40' soundtrack also features Paul McCartney, Norah Jones, Wilco, Fiona Apple, and others.

Press Release

The Roxy Theatre presents
Graham Parker & The Rumor: "This Is 40" Record Release Party
Tuesday, Dec 11, 2012 8:05 PM PST (8:00 PM Doors)
Roxy Theatre, West Hollywood, CA

Special acoustic sets by Lindsey Buckingham and Ryan Adams.

Tickets (General Admission): $30.00 and available at Ticketweb

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

press release:

http://www.shorefire.com/index.php?a...e_print&o=6233

Graham Parker and The Rumour

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 30, 2012

Graham Parker & The Rumour At The Roxy Dec 11

Lindsey Buckingham and Ryan Adams to Perform Solo Acoustic Sets

Graham Parker & The Rumour will play their first LA show together in 30+ years December 11 at The Roxy, celebrating the release of their new album 'Three Chords Good."

Also appearing will be Lindsey Buckingham and Ryan Adams, each performing an exclusive intimate acoustic set. Both Buckingham and Adams are featured on the 'This Is 40' film soundtrack (out Dec. 11 on Capitol Records) and Graham Parker & The Rumour are featured throughout the film, which was directed by Judd Apatow and stars Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann. The 'This Is 40' soundtrack also features Paul McCartney, Norah Jones, Wilco, Fiona Apple, and others.

Graham and The Rumour will appear on Conan on December 11.

Listen to 'Snake Oil Capitol Of The World' from 'Three Chords Good' here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED_U2jw0fpk

December 11 - 8PM
The Roxy - 9009 West Sunset Blvd

Special acoustic sets by Lindsey Buckingham and Ryan Adams.

http://www.grahamparker.net/
http://www.shorefire.com/clients/grahamparker/
http://www.lindseybuckingham.com
http://paxamrecords.com

For more information please contact Chris Taillie (ctaillie@shorefire.com) at Shore Fire Media 718 522 7171

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

These people are working overtime.

Thanks for posting.

Michele
Old 12-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Judd Apatow should stop making movies (please!) and open a record company.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
These people are working overtime. Thanks for posting.
This is such great news for Southern Calif. Lindsey fans. Are you going to be there, Michele?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Got this email from The Roxy Theatre theroxy@mac.com today. The event is sold out.]

What Up!

If you didn't notice, Ryan Adams and Lindsey Buckingham are playing with Graham Parker & The Rumor next Tuesday. They were just added as support this week and it's going to be awesome. Not only do these bands rule but it's the official "This Is 40" soundtrack release party so you never know who might show up. Scoop up some of the last remaining tickets in the links below ASAP cause these won't last!

Our friends at the Cinefamily just launched a Kickstarter this week! They need new projection equipment, seats, sound, and all kinds of stuff to make it as awesome as their events and they are. The Silent Movie Theater is the Los Angeles home to films you couldn't see anywhere else and that is why as a lover of film and culture, as most of you are, should donate to this awesome place. Check it out & see the different prizes you can get for pledging.

We have a brand spanking new music video by Queen Caveat for you!! The band shot "Mr. California" at On The Rox and gave us the exclusive to bring the video to you! QC has grown to amazing heights this year and it has been a joy watching them gain the attention they have this year. We're expecting even bigger things from these guys in 2013. Click through below to watch:
Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[Got this email from The Roxy Theatre theroxy@mac.com today. The event is sold out.]

What Up!

If you didn't notice, Ryan Adams and Lindsey Buckingham are playing with Graham Parker & The Rumor next Tuesday. They were just added as support this week and it's going to be awesome. Not only do these bands rule but it's the official "This Is 40" soundtrack release party so you never know who might show up. Scoop up some of the last remaining tickets in the links below ASAP cause these won't last!

Our friends at the Cinefamily just launched a Kickstarter this week! They need new projection equipment, seats, sound, and all kinds of stuff to make it as awesome as their events and they are. The Silent Movie Theater is the Los Angeles home to films you couldn't see anywhere else and that is why as a lover of film and culture, as most of you are, should donate to this awesome place. Check it out & see the different prizes you can get for pledging.

We have a brand spanking new music video by Queen Caveat for you!! The band shot "Mr. California" at On The Rox and gave us the exclusive to bring the video to you! QC has grown to amazing heights this year and it has been a joy watching them gain the attention they have this year. We're expecting even bigger things from these guys in 2013. Click through below to watch:
someone on twitter said they tried to get the ticket but that this is now sold out.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
someone on twitter said they tried to get the ticket but that this is now sold out.
Don't know what time LB's set is, but his fans ought to be able to leave early and won't have to sit through Graham Parker and The Rumor.

Michele
Old 12-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ryan Adams goes on first. Then Lindsey. He comes on 30 minutes before Graham Parker.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw Lindsey at the Roxy tonight. I didn't quite know what to expect. I think I imagined this was a listening party for the movie soundtrack and I would hear Lindsey's new songs, but it wasn't like that. Lindsey performed SUD, Go Insane, NGBA and Big Love.

Standing outside of the Roxy watching the cars speed by on Sunset Blvd. for 90 minutes, I realized that I am too old for General Admission shows. Much less General Admission to a Standing Room Only show.

When they finally let us in, their were curtains covering the stage. I stood at the side of the stage at first, but then reasoned that I didn't know what the stage set would be like and maybe from the side I would only see Lindsey's back, so I moved around to the front, even though there were already rows of people there by then. I might have been better off sticking to the side. As you can see, my vantage point gave me lovely views of the back of heads.

Judd Apatow came on a little after 8 to kick things off. Ryan Adam did 3 songs. He mentioned the fact that he was getting out of the way for Lindsey Buckingham three different times during his set. He is either a big Lindsey fan or he really wasn't prepared to stay on stage long himself. Every time he would say he was leaving soon, people in the audience would yell, "Noooo." I was thinking, "Goodbye!"

Ryan sat while he played, so I wasn't sure that Lindsey would position himself in the same place where Ryan's chair had been. There were mics on the stage and I wondered if Lindsey would use one of them. If so, I would have moved over to try to get in front of one of them. But I couldn't tell which, if any, would be his. It would be nice if he used ribbons or streamers or his mic, so you could identify it as his before the show. Hmmm.

Anyway, Lindsey came on and he said that he's been working with Judd and Brion, people he didn't even really know a few years ago. He says that he hopes that he was able to give them some ideas about what not to do on this album.

He started with SUD. Even though Shut Us Down is a "slow" song, his performance seemed so fierce and penetrating, especially in contrast to Ryan's. Ryan had a soft voice that went well with his lyrics. As he sat there on his chair, the hair falling softly in his eyes, you gently contemplated the pain of unrequited love. But Lindsey, he throbs and bristles and when he says "I will stay around as long as I can," you get the feeling that he's really keeping it low key for as long as he can and that his energy is always at the point of bursting through. Of course, Go Insane is mostly burst.

We had NGBA and the rustle from the audience when they realized what song it was going to be. Then, he gave the Big Love introduction a meditation on contemplation that leads to my frustration.

The audience was enthusiastic. I think he made some new fans. Graham Parker didn't. I left the Roxy as soon as Lindsey left the stage.

I enjoyed the unexpected taste of Mr. B. Michele

Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2012/1...and+Reviews%29

videos of all 4 songs he performed are at the link above

Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Video / Reviews: Lindsey Buckingham Performing Live at The Roxy in L.A

Lindsey Buckingham Performed at The Roxy in L.A. December 11th - During "This is 40" Listening Party

"He did four songs and absolutely tore it up. Masterful vocals on “Go Insane” and brilliant fretwork on “Never Going Back Again” and “Big Love”. One of the best four song sets I think I ever have heard."
- Jonctrask

Graham Parker & The Rumour thrill at 'This is 40' soundtrack release party
Judd Apatow and Paul Rudd look on as Ryan Adams and Lindsey Buckingham also play
Hitfix

By Melinda Newman

Buckingham, introduced by the soundtrack’s producer Jon Brion, reached transcendence in his remarkable four-song set. Giving a short bow to the audience before strapping on an electric guitar, Buckingham was fully engaged from the first note. He skipped his three songs on the “This Is 40” soundtrack —”Sick Of You”, “She Acts Like You and "Brother and Sister" — and instead played an extended, incendiary “Shut Us Down,” which appeared on Cameron Crowe’s “Elizabethtown” soundtrack. The sound man took a second to catch up, but by the time Buckingham eased into a menacing, sensual “Go Insane,” his guitar playing was crystal clear. That’s a good thing because there are few guitarists who can play with his precision, speed and melodicism. He gets more sound out of a guitar than most musicians do from a full band. A slowed-down, time-shifting, hypnotic “Never Going Back Again” followed before he wrapped with “Big Love.” He remarked on how when he originally wrote the song in 1987, the line “Looking out for love” hinted at a sense of alienation. Now he sees the song as “a meditation on the power of change.”

Full Review of the night at Hitfix http://www.hitfix.com/news/graham-pa...-release-party

Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hilarious!!

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/ar...medium=twitter

Entertainment News

Graham Parker and the Rumour, Lindsey Buckingham Perform at 'This is 40' Soundtrack Party

Dec. 12, 2012, 10:30 PM EST
By Phil Gallo, L.A. , Billboard

Billboard -- While Ryan Adams was taking a seat onstage to start the "This is 40" soundtrack record release concert, the scene at the box office outside Los Angeles' Roxy Theatre may as well have been a scene from another Judd Apatow film.

Lindsay Buckingham, scheduled to go on after Adams, was a bit frantic while laughing, telling the box office attendant, "My name is Lindsey. I'm scheduled to play tonight but I can't seem to get in." Fortunately, she was able to open a side door for the Fleetwood Mac guitarist to enter the Sunset Blvd. club in time for his 8:30 p.m. performance.

The party was an outgrowth of the Los Angeles date for Graham Parker and the Rumour on their reunion tour, which began Nov. 24 in Tarrytown, N.Y., and wraps Dec. 19 in St. Paul, Minn. Parker and the Rumour play a key role in "This is 40," a comedy that finds its drama in familial confrontation and its humor in sex, kids and the struggles of the modern music industry.

Adams and Buckingham, introduced by the film's composer and producer of the soundtrack's new tracks, Jon Brion, performed solo acoustic. Adams reprised the song he performs on camera in the film, "Lucky Now," plus "My Winding Wheel" and "Everybody Knows"; Buckingham added two Fleetwood Mac songs, "Never Going Back Again" and "Big Love" to his selections from the film, "Sick of You" and "She Acts Like You."

Apatow, clicking photos on his iPhone from the club's VIP section during their sets, praised Buckingham for his patience and gentle demeanor. "He wrote five songs for the movie and three were used," Apatow told Billboard.com, who handed the soundtrack rights to Capitol Records because "they were the most enthusiastic" about the project.

From the stage, Buckingham had his compliments for Judd, Brion and music supervisor Jonathan Karp, three people he did not know until a couple of years ago. "I hope I suggested a few things," he joked, "for them not to do."

Ultimately, this was Parker and the Rumour's show, a return to a building they performed in in 1977; memories are a bit cloudy. Parker remembers having lost his voice - he was a shouter back in the punk era - and being pretty stoned when his manager informed him that Diana Ross, Van Morrison and Joe Cocker were in the audience. He seemed to have no recollection of how that show went.

31 years after they last performed together, Parker and the Rumour have settled into a groove where the musicianship is masterful, the pacing measured so he can deliver a string of show-stoppers toward the end. It's a reminder of how difficult a sell smart music was in the late 1970s when it defied easy categorization.

Parker and the Rumour's new album, "Three Chords Good," is more in tune with Parker solo efforts such as "Mona Lisa's Sister" and "Struck By Lightning" than the intensity driven "Howlin' Wind" or the landmark "Squeezing Our Sparks."

"Hotel Chambermaid" conveys the tenor of the Rumor in their '75-'80 heyday with an added dose of finesse; "Howlin' Wind" felt downright grown-up with its reggae flavor enhanced and Bob Andrews adding jazz flourishes on keyboards; and "Watch the Moon Come Down," a 1977 track featured in the film, is richer in harmonies and smoother in the texture, bringing out a commonality with the Band that was nowhere in evidence 35 years ago. An exquisitely performed "Get Started. Start a Fire." from 1988 reminds you that this guy could never seem to catch a break; it's as catchy melodically today as it was nearly a quarter-century ago.

Parker's wit remained intact as he introduced "Long Emotional Ride" as their new single, which he figured meant it can be "stolen individually rather than in a bundle." An easy-going song, it was one of a few songs in the middle of the set that allowed him to get his vocals lined up for the big finish of their most famous songs: "Discovering Japan," "Nobody Hurts You," "Protection," "Stupefaction" and "Local Girls" before an encore of "You Can't Be Too Strong," "Passion is No Ordinary Word," "Don't Ask Me Questions," Soul Shoes" and the Jackson Five cover "I Want You Back."

The actors who portray the two guys who run the indie label in "This is 40," Paul Rudd and Chris O'Dowd, were in attendance and got a different view of the reaction Parker receives in the film. Parker's audience, many of them as gray and bald as the band itself, remains fervidly passionate.

_ _ _ _

Find more online: Billboard.com

Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

His name is Lindsey? Lindsey what?

There was a guy passing out flyers for an FM tribute band when I was waiting to enter the Roxy. Some other people began speaking to him and he said that he actually portrayed Lindsey in the tribute band. I guess the real life rockstar doesn't have it any easier!

Michele
Old 12-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His name is Lindsey? Lindsey what?

There was a guy passing out flyers for an FM tribute band when I was waiting to enter the Roxy. Some other people began speaking to him and he said that he actually portrayed Lindsey in the tribute band. I guess the real life rockstar doesn't have it any easier!

Michele
lol. and awww.

btw, this above is originally a Billboard article - http://www.billboard.com/events/grah...08050172.story

Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey was off the stage at 8:48 p.m.

Michele