Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Knoxville, TN: November 12th

I am ecstatic! As I was checking out the Bijou Theatre's website, I noticed that Lindsey is "slated" for Monday, November 12th @ 8 PM. No ticket availability on the link yet. This is GREAT!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.knoxbijou.com/shows/564470
Old 09-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by playon81 View Post
I am ecstatic! As I was checking out the Bijou Theatre's website, I noticed that Lindsey is "slated" for Monday, November 12th @ 8 PM. No ticket availability on the link yet. This is GREAT!!!
i'm happy to see there may be a couple of shows that i can actually consider driving to, even though it's a really really really long drive...

but, and i realize this may be a really elitist thing to say, i wish there was a meet and greet option available for this show.

from prior legs' experience, the really expensive meet&greet options make it so much easier for the hard-core fans to get front row tickets. and if i'm going to consider driving this far, i would like to be close to the stage.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm happy to see there may be a couple of shows that i can actually consider driving to, even though it's a really really really long drive...

but, and i realize this may be a really elitist thing to say, i wish there was a meet and greet option available for this show.

from prior legs' experience, the really expensive meet&greet options make it so much easier for the hard-core fans to get front row tickets. and if i'm going to consider driving this far, i would like to be close to the stage.
Nope, not elitist, lol. The meet and greet was a huge incentive for me to make the Des Moines show (though it wasn't THAT long of a drive for me, so I would have still gone regardless.) If it had been a really, really long drive, the venue and front row M&G would make a difference in whether I made the decision to go.
I'm super excited he will be coming to Kansas, but I'm so glad I went ahead and did the M&G in Iowa b/c he is not doing one at the KS show.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Daily Beacon by Morgan McConnell, November 12, 2012
http://utdailybeacon.com/arts-and-cu...d-plays-bijou/

Lindsey Buckingham, renowned guitarist and male lead singer of Fleetwood Mac, will perform at 8 p.m. tonight at the Bijou Theatre.

Buckingham, whose signature fingerpicking style has earned him a place on Rolling Stone's list of most influential guitarists, is touring in promotion of his new album, "Lindsey Buckingham: One Man Show," set for release this Tuesday.

His first ever solo acoustic album, "One Man Show" features recordings from a live performance in Des Moines, Iowa, where Buckingham played songs from his former Fleetwood Mac heyday, including "Never Going Back Again" and "Go Your Own Way."

Both the tour and creation of the album were envisioned by Buckingham as a means of trying something he isn't typically accustomed to in his lengthy and highly artistically-acclaimed musical career.

"I just wanted to go up there and see if a solo show would work," he told Rolling Stone. "Obviously going up and doing 'Big Love' or 'Never Going Back Again' or some of these other songs that I've done before was something I was comfortable doing. Putting a whole show together by myself and having an arc that goes somewhere that holds people's interest was really the challenge."

It seems as though Buckingham can't get his fill of the road as of late. Rumors have been circulating widely within the business that the singing-songwriting musician will be once more joining forces with Fleetwood Mac on a reunion tour in the upcoming year. Stevie Nicks — former lead singer, reincarnate Pre-Raphaelite goddess, and inarguably one of the most influential front-women of all time — confirmed the speculation in an appearance on the CBS show, "This Morning."

"It's the plan," Nicks said of the future tour. "Because that's what we do. I do my thing, and Lindsey's out doing his thing."

Buckingham has even propagated rumors of a possible album to be recorded by himself, Nicks, and Fleetwood Mac originals Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Christie McVie.

"Nothing is on the books right now," he told Rolling Stone. "With Fleetwood Mac, there's a lot of landmines out there politically and it's hard to get everybody on the same page at the same time — but I think this might be one of those years where everyone will want to do the same thing."

In the meantime, Buckingham will pay tribute to many of his favored selections from the group's inimitable musical past with his solo act. Audience members tonight can expect to hear Buckingham-penned tunes as well as those from "Rumors" — one of the highest selling albums of all time, as well the group's most iconic and inspired.

Tickets cost $40.50 and can either be purchased at the door or from the Bijou's website, knoxbijou.com.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think Lindsey actually propagated that particular rumor and, if he did, did he check with my cardiologist first, to make sure it was safe?

Michele
Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

it was great to meet playon81!!

lots of banter and back and forth with the audience, but unlike in Asheville, not even a snippet of requested song(s) - and there were many many different requests (probably about 15+). that prompted LB to promise (once again!) to do a request tour and impromptu description of how it might go - blackboard and easel on stage so people can put their requests on it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
blackboard and easel on stage so people can put their requests on it.
Oh what a funny image that evokes.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 11-14-2012 at 03:48 AM..
Old 11-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh what a funny image that invokes.

Michele

more photos here - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1507240&type=1

Old 11-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Come solo -

Old 11-15-2012, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
blackboard and easel on stage so people can put their requests on it.
The teacher of the concert. Okay kiddies, now line up in an orderly fashion and neatly write your requests. Please don't break the chalk.
You know I always felt that if he hadn't gone into music, he would have made a great philosophy professor. He definitely talks like one half the time and I love him for it!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

partial Big Love - he played this one mainly to Ryan:

Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

another ISA from Knoxville: