The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Ledgie

Yes, Docter Brown, it was indeed a great and surprising concert. I think I buy some PGSG cd's now. It's so true that it's not a commercial act or something, some freak show to get money.
It was nice talking to you indeed!

Blue Horizon: I totally forgot Black Magic Woman. It sure was a blast!

Welsh Witch: Stadskanaal, hm? Sounds like a few hundred long haired Cuby and the Blizzards fans screaming for the old blues classics. How many female fans were there? In Zoetermeer: 20 maybe? I had a great time!

Anna
Old 01-20-2003, 01:29 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Horizon
Doc

What you said is very true about Peter. I saw him back in November along with John Mayall and his playing was very good. They did a blistering version of 'Black Magic Woman' which is being recorded in the studio for inclusion on the new album.
Got a ticket this week to see PG and the Splinter Group next month along with a ticket to see 'Rumours of Fleetwood Mac' in March. Just hope I can get tickets when the real FM tour in the U.K. (Hope & Pray!!)

By the way,I found a picture of the cover for the new PG & Splinter Group cd, which I have attached.Take a look.

Cheers,
Blue Horizon.

Where on earth did you get that cover photo, Blue? That is way cool...Thank You.

Now here is where you Brits have it over us in the U.S. You have access to Peter's stuff way before we do. It's not even on Splinter Group's website yet! I'm looking forward to hearing that version of Black Magic Woman.

I've heard good things about Rumours of Fleetwood Mac. Should be a good show.

Well, all I have is envy of you going to see Splinter Group next month, and for the ladies who just saw them in Northern Europe.

So how was John Mayall? I saw him here with Peter in 2000 and they were good. I've heard that he did a fantatic job this time round.

I'm sure that you will get good tickets to see Fleetwood Mac when they come to the UK.

Will you be going to London for the Fleetwood Mac convention in June?

You somewhat remind me of someone I once knew named Pete. Is that you?

'Till next time,

Doc

Last edited by Doctor Brown; 01-20-2003 at 01:55 PM..
Old 01-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Ledgie

Hi Anna!

Go to petergreen-splintergroup.co.uk and see if you can still get a copy of the "Blues Don't Change" CD. I don't know how long that it will be available, and to me it is the best that they have done yet.

I'll bet all the boys were fighting over you at that show!!!

Doc

Last edited by Doctor Brown; 01-20-2003 at 01:44 PM..
Old 01-20-2003, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone who's seen the PGSG this tour have a detailed set list they could post?? I'm always interested to see how much they change the set from tour to tour.

Quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Brown
Where on earth did you get that cover photo, Blue? That is way cool...Thank You.

Now here is where you Brits have it over us in the U.S. You have access to Peter's stuff way before we do. It's not even on Splinter Group's website yet! I'm looking forward to hearing that version of Black Magic Woman.

It's not even on the Eagle or Blue Storm (their record companies) sites, either.

I'm looking forward to hearing the differences between this newly recorded version of "BMW" and their live versions previously released (i.e. "Soho Sessions") Another in the PGSG tradition of updating a song recorded & released by Peter's incarnation of Fleetwood Mac on each PGSG album.

1st: Homework (also, Green Manalishi, on Japanese import)
RJ Songbook: Dust My Broom, Sweet Home Chicago
Soho Session: BMW, Rattlesnake Shake, Albatross, Green Manalishi
Destiny Road: Man Of The World, Madison Blues
Hot Foot Powder: Hellhound On My Trail
Time Traders: Underway
Blues Don't Change: I Believe My Time Ain't Long
Reaching The Cold 100: (at least) BMW

I think it's about time that they give "Oh Well" a shot, eh?

Last edited by chiliD; 01-20-2003 at 07:34 PM..
Old 01-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Ledgie

Doc, and everyone else out there.

The cover picture of the new cd is from Amazon.co.uk, but does not seem to be avaliable via Amazon.com as yet.

The John Mayall/ Peter Green concert was excellent this time around, having seen them back in 2000. (which was also very very good) As they said at the time 'It does not get any better than this' -the blues that is.

As you may have gathered by now I am a BIG fan of Peter's having followed FM and Pete's careers since late 1967 when I was still at school. I have had the pleasure of seeing Fleetwood Mac more times than I can really recall over the years and have terrific memories of some great concerts and gigs played by them.

I was also very fortunate to have a friend who I worked with at the time (1968-1971) who knew Danny Kirwan, so I got to meet the guy a couple of times at gigs we went to back around the time when 'Man of the World' was released. He was a really nice person and a GREAT guitar player in his own right, and complemented Peter and Jeremy perfectly. Oh happy days!!

Yes, I do hope to get to the FM convention in SW London If my work schedule will allow me. I know the area very well, and not to far from where Peter Green's parents use to live, (New Maldern) and FM used to play at a pub called the 'Toby Jug' at Tolworth.

Well my friends, it is time to sign off and play some sounds ('Peacekeeper' and 'Thrown Down' to start with!!)

Cheers for now,
Blue Horizon.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Ledgie

Smile

Fighting over me at the show? Of course!

I know PGSG cd's are hard to get over here. I will visit the website you named and see how I can get the cd mentioned. Thanks.

I guess a new PGSG fan as been born here!

I'm thinking about coming to the FM convention too.

Anna

Last edited by anna; 01-20-2003 at 04:20 PM..
Old 01-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Ledgie

Well Blue Horizon, I hope that you are going to tell us more about your meeting Danny!!!

Doc
Old 01-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by anna
[B

I know PGSG cd's are hard to get over here. I will visit the website you named and see how I can get the cd mentioned. Thanks.

I guess a new PGSG fan as been born here!

Anna [/B]
I hope that you are able to get some CD's.

Glad to see a new PGSG fan!!!!

The FM Convention should be good!

Doc
Old 01-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hey Anna,

There were a lot of fans and a lot of women too. About 1000 people and not just old Cuby fans but young people too.

A good crowd if I say so myself. Maybe you should come up north the next time

Bye,
Dimphy
Old 02-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Hi,
I'm new to this thread business. Saw the posts and decided to register.
Here's my news.

I went to the gig in Stadskanaal on january 18. It was very good, except for the suppoting act (terrible!). I even managed to make a perfect audio recording.

Set list:
- Big change is gonna come
- It takes time
- I believe my time ain't long
- Running after you
- Litle red rooster
- Real world
- Shadow on my door (a very good performance!!)
- The stumble
- Black magic woman
- Man of the world
- Need your love so bad
- The green manalishi
- Stop breaking down
- Going down
- Look on yonder wall
I've burned them to 2 CD's. Anybody (only real fans) interested in a copy? Just postage and material costs.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:57 AM
Ledgie

Yes, please!
Are you the Wouter I mailed to earlier?
Then you have my emailaddress already!

Anna