User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Retracted: Peter Green Joins Rising Ska Band For Album

--------------

Last edited by ThePenguin; 11-02-2012 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: original poster requested removal Press Release Withdrawn
Old 10-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh My Gawd....

Ms Moose
Old 10-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow. People had been wondering how and what he was doing. It seems like we're soon going to find out.

Michele
Old 10-11-2012, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I can't really see that this is going to work...
And I'm not taking this press release too seriously. The quotes don't sound like Peter at all, I mean: "The best live band since Fleetwood Mac" - come on!

Some guitar work on a few tracks, and perhaps even a couple of gigs, yeah. But for him to join as a regular member recording and touring.... Nope.

I listened to a clip of the single "Cold Shivers" on youtube. It could be Peter playing those tones at the beginning...

Anyway, they're nothing more than average. Having Peter on board would of course give them an advantage.

Last edited by dansven; 10-11-2012 at 07:34 AM..
Old 10-11-2012, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I can't really see that this is going to work...
And I'm not taking this press release too seriously. The quotes don't sound like Peter at all, I mean: "The best live band since Fleetwood Mac" - come on!

Some guitar work on a few tracks, and perhaps even a couple of gigs, yeah. But for him to join as a regular member recording and touring.... Nope.

I listened to a clip of the sinlge "Cold Shivers" on youtube. It could be Peter playing those tones at the beginning...

Anyway, they're nothing more than average. Having Peter on board would of course give them an advantage.
I did wonder this myself seeing what happened with PGSG but I'd like to think that organization that saved him from that situation would still be looking after his best interest and try to protect him from it happening again but who knows maybe they stop looking after those they serve after a while and since PGSG ended almost 10 years ago now that could be the cutoff point or something?

John
Old 10-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I listened to a clip of the single "Cold Shivers" on youtube. It could be Peter playing those tones at the beginning...

on the otherhand, there were some reggae tracks from the first comeback period, give me back my freedom for example, which are quite good. well i like them is what i mean.

recall also that joe green has contributed to this forum and reported pete playing at reheasals with an earlier band of his

and one of the last times we heard from mario he'd said that pg and friends had gotten together and had played some reggae amongst other things. so maybe this isn't so far out of the realm of possibility

i can also imagine it would be great fun. some freedom to stretch out but in an ensemble setting rather than as a soloist

zero
Old 10-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also like Give Me Back My Freedom, Peter did well on those tracks.
But I can't see what his role would be in this band... Standing in a corner doing guitar fill-ins?? Is he going to sing a few numbers? "Competing" with the original P45 singer, performing with his mellow, soulful voice to an audience who've never heard of Peter?

Hmmm...
I do hope it works out fine, of course!

Last edited by dansven; 10-11-2012 at 03:07 PM..
Old 10-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree totally. I find this lack of respect for PG as an artist saddening. He is being used....... again, he would never have said that. It is ok for him to play with them for the fun of it, but.....keep it in the family, please.

Ms Moose
Old 10-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default All In The Family

just a thought

did any of you notice that Joe Green plays sax with them and is ia big part of the band.

Why wouldn't he support this cause? Joe has been a big help to peter in the past few years

doodyhead
Old 10-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
just a thought

did any of you notice that Joe Green plays sax with them and is ia big part of the band.

Why wouldn't he support this cause? Joe has been a big help to peter in the past few years

doodyhead
Yes sure, Joe is a member of P45 (formerly known as The CoverUp).
Joe played sax with his uncle on "Madison Blues" (Destiny Road).
I think he had some doubts about the Peter Green & Friends project... at least he made some comment about their sax player at the time... but that is of course only my speculations...

Anyway, Joe and P45 are hard working musicians, struggling for fame and recognition. I've seen them using Joe's relation to Peter, in promoting the band for several years now. (on sax: Joe Green, nephew of the one and only PETER GREEN of FLEETWOOD MAC).

Family or not... Peter is being used again.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and the news is totally wrong.........
Old 10-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
So just for clarity, does this mean Peter is NOT included on this band's soon to be released recordings?

John
Old 10-27-2012, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Thanks you Mario!
It didn't really make sense at all.
I'm joining wetcamelfood in asking if Peter will be on the upcoming P45 album/single?
I thought I spotted Peter in those opening notes (0:01-0:17) on the previous single "Cold Shivers" on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVJ2noCZ_Bk
Old 10-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks you Mario!
It didn't really make sense at all.
I'm joining wetcamelfood in asking if Peter will be on the upcoming P45 album/single?
I thought I spotted Peter in those opening notes (0:01-0:17) on the previous single "Cold Shivers" on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVJ2noCZ_Bk
yes...it could be Greeny.....but I'm sure he isn't part of the band........
Old 10-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Ledgie

where did the press release come from?
Having written numerous press releases, I wouldn't be too concerned about the quotes attributed to Peter. The quoted person rarely actually says those things.