User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
see dreamsunwind - posts like this one from Steve is what gets me thinking wtf are some FM fans talking about. why would artist selling out stadiums solo join the band selling only arenas? yeah Azoff is managing both, but why would he deliberately lose money?
Long term credibility.

Why would Harry do something stupid like join a legendary Hall of Fame band? Then again, why would said band do something stupid like create a vacancy in the first place?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-07-2018, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting. i have no clue how his songs / albums are charting but had a feeling from award shows that they were doing fine. i remember he started his first solo tour in small intimate venues to dip the toes and immediately jumped to stadiums the next leg.

see dreamsunwind - posts like this one from Steve is what gets me thinking wtf are some FM fans talking about. why would artist selling out stadiums solo join the band selling only arenas? yeah Azoff is managing both, but why would he deliberately lose money?
He played arenas not stadiums on his last leg, but I'm not saying that he hasn't done well because he has, which makes sense mostly considering that he had a huge built in fan base from his years in a huge boy band, but he hasn't really expanded much beyond that fan base if that makes sense. Most people that didn't care about him then don't care about him now. For example, one time I was playing his song at work and my coworker could barely place his name and referred to him as "one of Taylor Swift's boyfriends" lol. He has mostly (but obviously there are exceptions) the same super devoted fans that he had when he was in One Direction. Which is pretty evident because aside from his debut single, his songs just don't really chart well or get much attention from the radio compared to other young pop acts. But anyways lol my main point in mentioning this was just to say like, if you ever read how RS talks about him, they give him HEAPS of praise, and I think that's more because of Azoff's influence. So I would not be surprised at all if you see reviews like that for the new FM lineup because Azoff has some serious power in getting good press for his acts.

But yeah Harry would've never joined Fleetwood Mac lol. Ever. I don't think he's even 25 yet. He's not gonna go sing with a bunch of 70 years olds no matter how big a fan he is of the music they put out 40 years ago.