User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I'm sure some people cringe at the thought of Dave being involved with Christine's songs or FM for that matter and honestly I thought the same when I found out he was working with Stevie until we got the "Everybody Loves You" snip and then all was well...
There's a marked difference between Christine and Stevie, for me. For Stevie, even before I heard IYD, I thought Dave would be a good match for her, based on the Eurythmics. I didn't like the Everybody Loves You snippet, but I did like the full song.

I don't care what Dave does with Stevie and I don't care who she gets to work on her FM songs. I just don't think he would be a good match for Christine and Everybody Loves You is one of the songs that confirms that for me, as does Cheaper Than Free and his work with Tom Petty.

Michele
Old 04-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
We know Lindsey is producing Christine's songs though and that she's been impressed with the results and chemistry so far.
Yes, I'm not worried about Stewart producing anything for Christine. Michele
Old 04-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Ledgie

If Stevie is working on a Solo project what does that say about the FM record?[/QUOTE]

Stevie has worked on her own solo projects simultaneously with FM throughout her entire career. Her tribute to her mother was going to be her next project before this came up and since it looks like she may be tied to FM for 2-3 years, she may be feeling that she only has a short window to work on it before their worldwide tour, new album, more touring, etc.

Dave and she have very good songwriting chemistry and he's very supportive of her creative process. Lindsey and she have a long history of conflict whenever they work together--especially when he produces her projects.

Personally, I don't care who she works with as long as she creates something. When she's in songwriting mode, she'll have more to contribute to FM than when she's not working on her music and if she's happier in Nashville working with her closest friends for the next month before FM becomes all-consuming, wouldn't everyone benefit?
Old 04-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
What does Martina McBride have to do with it?
she owns that studio (together with her husband). that's why i posted the link to it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-19-2014, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
it looks like she may be tied to FM for 2-3 years, she may be feeling that she only has a short window to work on it before their worldwide tour, new album, more touring, etc.
there wouldn't be more touring after the album if she was in the studio for the last 2 months with the rest of the mac, get the record over with, and tour the record on this tour.

now since she's just starting, we will have to wait for the album, it's cemented that this tour will be a third in a row (you hear that Lindsey? you want to still be relevant?? well, honey you are not! you - with FM - are just a sad nostalgia act happily making truckloads of money with 3 greatest hits tours in a row ). FM touring could have been done and over with by the next summer and everybody could have gone back to solo. but now the record won't come out till after this newest GH tour, and then FM will have a reason to tour another 2 years.

so if Stevie wanted solo time as soon as possible (like next year!), she should have gotten FM recording done and over with and use this tour to introduce new songs. now she won't have any solo time for the next 4 years. how is that good for anybody other than FM's stuffed pockets (and i really don't care about those!)?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-19-2014, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It didn't take long for our excitement to turn into another thing to gripe about. Can we all just chill? I really think Stevie is getting some demos into pretty polished shape so that she can be sure she will be happy about the way they turn out on the FM record. What is happening now is right in line with what LB said a while back about Stevie figuring out the how and when of her songs. It makes no sense she would start a solo album that couldn't be finished before she commits to a lengthy FM world tour. I also can't fathom that Christine would fly to Nashville for something that wasn't going to be incorporated into Fleetwood Mac.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
It didn't take long for our excitement to turn into another thing to gripe about.
that's what we are here for, no?

PS my hope is if i gripe enough maybe that FM album will miraculously come out before the tour, like Beyonce's.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
It didn't take long for our excitement to turn into another thing to gripe about.
Lindsey should set the loud chorus of "I want! I want! I want!" and "Now! Now! Now!" to a 'Tusk'-esque sound pastiche. Would be pretty cool.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still remember late last year Mick telling us that there could possibly be a song that Cristine and Stevie wrote together.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
could it be they are recording some (SN's) parts of the album in Nashville?

and that we will get that album before the tour after all? (pretty please let it be true..........)

Christine, Dave Stewart, Stevie and Waddy were all reportedly (or self-reportedly in DS case) flying to Nashville some time this morning.

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...flight-to.html
I just think it's exciting that they are in Nashville together!! Where's the party?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Where does it actually say Stevie is in Nashville, sorry if I've missed that post....

Click on the FB link...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 04-19-2014 at 10:06 PM..
Old 04-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This collaboration will be Straight Back, the return.

Michele
Old 04-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

now since she's just starting, we will have to wait for the album, it's cemented that this tour will be a third in a row (you hear that Lindsey? you want to still be relevant?? well, honey you are not! you - with FM - are just a sad nostalgia act happily making truckloads of money with 3 greatest hits tours in a row ). FM touring could have been done and over with by the next summer and everybody could have gone back to solo.
No one will ever go back to solo. That's just the way it is. It's just going to be FM from now on.

Michele
Old 04-20-2014, 01:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Just worried about what him working on her songs would sound like.
how insulting. Dave is enormously respected in the business and has worked with dozens/100s of artists on a continuous basis since the 1970s. You have no idea what anything he might produce would sound.

/getting off Dave fan soapbox
Old 04-20-2014, 04:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
how insulting. Dave is enormously respected in the business and has worked with dozens/100s of artists on a continuous basis since the 1970s. You have no idea what anything he might produce would sound.

/getting off Dave fan soapbox
Yes, and That's the reason why I don't hold my breath for this project. The flat and faceless mediocre result of IYD doesn't make my blood rush. Now, the EP didn't either, but I hold Lindsey responsable for the fact that he just recorded those 'commercial popstyle' songs to seduce Stevie back into the studio for an FM album. He even used Froome to give her the security of not being in ayatolla's only hand. This is not going to be a FM album, but the next compromise of a compromise that won't have a real face.