Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Interview on UK's Loose Women

I can't access this, but maybe some of you overseas can.

http://www.u.tv/utvplayer/video.aspx?vidid=153237
Old 09-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, I'm seeing clips. Stevie says it took her about 5 minutes to get dressed.

Stevie says she was supporting Lindsey AND their friend Richard. She gave notice to her restaurant in January.

She had the talk with him in 2011. They worked from 1968-1975 in a band by themselves. She told him that they shouldn't throw that all out of the window, just because they can't get along. When they're 90 they won't have anything else but their memories. So, they made up and they hold hands and the crowd loves it and she's happy too. She tells the WY on stage and she asked Lindsey if it's boring him and he said,

"I think it's charming." And she was so surprised by his response that she answered, "Who are you? Do I know you?"

She likes Miley Cyrus and has ability to become a great actress, singer and songwriter and go on until she's Stevie's age. Doesn't think that Miley will be happy with what happened on the VMA. When you're young you don't think about the repercussions. When she was young, she did think of her longevity when she did things, so she didn't write about partying all the time. She thought of something else to write about.

Here is some rough closed captioning:

...history. Is Welcome, stevie. famous rock 'n' roll bands in history. Is Wellcome, stevie nicks! Hello, hello, hello. Welcome. It is lovely to have you here. We success made mentioned there that all this global success may not have happened if you didn't join Fleetwood Mac. How did that happen? We lived in Los Angeles for about two or three years, and on the last night of '73, Mick Fleetwood called Lindsay and night and asked us if we wanted to join. He had heard some of Buckingham's legs out in the studio. He was told that he would not get him without the girl. They said it was up to Christine, if we got along. So we went out and had the best time. How long after that did Rumours come out? The first record, we went right into rehearsal, for six weeks, then right into recording, where we were being paid 200 and $400 apiece each week, so we went from starving bought a hugely rich. Then the record came out in June, and this was Fleetwood Mac, Fleetwood Mac, then we went on the road in June. When we got home, I gave notice the first week of January. I had been supporting ...

Last edited by michelej1; 09-12-2013 at 12:19 PM..
Old 09-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

More closed captioning:

...Actually, we are getting along probably better than before, and that is why the two are so successful. About year and a half ago I had a talk with Lindsay. I had the everything I wanted to say to you for 35 years talk. I started in 1968. And I worked up from before we to allay. ever even moved from San Francisco to LA. He cut my fingernail off once because he thought I should practice guitar more. And we went all the way up from then until a year and a half ago. I said, do you remember how cute we were, how sweet we were, how we were a power couple and how the loving thing? And you know how long it's been since we have not been that power couple, and if we're going to do this again we have got to go back to how we were. What did you say? He was very quiet. It was a solid hour and a half when I never stopped talking. Most people would not be able to face each other. I just said we should work together again. What do we have? We worked killing from 68 to 75 in a band by cells, from 68 to 75 in a band by by Ourselves. And then we worked with Fleetwood Mac. Are we just going to throw that all out the window and just go off and do our own thing? And it is just going to end because we can't forgive each other for all those years? I think we need to forgive each other and now the ball is in your court. You still feel excited? Well, it's much better now, since the talk. Now we walk offstage holding hands and we look at each other and we are actually communicating with each other on stage, and people are getting to see that. And the audience see it. They love it. I love it, because it makes me feel like everything we do wasn't for nothing. Was it for making a lot ...

...that power couple, and if we're going to do this again we have got to go back to how we were. What did you say? He was very quiet. It was a solid hour and a half when I never stopped talking. Most people would not be able to face each other. I just said we should work together again. What do we have? We worked killing from 68 to 75 in a band by cells, from 68 to 75 in a band by by Ourselves. And then we worked with Fleetwood Mac. Are we just going to throw that all out the window and just go off and do our own thing? And it is just going to end because we can't forgive each other for all those years? I think we need to forgive each other and now the ball is in your court. You still feel excited? Well, it's much better now, since the talk. Now we walk offstage holding hands and we look at each other and we are actually communicating with each other on stage, and people are getting to see that. And the audience see it. They love it. I love it, because it makes me feel like everything we do wasn't for nothing. Was it for making a lot of money? Yes, great, but when you're 90 years old and you last year and you're looking back over your life, you're not so much going to say how much money made, you are going to talk about the moments. And then there was that moment when we walked onstage. Lindsay loves and sister me. I think the story is charming. I said, Do I know you? Who are you? You talk about all these golden moment. He got together with Dave Stuart and put a wonderful film together. Before we ask about it, we have got a bit to show you. This is the two of you looking back over the awesome career that both of you have had. This is the most fun thing I ever ...

...sister me. I think the story is charming. I said, Do I know you? Who are you? You talk about all these golden moment. He got together with Dave Stuart and put a wonderful film together. Before we ask about it, we have got a bit to show you. This is the two of you looking back over the awesome career that both of you have had. This is the most fun thing I ever did in my life. What are people going to get out of this? I think you are going to love it, because it is a gear at my house. We are going to see inside your house. Yes, every day for 10 months. I wanted to have something sacred to leave behind all the little rock stars who have come behind us. We are seeing the clips there are some iconic moments throughout your life and career, you are the original rock 'n' roll stars. They are youngsters, Taylor Swift, who says she is been absolutely influenced by your career. The ones that are slightly coming off the rails, I would like to listen to to you more. What advice would you give them? Without wasting any of your time, I think people will be sorry. I am going to use Miley Cyrus as an example. I happen to really like, and I happen to think that she, roll/ unlike some of the other rock 'n' roll /actresses, I think she has the possibility to become a great actress and singer and probably a great songwriter and go on until she's my age. I think she will not be very happy with what just went down two weeks ago. I think that when you are really young you you don't think about 10 or five years from now. I didn't either, but I was really focused. I was really focused on who I wanted to be and what I wanted to be, and I knew I was going to be in this business for a long songs about partying, ...

...stars who have come behind us. We are seeing the clips there are some iconic moments throughout your life and career, you are the original rock 'n' roll stars. They are youngsters, Taylor Swift, who says she is been absolutely influenced by your career. The ones that are slightly coming off the rails, I would like to listen to to you more. What advice would you give them? Without wasting any of your time, I think people will be sorry. I am going to use Miley Cyrus as an example. I happen to really like, and I happen to think that she, roll/ unlike some of the other rock 'n' roll /actresses, I think she has the possibility to become a great actress and singer and probably a great songwriter and go on until she's my age. I think she will not be very happy with what just went down two weeks ago. I think that when you are really young you you don't think about 10 or five years from now. I didn't either, but I was really focused. I was really focused on who I wanted to be and what I wanted to be, and I knew I was going to be in this business for a long songs about partying, time. I wasn't interested in writing songs about partying. That's what everybody is singing about, and it's going to get very boring, very fast to everybody, so you better think of something else to write about. Which is exactly why you are still here today and are so awesome. Stevie, thank you so much. The film premiers on Monday, and the European leg of the Fleetwood Mac tour starts on the 20th.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcWSUFy5IkY

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 09-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://
Old 09-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another great Loose Women interview! Loved the one she did a few years ago, too, when In Your Dreams came out.

This time, she got a bit of the timeline wrong (the last days of 74, not 73) but she was remarkably human and down-to-earth. When I think back on some of those early 1980s interviews, she seemed so angry and serious. Now she has perspective and a wonderful sense of humor. So good to see her in such a good space!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I adore the part where she talks about writing songs about "partying, I want to party, party..." Just the way she phrased it was hilarious. It is true that partying is all anyone on the radio seems to be writing about nowadays, and Stevie certainly makes a valid point. Also, I agree with her on Miley Cyrus's potential, although it will never come to fruition unless Miley stops caring about her popularity and mass appeal.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueletter18 View Post
I adore the part where she talks about writing songs about "partying, I want to party, party..."
Ha ha. Stevie probably knows all the words to We Can't Stop.

It's our party we can do what we want. It's our party we can say what we want. It's our party we can love who we want. We can kiss who ...

Michele
Old 09-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Another great Loose Women interview! Loved the one she did a few years ago, too, when In Your Dreams came out.

This time, she got a bit of the timeline wrong (the last days of 74, not 73) but she was remarkably human and down-to-earth. When I think back on some of those early 1980s interviews, she seemed so angry and serious. Now she has perspective and a wonderful sense of humor. So good to see her in such a good space!
I totally agree on how refreshing her sense of humor is in her recent interviews. She doesn't take herself too seriously now compared to before. An occasional mess up with timelines is okay (we all know who among the 5 fireflies is the worst offender in that aspect )

Quote:
I adore the part where she talks about writing songs about "partying, I want to party, party..." Just the way she phrased it was hilarious. It is true that partying is all anyone on the radio seems to be writing about nowadays, and Stevie certainly makes a valid point. Also, I agree with her on Miley Cyrus's potential, although it will never come to fruition unless Miley stops caring about her popularity and mass appeal.
That part! Yes Stevie has a point on that one. As much as I'm not a fan of Miley, if she's nurtured in the right environment and have her not focus so much on mass appeal and just show her true personality, she can go far.

And she probably knows all the words to that song!

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie