Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevies Phone Lecture to Lindsey

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/st...e-call_3863333

Fleetwood Mac - Stevie Nicks Lectured Lindsey Buckingham In Candid Phone Call

by WENN | 12 September 2013 Contact Music

Fleetwood Mac star Stevie Nicks rebuilt bridges with her former lover and bandmate Lindsey Buckingham by spending 90 minutes lecturing him about their 35-year friendship.

The pair lived together for five years before joining the band in 1975 but their romance ended a few years later and Nicks has been bottling up her feelings about Buckingham ever since.

The Don't Stop hitmakers announced last year (12) they were reuniting for a tour, and Nicks poured her heart out to Buckingham in a mammoth phone call in a desperate bid to clear the air ahead of the comeback.

She tells U.K. Tv show Loose Women, "We are getting along probably better than we ever have... Because about a year and a half ago I had a talk with Lindsey. I had the 'everything I wanted to say to you for 35 years' talk. I started in 1968 and I worked up... I started with (recalling how) he cut my fingernail off once because he decided I should practice guitar more. That was not a good move on his part. And I went from there all the way up until now.

"I said, you know, 'Do you remember how funny and sweet we were? Do you remember how cute we were? Do you remember how when we walked in the room we were a power couple... Do you know how long it's been since we have not been that power couple? If we are going to do this again, we've got to go back to the way we were.'

"He was very quiet. It was a solid hour and a half where I never stopped talking... It's much better now since the talk. Now we walk onstage and we are holding hands."
Old 09-12-2013, 12:20 PM

LOL!!! I adore this woman more everyday..
Old 09-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love her. I just freaking love her.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

cute. how many of these big air-clearing talks did they have in the last year and a half? seems that a new one is described as "the one" in every interview.

looking forward to hearing from people who have access to the interview whether the words in this article reflect what she actually said. according to this article, SN basically said she was the one with the issues that she couldn't get over with enough to have a normal working relationship. and now when she spilled everything out to LB that she kept bottled in for 40 years, she feels like she cleared the air and got rid of her baggage, and can nicely work with him again.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-12-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

I love her. I just freaking love her.
I was doing her voice in my head.. and picturing him silent on the phone...
Old 09-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
cute. how many of these big air-clearing talks did they have in the last year and a half? seems that a new one is described as "the one" in every interview.

looking forward to hearing from people who have access to the interview whether the words in this article reflect what she actually said. according to this article, SN basically said she was the one with the issues that she couldn't get over with enough to have a normal working relationship. and now when she spilled everything out to LB that she kept bottled in for 40 years, she feels like she cleared the air and got rid of her baggage, and can nicely work with him again.
I saw the interview. Stevie didn't say that she was the one with the issues. She just said she they shouldn't throw everything away "because we couldn't forgive each other." So, she didn't say which of them had the issues.

They had the talk. He was silent. Everything was better after that. They've been doing the WY intro on stage and she asked him if it was boring him and he said, "I think it's charming." She said, "Who are you? Do I know you?"
Old 09-12-2013, 12:26 PM

Since Tusk, they've been getting along better, and it's the best music they've ever done.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First I have to say WTF??

I had a talk with Lindsey. I had the 'everything I wanted to say to you for 35 years' talk. I started in 1968 and I worked up... I started with (recalling how) he cut my fingernail off once because he decided I should practice guitar more. That was not a good move on his part. And I went from there all the way up until now.

I gotta see the video, because if she said that and it's true (as much as I love Lindsey) that's a pretty messed up thing for him to do.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I wouldn't take it too seriously, Elle. But, didn't she say SHE had apologized in the Australian piece that aired recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I was doing her voice in my head.. and picturing him silent on the phone...
When she's talking non stop for an hour and a half, he doesn't have much choice.

Quote:
Since Tusk, they've been getting along better, and it's the best music they've ever done.
Right! And, they've been walking out hand in hand since The Dance.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I saw the interview. Stevie didn't say that she was the one with the issues. She just said she they shouldn't throw everything away "because we couldn't forgive each other." So, she didn't say which of them had the issues.

They had the talk. He was silent. Everything was better after that. They've been doing the WY intro on stage and she asked him if it was boring him and he said, "I think it's charming." She said, "Who are you? Do I know you?"
just read your excerpts, thanks!

yes, every guy i know loves to be lectured for 90 minutes.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Old 09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But, didn't she say SHE had apologized in the Australian piece that aired recently?
oh, for her 90-minute lecture?

Old 09-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
just read your excerpts, thanks!

yes, every guy i know loves to be lectured for 90 minutes.
The curious thing is with all that talk about as long as they've been together they can't throw it out the window, you'd think that she was the one who convinced him to do the current tour. Actually, the tour is something that all of them planned to do long before "the talk" in 2011. The question is WHEN was it going to take place and would there be an album to accompany it.

Everything in the article above is actually what she said in the interview. Those quotes are accurate. The closed captioning is not accurate. But it was posted underneath my video, so I just cut and pasted it.

Michele
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
First I have to say WTF??

I had a talk with Lindsey. I had the 'everything I wanted to say to you for 35 years' talk. I started in 1968 and I worked up... I started with (recalling how) he cut my fingernail off once because he decided I should practice guitar more. That was not a good move on his part. And I went from there all the way up until now.

I gotta see the video, because if she said that and it's true (as much as I love Lindsey) that's a pretty messed up thing for him to do.

I really can't see Lindsey pinning her down and cutting her fingernails. However, he might have said... If you want me to teach you guitar, you have to cut your fingernails off (which is not out of the ordinary. Piano teachers will demand the same thing).

Quote:
I wouldn't take it too seriously, Elle. But, didn't she say SHE had apologized in the Australian piece that aired recently?

When she's talking non stop for an hour and a half, he doesn't have much choice.

Right! And, they've been walking out hand in hand since The Dance.
Here's what really happened...

Stevie: In 1968 you cut my.........
Lindsey: puts down phone as Kristen shows him the cost of tuition for the kids...
One hour and a half later...........

Stevie: ......... and that's why I think we should do this thing the old way...
Lindsey (back at phone): Absolutely Stevie.. What do you say we put some of your vocals on the EP.. ok.. see you in a week!!!