Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

name it "Stevie vs Lindsey" and you got a hot thread within hours! lol

seems pretty natural in bands with several front people or songwriters (usually a couple but can be more) to get camps of fans - just look at Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eagles... not really the same but Bon Jovi has been in the news lately... one may look at it as either natural or bad, but that's just a fact.

as someone else already said, i've noticed not only Stevie and Lindsey, but also definitely Peter Green camp (i love his music and have immense respect for him as a songwriter and guitarist but people who are strong camp PG actually seem to be the least tolerant of all FM member fans from little discussion snippets i've seen which doesn't really make sense to me?).

with their very different musical styles and emphasis these days, it makes complete sense to me that different people would like different band members. people say that Christine's music was the bridge between Stevie's and Lindsey's but i'm not actually so sure. her rumours-era music was much more pure pop than either Stevie's or Lindsey's. so i do understand that without her band is more "muscular" for lack of a better word. although i think Stevie has moved a lot to more pop / adult contemporary territory, from the days of GDW or her beautiful Tusk ballads (with the exception of bland Sara, but that was still not your run-of-the-mill song).

i've seen several FM shows this year, and compared to Lindsey's solo shows, although they put on a really great concert, i have had enough (which doesn't mean i will not be tempted to see FM again, since who knows when / whether LB will tour solo again, especially if he gets stuck with making another Mac album and we know how warped their dynamic is and how it always ends up taking time ). during Lindsey solo shows, there is so much guitar virtuosity to watch that you can never get enough and you are never bored however many times you see them, plus shows are evolving and you can influence that changing of the shows. FM shows pretty much stay the same, or the parts that are "evolving" are not of that much interest to me.

i like FM because of LB, period. if he is/was not in the band, i have no interest (except PG period, but that's long gone). different parts of LB attraction include:

1) i love his music and have enormous respect for him as a songwriter / arranger / guitarist / producer;
2) his live performances are always fantastic;
3) after meeting him several times i find him to be interesting person, and from my experience really sweet to fans - whether during after-show meet&greets or audience interactions during shows;
and last and more prosaic :
4) on top of his musical talent he has a combination of charisma and sex-appeal that makes him very easy on the eyes.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-26-2013, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i like FM because of LB, period. if he is/was not in the band, i have no interest (except PG period, but that's long gone). different parts of LB attraction include:

1) i love his music and have enormous respect for him as a songwriter / arranger / guitarist / producer;
3) after meeting him several times i find him to be interesting person, and from my experience really sweet to fans - whether during after-show meet&greets or audience interactions during shows;
4) on top of his musical talent he has a combination of charisma and sex-appeal that makes him very easy on the eyes.
I got to stand next to Lindsey after one of his solo concerts. We were waiting for him outside the stage door in NYC, but he didn't sign autographs and seemed visibly uncomfortable with all of the attention. It was really cool to stand next to him, see how greasy his hair looked after the show, get a sense of how he is. There was no limo. He got into a pretty normal van with his band to go to their hotel.

I know it's easier to get close to Lindsey, but I'm curious if anyone has had fan interactions with Stevie up close. She seems to avoid contact with fans and has probably increasingly avoided these encounters over the years. I mean, unlike Mick, neither her nor Lindsey are jumping to do meet and greets---only Lindsey comes off as a little more approachable, and Stevie more a diva. Is this the correct reading?

Last edited by bethelblues; 08-26-2013 at 09:36 PM..
Old 08-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Ledgie

Talking

Quote:

Ohhh ohh I am very interested hehe.

1)-me too me too!
2)- saw FM but not solo....do you think he will do more solo tours?
3)- ahhh! do you have any good stories?? Is he easy to talk to? Does he laugh? lol
4)- Orgasm faces.

And that is awesome about the girl with the Get Tusked shirt! I wasn't sure if he'd like anything like that but I guess it is worth a shot!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I got to stand next to Lindsey after one of his solo concerts. We were waiting for him outside the stage door in NYC, but he didn't sign autographs and seemed visibly uncomfortable with all of the attention. It was really cool to stand next to him, see how greasy his hair looked after the show, get a sense of how he is. There was no limo. He got into a pretty normal van with his band to go to their hotel.

I know it's easier to get close to Lindsey, but I'm curious if anyone has had fan interactions with Stevie up close. She seems to avoid contact with fans and has probably increasingly avoided these encounters over the years. I mean, unlike Mick, neither her nor Lindsey are jumping to do meet and greets---only Lindsey comes off as a little more approachable, and Stevie more a diva. Is this the correct reading?
It is so interesting because I have heard Linds hating meet and greets...but if that is the case why does he do them? Just wouldn't think he would offer that if he really did not like them!

And I agree with the Stevie perception...she seems a little cold and wants nothing to do with it....but I could be wrong
Old 08-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
1)-me too me too!
3)- ahhh! do you have any good stories?? Is he easy to talk to? Does he laugh? lol
screencaps (sorry, not a very good quality, but it can give you an idea) from one of his m&g conversations, exactly a year ago actually - make your own conclusions whether he laughs:
https://www.facebook.com/ellellew/me...1507240&type=3

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
1)-me too me too!
4)- Orgasm faces.
we had bunch of descriptions in individual threads for shows / m&gs in Lindsey forum last year... i attempted to start thread where different stories and info would be combined but people were not very responsive to that one so this is all that's in one thread -
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...ht=meet+greets
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...ht=meet+greets

interesting one to read may be the first (and unannounced) m&g he did at the end of 2011, at his 92Y q&a -
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...ovember&page=3

Old 08-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Well for me there's no Stevie vs Lindsey, I'm fan of both. My favourite member of FM is Lindsey, but that's a question of subjective feelings. Their "troublesome" relationship over the years, their different ideas in terms of musical offer, their choices, bla bla...
All of this, in my opinion, created the whole "battle of gangs".
Lindsey is the "maniacal" studio artist, Stevie the abstract, poetic one. Their different musical approach attracts people different from each other of course. Lindsey's guitar playing was one the reasons I bought a guitar many years ago, Stevie's voice or songwriting is inspirational for someone else.
But the thing that amazes me everytime is that everytime those two have released masterpieces, marvellous songs over the years.

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerς non ci son santi. "
Old 08-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post

I happened to be in the right place at the right time, when I met The Mac members on a bus of all places LOL back in 1980.
Stevie most certainly had the chance to just wave & go on their merry way, I have no doubt it was her that told the driver to STOP.. Stevie was super friendly all smiles and very chatty, on the other hand Lindsey, Mick John & Christine were not so friendly which didn't bother me as I was totally focused on Stevie for the whole time, my heart was beating so fast I thought I was really going to have a heart attack.. It was the best day ever!

So I would definitely say Stevie is NO diva when it comes to her fans, im sure many on here would vouch for that after going to the Barnes & Noble signings & also her interactions after the IYD's doco..
Old 08-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love both Stevie and Lindsey, but I like Lindsey more overall. I have been to several Lindsey solo shows, and I have never been to a Stevie solo show. Out of all of my Mac shows I saw, I only sat (stood) on Lindsey's side. (But I dressed like Stevie.)

When I had my M&G with Lindsey, I was worried he was going to be unhappy because he had just played to a dull, unenthusiastic audience. (Think older, very wealthy members of the college board type, Ben Stein-like, in a way? And this doesn't include you, jetta07! ) The mood was just night and day different from the time I saw him before in Council Bluffs. Anyways! He was not unhappy like I thought he would be at all. He was smiling, and laughing and happily (jokingly) played along with me when I asked him to play me a song for the next time I saw his show (5 days later.) I loved every minute!

However, my dad has met Stevie before in the early/mid 80's, and he said she was not very nice, and wanted nothing to do with talking to people. He was working at the downtown airport here in Kansas City and was responsible for refueling the planes and other maintenance, and liked to say hi to celebrities passing through. I understand she was probably just tired and grumpy from traveling. He has met nicer celebrities though!
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
I happened to be in the right place at the right time, when I met The Mac members on a bus of all places LOL back in 1980.
Stevie most certainly had the chance to just wave & go on their merry way, I have no doubt it was her that told the driver to STOP.. Stevie was super friendly all smiles and very chatty, on the other hand Lindsey, Mick John & Christine were not so friendly which didn't bother me as I was totally focused on Stevie for the whole time
i remember that cool story you shared - that was when you walked by a good looking guy with a really short hair in the bus and had no clue who he was, although you could recognized other Mac members, right?
and later you realized the short-haired guy was actually Tusk-era Lindsey.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It is so interesting because I have heard Linds hating meet and greets...but if that is the case why does he do them? Just wouldn't think he would offer that if he really did not like them!
no idea whether he likes them or not. it can be anything. from what i've heard from fans who went to UTS tour especially, but also GOS, at the time he was very open to meeting fans for free before or after shows, taking photos and autographing things... and for whatever reason that was not happening nearly as much during SWS tour.

maybe he doesn't like the idea of charging people to meet him (although the charge was practically nominal, basically you paid for getting best seats at the show and talking to him after was a bonus)? or maybe, and again just speculating, as a primarily introverted person he seems to be, he may be leery of them, but once he did a few and realized he actually enjoyed it, he may have changed his mind?

either way, he certainly did a tons of them last year, spread over 3 tour legs that kept being added on separately, one after the other. so if he hated them during leg 2, you'd think he would not have them during legs 3 and 4.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Stevie most certainly had the chance to just wave & go on their merry way, I have no doubt it was her that told the driver to STOP.. Stevie was super friendly all smiles and very chatty, on the other hand Lindsey, Mick John & Christine were not so friendly which didn't bother me as I was totally focused on Stevie for the whole time, my heart was beating so fast I thought I was really going to have a heart attack.. It was the best day ever!
This event goes down in (my) history as the coolest chance meeting ever! 2nd place belongs to ChiliD's meeting of FM at an Eric Clapton concert.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie that brought me to FM.I have respect for all FM members present and past members.

I dearly miss Christine in the band.

Everybody has their favorite member of the band.

I love Lindsey.He is the best guitar player that I like along with Waddy W.

Speaking of meeting up with artists.I met up with Emmylou Harris on her bus two times.She loves Stevie and FM.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
screencaps (sorry, not a very good quality, but it can give you an idea) from one of his m&g conversations, exactly a year ago actually - make your own conclusions whether he laughs:
https://www.facebook.com/ellellew/me...1507240&type=3
For some reason I couldn't see it!!! But I hope it has something to do with him laughing lol!

Also, thank you for sharing those meet and greet threads! I loved reading them. What I'm also impressed by is how you guys all see each other at shows (ledgies)... I think that's awesome! It's like a little LB community.

I stumbled upon your FB. Do you get paid to be an LB promoter? Because you should. Some great stuff on there!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i remember that cool story you shared - that was when you walked by a good looking guy with a really short hair in the bus and had no clue who he was, although you could recognized other Mac members, right?
and later you realized the short-haired guy was actually Tusk-era Lindsey.
Yeah, well back then in the 80's most guys had long hair. To me he looked like a freak, an extremely handsome freak at that!!!!..

You know, I still cant get my head around why the 5 Fireflies were alone (sightseeing ?) without their entourage of friends & family etc. Perhaps they needed time together to sort out their latest drama that was going down at the time who knows!! the elusive Fleetwood Mac lives on.. gotta Luv em