User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

i didn't realize they were in SN's dressing room in those before the show scenes in DR doc - i need to rewatch it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
One time I thought they were in the boys' dressing room. That time when they said "Where's Lindsey?" and the answer was that he was relieving himself. I could have done with, "He's in the rest room," rather than "He's peeing."

Michele
Pretty sure it's Stevie's dressing room - even when LB is in the bathroom.

Quote:
yeah and he's yelling back "not yet!". he seems to be peeing right before the show in almost every single doc and apparently doesn't mind sharing the fact.
That was too funny!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Pretty sure it's Stevie's dressing room - even when LB is in the bathroom.

That was too funny!
I think the fact Lindsey doesn't mind sharing the fact he's currently peeing with the Stevie, Mick and John (and fans watching the doco) just goes to show comfortable in his own skin he feels around SN, MF and JM. I'm happy for him.....

but now I have to mentally burn that image of an ugly 55 year old man (I'm aware he is 63, just referring specifically to the SYW era doco) taking a leak from my mind! No offence to Lindsey but that ain't pretty...ick.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
but now I have to mentally burn that image of an ugly 55 year old man (I'm aware he is 63, just referring specifically to the SYW era doco) taking a leak from my mind! No offence to Lindsey but that ain't pretty...ick.
????? LB was at his hottest during that era.

aren't you a guy? don't your restrooms have urinals? guess you somehow avoid going to the restroom in any public place?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-17-2013, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't remember Lindsey peeing in SYW. But I'm kinky enough that I'm sure I enjoyed it thoroughly at the time.

Dude's aged well.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
One time I thought they were in the boys' dressing room. That time when they said "Where's Lindsey?" and the answer was that he was relieving himself. I could have done with, "He's in the rest room," rather than "He's peeing."
I've always gotten a kick out of bathroom etiquette. I'm just glad no one said, "he's indisposed." That's the only expression I'm not fond of. In my bathroom, above the toilet on the wall I have a real street sign that reads: NO DUMPING ALLOWED
Old 08-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ah, right, I should read entire posts! So it was only mentioned that he was peeing. That makes more sense to me.

Maybe I've worked in a hospital for too long, or maybe the UK is just more relaxed about that sort of thing, but "he's peeing" seems quite mild to me. I often say "I need to pee" when amongst friends and the occasion calls. I prefer that to leaving it up to people's imaginations what else I might be getting up to in the restroom. Peeing seems the least personal of all potential bathroom activities. It probably wouldn't even occur to me that someone might be upset by me saying that. Sorry, Michele! But duly noted.

Last edited by Dex; 08-17-2013 at 09:09 AM..
Old 08-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
It probably wouldn't even occur to me that someone might be upset by me saying that. Sorry, Michele! But duly noted.
Well, I don't leave the table by saying "I need to powder my nose," because that could lead to a different interpretation today than it would have 50 years ago. But I find something like, "may I use your restroom" or if I don't need directions to the facility, just rising and saying, "excuse me, I'll be back" conveys the message fairly well.

Obviously, for a child you need to question them rather loudly, "Do you need to go potty??" But if they're over 4 ...

On the other hand, I'm one of those people that is so tired of the breastfeeding objections I don't know what to do. You can feed your kid wherever you want and anyone who gives you a dirty look or a hassle should be arrested.

Michele
Old 08-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of rest rooms .What a nightmare are those ones at the rest stops.I've seen enough slobbery as I was traveling to the concerts never mind the restrooms at the venues.It just makes me sick.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 08-17-2013 at 05:03 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
????? LB was at his hottest during that era.

aren't you a guy? don't your restrooms have urinals? guess you somehow avoid going to the restroom in any public place?
Elle, yeah I'm a guy and yeah, I use public restrooms. Let me just clear something up for the ladies: when us guys use urinals we choose the corners of the large urinals and it is considered rude to stand next to someone you don't know while both of you are urinating in a large multi-person-use urinal. If you are both using single-person urinals, then you may stand next to each other but you do not glance over at the other person's genitals. It is uncomfortable when men do this and it is just not good manners.

Honestly, you have to understand, I don't think Lindsey is super-ugly. When I say ugly, I'm aware he is actually quite dashing and handsome. But to me he is not sexually attractive! And not just because he's a man, but because he just is not the kind of person I would be interested in, mainly because of the age difference and definitely because of his attitude to life and because of the way he treats the women in his life (no, not just Stevie, but past girlfriends and female friends too). Also he just seems like a dickhead. But I have reserved making a final judgement on whether or not I like him until I get the chance to meet him, maybe.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Ah, right, I should read entire posts! So it was only mentioned that he was peeing. That makes more sense to me.

Maybe I've worked in a hospital for too long, or maybe the UK is just more relaxed about that sort of thing, but "he's peeing" seems quite mild to me. I often say "I need to pee" when amongst friends and the occasion calls. I prefer that to leaving it up to people's imaginations what else I might be getting up to in the restroom. Peeing seems the least personal of all potential bathroom activities. It probably wouldn't even occur to me that someone might be upset by me saying that. Sorry, Michele! But duly noted.
Everyone, I can't believe we are discussing bathroom etiquette!

I will admit when I watched Destiny Rules I had a cheeky grin about the "he's relieving himself" comment. And I wondered what Stevie thought when the image of Lindsey peeing came into her mind...she's such a princess...but then again, maybe she's seen him nude so much in the 1970s she is not bothered by him urinating in her dressing room toilet.

I mean...I wish Stevie would let her true self shine through to the public more than she does currently. She didn't even react to the comment about Lindsey peeing, and in Destiny Rules Stevie was in generally, very cagey and reserved I think. Yes there were some glimpses into how she really felt, and she did speak her mind sometimes. A lot of the time she just said nothing. And her songs on that record Say You Will, suffered as a result of her not speaking up for herself properly. And the songs Stevie wrote for Say You Will also suffered because of Lindsey producing and, in general, it would appear he was very rude to her during the making of that record. And the he wonders why "she still hasn't thanked me for Say You Will". Pfft.

Last edited by secret love; 08-17-2013 at 08:31 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Elle, yeah I'm a guy and yeah, I use public restrooms.
lol at your whole explanation - so how come you can't stop imagining LB peeing from just hearing someone yelling that was what he was doing, but sharing the restroom with bunch of other guys doesn't phase you? seriously, what do you expect? that FM members don't ever need to use restrooms? i guess you do, seeing how you keep expressing your extreme opinions about various FM members as absolute truths.

Quote:
But I have reserved making a final judgement on whether or not I like him until I get the chance to meet him, maybe.
why would you want to meet a guy who you so obviously dislike and are so deeply prejudiced against?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-18-2013, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol at your whole explanation - so how come you can't stop imagining LB peeing from just hearing someone yelling that was what he was doing, but sharing the restroom with bunch of other guys doesn't phase you? seriously, what do you expect? that FM members don't ever need to use restrooms? i guess you do, seeing how you keep expressing your extreme opinions about various FM members as absolute truths.

why would you want to meet a guy who you so obviously dislike and are so deeply prejudiced against?
Ah gawd. You clearly did not realise that much of my last comment/post was sarcastic and intended to be humorous. Americans like you, no offence, don't get the Aussie culture and...I have a sick sense of humour that is impossible to convey through online text. You'd have to meet me and listen to the tone of my voice as I say these things!

And lol...you're such a hypocrit Elle, you've made all the judgement about me without even knowing my real name (it's James) and then you get on your high horse and attack me for not being in love with Lindsey Buckingham and not thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread (as you clearly do).

It's actually just my opinion - and all I said was Lindsey seems like a dickhead. I've seen him publicly embarass people and rile people up for his own selfish reasons. And that's just what's on the public record in docos, interviews with the press and songs.

I would love to meet Lindsey Buckingham because he seems like such an odd man, and I'm curious to see what kind of person he is in real life, when he's not working.

Finally, I never decide whether I like or dislike somebody until I meet them in person. Clearly, Elle, the same cannot be said for you. All I did was express how Lindsey appears to behave in the media, onstage, in song and in documentaries and then state my opinion of that behaviour. It's not a crime for me to feel differently about Buckingham to how his fans do.

I'm not a fully-fledged Lindsey fan. But I definitely do not hate him...he gave us the guitars in Gypsy. He gave us Tusk! ...Anyway ... I'm lost on you Elle because apparently my "extreme views" don't resonate with you and that's a bad thing, apparently.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Honestly, you have to understand, I don't think Lindsey is super-ugly. When I say ugly, I'm aware he is actually quite dashing and handsome. But to me he is not sexually attractive! And not just because he's a man, but because he just is not the kind of person I would be interested in, mainly because of the age difference and definitely because of his attitude to life and because of the way he treats the women in his life (no, not just Stevie, but past girlfriends and female friends too). Also he just seems like a dickhead. But I have reserved making a final judgement on whether or not I like him until I get the chance to meet him, maybe.
Quote:
Ah gawd. You clearly did not realise that much of my last comment/post was sarcastic and intended to be humorous. Americans like you, no offence, don't get the Aussie culture and...I have a sick sense of humour that is impossible to convey through online text. You'd have to meet me and listen to the tone of my voice as I say these things!

And lol...you're such a hypocrit Elle, you've made all the judgement about me without even knowing my real name (it's James) and then you get on your high horse and attack me for not being in love with Lindsey Buckingham and not thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread (as you clearly do).

It's actually just my opinion - and all I said was Lindsey seems like a dickhead. I've seen him publicly embarass people and rile people up for his own selfish reasons. And that's just what's on the public record in docos, interviews with the press and songs.

I would love to meet Lindsey Buckingham because he seems like such an odd man, and I'm curious to see what kind of person he is in real life, when he's not working.

Finally, I never decide whether I like or dislike somebody until I meet them in person. Clearly, Elle, the same cannot be said for you. All I did was express how Lindsey appears to behave in the media, onstage, in song and in documentaries and then state my opinion of that behaviour. It's not a crime for me to feel differently about Buckingham to how his fans do.

I'm not a fully-fledged Lindsey fan. But I definitely do not hate him...he gave us the guitars in Gypsy. He gave us Tusk! ...Anyway ... I'm lost on you Elle because apparently my "extreme views" don't resonate with you and that's a bad thing, apparently.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Everyone, I can't believe we are discussing bathroom etiquette!

I will admit when I watched Destiny Rules I had a cheeky grin about the "he's relieving himself" comment. And I wondered what Stevie thought when the image of Lindsey peeing came into her mind...she's such a princess...but then again, maybe she's seen him nude so much in the 1970s she is not bothered by him urinating in her dressing room toilet.

I mean...I wish Stevie would let her true self shine through to the public more than she does currently. She didn't even react to the comment about Lindsey peeing, and in Destiny Rules Stevie was in generally, very cagey and reserved I think. Yes there were some glimpses into how she really felt, and she did speak her mind sometimes. A lot of the time she just said nothing. And her songs on that record Say You Will, suffered as a result of her not speaking up for herself properly. And the songs Stevie wrote for Say You Will also suffered because of Lindsey producing and, in general, it would appear he was very rude to her during the making of that record. And the he wonders why "she still hasn't thanked me for Say You Will". Pfft.
A princess? Wow. You sure don't give Ms. Nicks much credit. She's a big girl and has been in a tough business for 40 years. She is perfectly capable of speaking her mind to Lindsey. She may be one of the few who will do that, but she does do it...even in DR, she never held back. If you don't like her songs on SYW, she's as much to blame as Lindsey, just as those of who like her songs can appreciate both of their contributions.

On a lighter note, you seriously think a grown woman is phased by a man peeing? Let alone a man she's known for 40 years and has had intimate relations with...lived with, etc?? They work together and spend time in close quarters. Should he go to a seperate building so as to not disturb her? We all know we all have bodily functions. Nobody's going to see or learn anything they didn't already know. I can't even believe this an issue. Are we that hard up around here?
Old 08-18-2013, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

woah woah woah... let's settle down there newbie, firstly don't use the Australian sense of humour as your out clause, i'm an Aussie, have met Lindsey and have been on this board for 10 years, Elle is one of the best posters on here, furthermore you seem quick to cast opinions on someone you have never met and yet fire up when someone does the same. Don't ever use sense of humour as a way of defending your opinions.