User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
John is the only one of the 1975 crew who has done a Ledge Q & A so mad kudos, but still I think he's slacking and should be docked some pay for not doing a single interview this tour.

He did one for Unleashed, during that first group press conference they had. This time around, I wouldn't ask him to leave his house or boat for a press junket, but if the interview takes place back stage and he is ALREADY back stage, he can participate. The only exception is if he or a family member has health needs and he needs as much time to himself as possible. Otherwise, step up to the mic buddy, just ONCE during this tour, please.

Michele
Hahahaha.Docking pay.This reminds me of my old job.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're right, there is nothing they didn't also say back in 2003, when it used to be bittersweet and now it's just sweet.

It's fun to wonder what they'll say about this tour 2 years from now.
oy, Lindsey used the bittersweet/sweet line during interviews for the damned DANCE. Enough already.

Like you, I'll wait a couple of years to hear what the real story was on this tour.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Thank you for the link, Nicole!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or I think Stevie and Lindsey are slightly unhinged mentally. I think they do it even when there's no interviewer prompting them. You're right, there is nothing they didn't also say back in 2003, when it used to be bittersweet and now it's just sweet.
Lol about being unhinged. Bless. They need Barbara.

Quote:
It's fun to wonder what they'll say about this tour 2 years from now.
Right?! I don't find it fun though, it disturbs me. But, we have so much more evidence to the contrary now though. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Quote:
I think Lindsey and Stevie have had that "what went wrong" conversation roughly a trillion times, so it's hilarious for Stevie to say Lindsey responded, "I wish you had told me this earlier."

Michele
I got the impression she had never apologized. Wouldn't you like to have heard that? She was apologizing for... Leaving him, breaking his heart, going her own way, or was she just saying sorry 'bout that SYW fight, or the time I wouldn't sit next to you on the plane, or for not wanting you to produce my songs? I mean a generic "I'm sorry" could be taken a lot of ways.

Oh -- remember Soldier's Angel?? I thought THAT was the real reconciliation? Now, it's Barbara's death. I know, I know, it's hard to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
The only thing that I didn't like was her makeup. It's clear that the interview was done just before the show, so her face is made up for the stage (ie. looks natural from afar but bold and exaggerated closeup).
Thank you! I couldn't put my finger on it, but you must be right.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Heres my copy of the interview.

http://www.adrive.com/public/JnuDxN/...08-11-2013.avi

Warning BIG File. approx 400mb

Enjoy.
Thank you, Skip.

Michele
Old 08-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
thanks (again!) for providing the link and transcribing Nicole!

i watched most of the interview, and man - people (including me!) accuse Lindsey of saying same stuff over and over again, but all this stuff i've heard from Mick and Stevie sooooo many times already i almost couldn't watch. Mick says exact same stuff at m&gs. exact same stuff. it's like his cycles lol. and Stevie with hers being "the greatest love story ever told" - man!

that said, it was nice to see some additional footage - like backstage and them coming out on stage.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-12-2013, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"It's a relationship that spanned centuries." I think she meant decades, right?

And the interviewer said..."Fleetwood Mac has been together for 4 generations" Maybe rabbit generations.

Kevin

Last edited by pattyfan; 08-12-2013 at 12:28 AM..
Old 08-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
Road time is different. It seemed like centuries.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Reminds me of when she said she and Lindsey were destined to be in a band together for 100 more years.

Michele
Old 08-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FInally got a chance to watch this tonight. Thankyou thankyou for posting to everyone who put links up here.

I agree with most of what's already been said but will add that I found it interesting to watch Stevie's mouth when the interviewer said "Lindsey said..." (about their relationship) she does this little twitch where the side of her mouth goes and it's like she's bracing for whatever he might have said. Subtle but noticeable.

I think Mick's comment about them being so popular and joking about them dying was him saying essentially "maybe people are coming out in droves to see us because they think this might be their last chance"... I guess because of their ages. Even though I know their ages it was a little jolt to see "67" next to his name... yikes.

I know they certainly did do the separate limos off the plane and separate dressing rooms and all that... .but um, it kinda seemed like they still do, actually. LB arrived alone in his limo, Stevie was in her own dressing room with her crew, and in countless interviews over the last several tours they admit they don't often even stay in the same hotels because either they have their own preferences in certain cities or because Stevie insists on having the presidential suite in any hotel because "I deserve it" and maybe Lindsey wants his own presidential suite. I'm not sure I see a lot of offstage time being spent together even now. (would we ever see Stevie roaming around in public like we do LB??)

Still, watching this made me gooey as always.

edited to add:
is it me or is this another interview where it seems there is still some lingering ... thing.... between Stevie and Mick? Again with her downplaying their relationship. Previously it was always "I loved Mick and Mick loved me and we ended it for the sake of the band" All this tour it's been "we only got together coz we were drunk/high". And more of Mick saying "I've had to learn to stop being the one badgering people to do things" ie this tour and EP...

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-12-2013 at 12:39 AM..
Old 08-12-2013, 12:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
"It's a relationship that spanned centuries." I think she meant decades, right? Kevin
I'm going with centuries being exactly the word she meant, bless her heart!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
I actually do think they've all 5 been together before over the lifetimes. But I'm reading Cloud Atlas right now. I'm into that kind of thing.

Michele
Old 08-12-2013, 01:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm into it, too, to a point. Need more knowledge and understanding tho.... I do believe SN meant centuries too.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Road time is different. It seemed like centuries.
like dog years right?
i liked that comment. always with the draaaahmaah that Stevie
Old 08-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Stevie and others (like Hoppy) have said that Stevie believes she and Lindsey have been together in past lives. I think that's what she meant by centuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I agree with most of what's already been said but will add that I found it interesting to watch Stevie's mouth when the interviewer said "Lindsey said..." (about their relationship) she does this little twitch where the side of her mouth goes and it's like she's bracing for whatever he might have said. Subtle but noticeable.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Wheels were turning.

Quote:
I know they certainly did do the separate limos off the plane and separate dressing rooms and all that... .but um, it kinda seemed like they still do, actually. LB arrived alone in his limo, Stevie was in her own dressing room with her crew, and in countless interviews over the last several tours they admit they don't often even stay in the same hotels because either they have their own preferences in certain cities or because Stevie insists on having the presidential suite in any hotel because "I deserve it" and maybe Lindsey wants his own presidential suite. I'm not sure I see a lot of offstage time being spent together even now. (would we ever see Stevie roaming around in public like we do LB??)

I bet they don't stay in separate hotels - or if it does occur it's just personal preference.For example, Stevie changed hotels in Dallas during SYW and then had Lindsey and family switch to her hotel because there was more stuff to do for the kids. Maybe too "speculative" for the board but I believe that was confirmed by witnesses.

Anyway, as far as hanging out backstage, I'm sure by the time they get to the venue and do soundcheck, Stevie needs to start getting ready. It probably takes her a long time to get ready. In DR doc it looked to me that they all sort of come and go from her dressing room, hanging out at times.

No, I don't think we would see Stevie out at random during tours. But she was photographed shopping in Australia at the end of Unleashed. She has said you would not recognize her if she was out and about anyway. So, I guess if she is recognized she didn't have time or the desire to disguise.