User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But if someone who was once a partner and friend sues me and I think it's unfair, I'd probably try to hurt them in retaliation if I could.

Michele

Not to derail this thread, but my comment was about
Michele's words "I'd probably try to hurt them in retaliation
if I could"
. The "I'd" being Michele.

Though I said it jokingly about not making Michele mad, you
guys can understand what I'm writing, right?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Not to derail this thread, but my comment was about
Michele's words "I'd probably try to hurt them in retaliation
if I could"
. The "I'd" being Michele.

Though I said it jokingly about not making Michele mad, you
guys can understand what I'm writing, right?
We both understood what you said. We weren't even reacting to that part of your sentence. We knew what you meant about that, but we were talking about Wendy and Christine and the 1994 lawsuit.

Michele
Old 06-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My opinion about Wendy has changed, somewhat. I mean, I didn't know anything about her before, except what Bob wrote. Now, I see her as a person more and I realize that she's in pain and probably lonely and scared, but the impression I'm left with is not a good one. Still, I know that anger is the second stage of grief, so in her place, maybe I'd be doing the same thing. I don't know.

Michele
Well, and she's not very internet savvy(saying that someone had to show her how to do some of this stuff), so realize that she's also new to "internet etiquette". She's not discovered the "self edit" button, yet!

But she's going through all sorts of emotions, and think all the support she's receiving on FB, is helping her sort through things.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Look, they're a lot like me. If I have cheated someone out of money or abetted others who did, then I deserve to be sued. But if someone who was once a partner and friend sues me and I think it's unfair, I'd probably try to hurt them in retaliation if I could.

Just from his posts here, Bob often lashed out when he felt hurt or insulted. It's a human reaction.

And I can't think of anything that Christine has done that would make anyone think she was a wonderful person anyway. She doesn't come off that way to me. I've always seen her as very funny, very talented, but a little cool and irritable. I enjoyed that about her.

As for Wendy, she already said that the person who excluded Bob said they kept in touch with him when they really did not. She thinks that they are not only cruel, but a hypocrite. Given that, I don't know why she cares whether or not they sent her a card. Why would you want a card from someone you think is an uncaring phony? Unless they are expressing true remorse over an exclusion that happened 14 years ago, I don't know why getting a perfunctory Hallmark card from them would make you feel any better. Personally, I think it would make me feel worse and angrier.

Michele
I could not have said this better myself. All of it.. 100% spot on..
Old 06-25-2012, 01:33 PM

^^ When did Christine become this sweet wonderful person? I often think of Patsy on AB FAB when I think of Christine. Smoking, drinking champagne, and wondering where her Christian Lacroix is darling! Is it really Lacroix darling?
Old 06-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
^^ When did Christine become this sweet wonderful person? I often think of Patsy on AB FAB when I think of Christine. Smoking, drinking champagne, and wondering where her Christian Lacroix is darling! Is it really Lacroix darling?
Old 06-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had a similar reaction when my father passed away... I didn't get much, if any, sympathy from the people around me and it was a shock. In many ways it made my grieving process a lot more painful. Whether that was a reflection on me as a person and my relationships, or the people around me, I don't know, but I had to stop caring so I could move on. I think Wendy was expecting some people that were close to Bob to reach out to her because right now she could use all the love she can get. I get the feeling she and Bob lived their lives rather reclusively and maybe at the expense of close human relationships. Maybe I feel that way because that's what I've done with my own life and I'm either projecting or recognizing. Sometimes a Hallmark card makes all the difference in the world.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
I get the feeling she and Bob lived their lives rather reclusively and maybe at the expense of close human relationships. Maybe I feel that way because that's what I've done with my own life and I'm either projecting or recognizing. Sometimes a Hallmark card makes all the difference in the world.
But from her posts, she's getting an outpouring of love and support. That doesn't make her house feel any less empty, but if it's cards and calls she wants, I think she's gotten an abundance, because Bob's death did gain world wide attention and shock and many more people than expected have responded.

Michele
Old 06-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

True. One thing she'll discover as time goes on is that even though there are those whose reactions, or lack thereof, may be shocking right now, equally the support she's receiving from perfect strangers will replace what's lacking. It may or may not change the way she feels about some of those people. It hurts, there's no doubt about that. These things in life have a way of doing that.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
But from her posts, she's getting an outpouring of love and support. That doesn't make her house feel any less empty, but if it's cards and calls she wants, I think she's gotten an abundance, because Bob's death did gain world wide attention and shock and many more people than expected have responded.

Michele
I agree with this. When someone dies, sometimes all you want is for someone other than yourself to realize that this person was special and to know that something they did meant something to others.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:

Michele
I'm very glad Bob Welch's death gained worldwide attention. He deserved it. He was one of my favorite.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Is this a wig he has on? His hair is pretty full here and it's really receding on the earlier mid-70s solo records.
You know, some guy named Fred just posted a BUNCH of pics of Bob on his FB, and if you go through the years, he only GAINED hair. Now, the last time I checked my comb, it don't work like that!
Go there and look through about 30 pics. The later ones had to be wigs/hairpieces(whatever you want to call them).
Old 06-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You know, some guy named Fred just posted a BUNCH of pics of Bob on his FB, and if you go through the years, he only GAINED hair. Now, the last time I checked my comb, it don't work like that!
Go there and look through about 30 pics. The later ones had to be wigs/hairpieces(whatever you want to call them).
Maybe he got hair plugs.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Maybe he got hair plugs.
Maybe. But the later looking "wig" pics are really curly, leading me to think they're probably wigs.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a Facebook Tribute for Bob Welch on July 21, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/events/263348937104323/

July 21 at 1:00pm until July 22 at 8:00pm in EDT.

In Celebration: The Life of Bob Welch

Facebook Event On Line: The Life of Bob Welch

Celebrating the life of Bob Welch, Date: 7/21/​12 1-8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time 12:00pm to 7:00pm Central Standard Time with videos,music,photos,conversation​,interviews, and a few surprises too. Promoting the signing of the Petition to Induct Bob Welch to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Join us for this event, and be counted!