User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2022, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Did she say that because she said in a prior interview that she and Stevie don't talk anymore?
yeah.... it feels like there's a certain amount of... I don't know what to call it... backtracking or some sort of softening what she's said elsewhere. Or maybe she's just getting old and it depends what day you ask her something what sort of answer you'll get. Maybe when her back hurts and she's got a cold and all that you get crankier or just more honest answers. Then other days she's more on the PR train. Like she's really glossing over her marriage problems with John, like "oh we never fought" when it's known he would go into drunken rages and tearing through hotels looking for her as she was hiding in Stevie's room, or the incident in NY (I think?) that even Mick sort of tiptoes around talking about but where everyone sort of agrees was the final straw (one gets the sense he might have found where she was that night and others had to intervene on her behalf, but that's just my guess. It was clearly something ugly in any event). And now saying how they all had such good times and so much laughter, when during the period of her return she talked about how the drama and fighting between S&L had just gotten too much for everyone. Age and distance can soften the bad memories and also make you want to look back and see how lucky you were and remember all the good fun things that happened. But there is a sort of schizophrenic flavor to her interviews recently.... one day she says this, the next she says the opposite.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Did she say that because she said in a prior interview that she and Stevie don't talk anymore?
I don't think so. But truth be told, I don't know what she's referencing. Were there rumours of them "not" getting along?
Old 06-25-2022, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't think so. But truth be told, I don't know what she's referencing. Were there rumours of them "not" getting along?
Most definitely. The Rolling Stone 1982 Mirage article always left that impression with me. They used that quote from Christine about getting a stuffed animal "Someone actually handed this to me, usually Stevie gets all that stuff." I always interpreted that as passive/aggressive. Stevie's management told her not to participate in the band's interview. In 1984 Chris went on the record stating they used to be close but they dont socialize anymore because Stevie created her own fairy tale world which she is not part of.
In the HBO Mirage show, I swear Chris gives Stevie side eye at the beginning of YMLF. Its almost like....can you please stay backstage and do another line. This is my song beyotch!

I dont think they had big fights (except maybe that Tango session about Everywhere) but I think Chris could see Stevie mailing it in and sucking oxygen from the band. But then again in 1982 I think they were all at each other's throats and needed a break.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It seems like she was listing who is still Fleetwood Mac; Lindsey is not in FM.
In the same paragraph she says she was always happy in the BN lineup.

She doesn't speak of Mike and Neil in the present either.

Mick did say once that she did an interview after getting up on the wrong side of the bed. What a diva he is!
Old 06-25-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
It seems like she was listing who is still Fleetwood Mac; Lindsey is not in FM.
In the same paragraph she says she was always happy in the BN lineup.

She doesn't speak of Mike and Neil in the present either.

Mick did say once that she did an interview after getting up on the wrong side of the bed. What a diva he is!
Oh yes.. I know all the above. I was thinking she was talking about the last tour. That Mick, John, Stevie and herself got along despite other opinions. I guess I just read that wrong.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh yes.. I know all the above. I was thinking she was talking about the last tour. That Mick, John, Stevie and herself got along despite other opinions. I guess I just read that wrong.
I know you know!

It's crazy I thought she was going to do a tour for Songbird, but it seems this was something Rhino had her do like they did for Lindsey's anthology, and Stevie's Stand Back anthology, though Stevie never even said a word about that package
Old 06-25-2022, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I know you know!

It's crazy I thought she was going to do a tour for Songbird, but it seems this was something Rhino had her do like they did for Lindsey's anthology, and Stevie's Stand Back anthology, though Stevie never even said a word about that package
I'm wondering if she even cares about this. She does pretend to care in the interviews. She's just not one to go back and listen to anything. from the past. I respect that in a way.

I think one interview Christine said she'd written "Slow Down" 10. years ago. And then corrected herself and said over 30. years ago.

Girl what are you high on?
Old 06-25-2022, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I'm wondering if she even cares about this. She does pretend to care in the interviews. She's just not one to go back and listen to anything. from the past. I respect that in a way.

I think one interview Christine said she'd written "Slow Down" 10. years ago. And then corrected herself and said over 30. years ago.

Girl what are you high on?
Its that trainer that Stevie told her to get. All that working out went to her head.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Its that trainer that Stevie told her to get. All that working out went to her head.
That’s probably what did her back in! The rigorous Nicks plan was too much for the old gal.