User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I was listening to this the other day and thinking it's been treated pretty shabbily by the band and by Warners ever since it dropped from the charts back in 82. Band members (especially Lindsey) usually put the record down.
It did top the charts for many weeks and sell reasonably well. But, creatively, it isn't given enough credit. Mirage was a very romantic album, and that's what made it great, in my view, and somewhat different from every other post-75 Mac album. The songs were rich in harmonies, hooks, and sentiment, all in the right doses. The album occasionally rocks, but quietly, sticking mainly to the concept of how love is elusive and fleeting, like a mirage.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Daniel... I think that's the single best description of 'Mirage' that I've ever heard. Cheers!
Old 11-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

I´ll highjack a thread here.

I noticed a mention of a 3-cd+dvd version of Rumours being released
(in the first half of 2008)

Anymore details,anyone?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
I noticed a mention of a 3-cd+dvd version of Rumours being released
(in the first half of 2008)
I was thrilled to get the DVD-A and the remastered version with extras, but isn't still another new version too much? And if the DVD doesn't have new stuff on it, I . . . I will pull my hair out, so that I will be bald in the entire crown of my head and just have a pony tail hanging down the back -- like Mick.

The only good thing I can say about it is that it would probably coincide with a tour or something else new (hopefully) to promote.

Now I am still waiting for "making of Tusk commentary" like what we got with Rumours. And also Mick has all of that Tusk tour footage that I only have in snowy quality. So, I would love some more Tusk releases. But the world is just about rumoured out.

Michele
Old 12-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i hadn't heard that. is there a remastered version out there?
Old 12-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy1 View Post
i hadn't heard that. is there a remastered version out there?
Yes, there are reissues with the original Tusk and Rumours recordings remastered. Plus they added demos and outtakes. Michele
Old 12-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Now I am still waiting for "making of Tusk commentary" like what we got with Rumours. And also Mick has all of that Tusk tour footage that I only have in snowy quality. So, I would love some more Tusk releases. But the world is just about rumoured out.

Michele
It would be great, but remember that there is an old Tusk documentary, and there wasn't a Rumours doc until 1997. I agree it's enough material about Rumours (all bios, special, etc, talks a lot about Rumours and how Mick joined L&S to the band).

What I'd love to see is more about the Mirage and Tango productions. Sessions at the french castle, interviews abot how they rejoined for Tango, after their solo works, etc.. It would be interesting.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With CDs going on the downward slide toward obsolesence (thank you iPod & iTunes), I think the back catalogue remaster project has been shelved. There hasn't been any news on it since the release of the original three reissues, so I would think that somebody must've pulled the plug.

I guess they could remaster & reissue the albums via iTunes, but I don't foresee that happening anytime soon. So, I guess we're stuck with the Mirage album that is out.

Oh, God, please not ANOTHER reissue of Rumours...that horse died years ago and the insects have already stripped everything that contained DNA off the carcass.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Oh, God, please not ANOTHER reissue of Rumours...that horse died years ago and the insects have already stripped everything that contained DNA off the carcass.
Oh, you love it.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Oh, you love it.
About as much as having a cather inserted.