Old 11-17-2018, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Tomorrow is only a day away
I’ll see you there.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hope you live close. I'm driving from Chicagoland and it's snowing. will be worth it tho
Old 11-18-2018, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Solid show. Rodeo was included. Some sound issues for the opener but afterwards seemed smooth.

While there are many ISA’s that are mind blowing personally I thought this was the best performance I had seen live in person MAC or solo.

What struck me most was how content he seemed with the tour/show sometimes when that monkey is off your back you find more enjoyment in the now. Struck me that he enjoyed playing this show more than any previous solo tours I’ve witnessed live. (Never saw OOTC your live).

Others noticing this too?
Old 11-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On my way home--review to follow.
I agree with how content he is with the shows. Part of it must be support from fans and I think the band has a lot to do with it too. He seems very happy with the guys and how well they play together. Remember last night he made remarks about wanting them to stick around forever. It's got to be encouraging for him that the fans are enthusiastic about less often played songs.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

can't wait for your review Lola!

some snippets from fans on twitter:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-18-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Solid show. Rodeo was included. Some sound issues for the opener but afterwards seemed smooth.

While there are many ISA’s that are mind blowing personally I thought this was the best performance I had seen live in person MAC or solo.

What struck me most was how content he seemed with the tour/show sometimes when that monkey is off your back you find more enjoyment in the now. Struck me that he enjoyed playing this show more than any previous solo tours I’ve witnessed live. (Never saw OOTC your live).

Others noticing this too?
not sure about enjoying more than other solo tours, but this is only my 3rd solo tour of his. he seemed to have enjoyed both 2011 and 2012 ones. i do think he was way more tense on BuckVie tour, maybe because he was partly carrying Christine, too, or maybe because they didn't know what to expect at the time. but i personally think his setlist on this tour is far superior to any solo setlists he had so far. if he had Gift of Screws in it and rotated the acoustic song like he apparently originally intended it would be completely unsurpassed.

he must enjoy the Lindsey Buckingham support rally atmosphere that this tour has though!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-18-2018, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default review

https://www.macombdaily.com/entertai...tw-macombdaily

Lindsey Buckingham displays big life after Fleetwood Mac in Ann Arbor
B
y Gary Graff ggraff@digitalfirstmedia.com; @GraffonMusic on Twitter Nov 18, 2018
Updated 1 hr ago

Lindsey Buckingham at Michigan Theater

Lindsey Buckingham performs Saturday night, Nov. 17, at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor (Photo by Ken Settle)

ANN ARBOR -- One door closed on Lindsey Buckingham this year -- and hit him on the butt on the way out.

Now he's ready to open another one.

That was the message of the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer's concert Saturday night, Nov. 18, at the Michigan Theater. Fired by Fleetwood Mac earlier in the year, he's responded not only with a lawsuit against the band but a purposeful renewal of his solo career, including a compilation of what's come before, and promises of much more to come. "You are here at the beginning of something new," Buckingham told the Ann Arbor crowd mid-show. "We have lots more down the line...We're looking forward to having time to do all that."

Though he played some of the group's material, Buckingham did not mention the turmoil with Fleetwood Mac -- who he spent 42 off-and-on years of multi-platinum success with -- or even the band superficially during the nearly two-hour, 21-song show; The closest he came was while discussing the "Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham," when he noted that he "likes looking ahead and not behind -- that's certainly served me well this year." But his song choices were clearly statements of purpose, including a solo acoustic pairing of "Shut Us Down" and Mac's "Never Going Back Again."

And he ended the night with the pointed and potent choice of his 2008 solo track "Treason," whose chorus declared, "Deep down there's freedom...We will rise from this treason."

Mostly, however, Buckingham and his tight four-piece band gave every reason to anticipate good things to come from his new path. Saturday's show offered an insightful and, to some, revelatory showcase for the creative inventiveness and even quirkiness that's made him one of the standout pop auteurs of the past four decades. For guitar fans in particular it was a festival of finger-picking dexterity as Buckingham -- in his trademark black jacket, black T-shirt and blue jeans -- simultaneously played leads and rhythms on both acoustic and electric, driving songs such as "Go Insane" and a solo acoustic "Big Love" into frenetic fury. Fleetwood Mac's "I'm So Afraid" was its usual epic discourse, with Buckingham slapping his guitar and mugging for ebullient fans who lined the front of the stage.

And the Mac's "Go Your Own Way" was a soaring, triumphant anthem with an extended solo at the end.

The show also let Buckingham dig deep into his solo catalog for songs he noted were seldom played, including shimmering gems such as "Surrender the Rain," "Not Too Late" and "Soul Drifter," the stomping angst of "Doing What I Can" and the gentle, bluesy "Street of Dreams" and the disco-flavored "Slow Dancing." "Holiday Road" from the "National Lampoon's Vacation" series was a roaring rockabilly set-up for a spirited romp through the Mac's "Tusk," while "Turn It Down" nodded to New Wavey pop.

During his comments Buckingham promised a new album and vowed to "see you again next year." And with Saturday's show he gave every reason to anxiously await both.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The second half of this show was a barn burner. The first half a little less intense-- allow me to explain....

I had a M&G ticket for the second row on the right side. While we were checking in I talked with a couple who paid for M&G tickets but had an issue with Ticketmaster. According to them they were notified right after purchase that their order was cancelled and they should purchase again. They did, but by then the M&G were sold out. Someone in front of them had the same issue. I've never had this happen Thank God!

I saw a couple I'd met in Indy for a BuckVie show so we had some laughs and talked about the current state of affairs.

The M&G seemed rushed to me (more so than the Chicago show). Seemed like there were less people compared to Chicago. I told Lindsey I was at the Chicago show and it was terrific. He said thank you and then I said I'm really looking forward to tonight's show and he said "we'll do our best" with a grin. The camera guy snaps a pic and I asked if I blinked. At the same time I'm asking about the blink Lindsey says "she blinked, please take the picture again". I swear this guy pays attention to everything---he sees all! We entered the theater and lined up in the aisle. The photographer/backdrop was set up in front of the stage. I was in line with a guy named Paul who's wife had given birth to their 4th child early that morning. Healthy baby so his wife insisted he go to the show. Every spouse should be like her! Paul said Lindsey was interested in hearing about the baby and the other kids and said maybe he'd do a dedication. Sure enough Lindsey dedicated Shut Us Down to Paul (he did not elaborate on the childbirth part). Paul was sitting close by in the center section and we looked at each other like WOW!

Before the show started I spoke to a female usher and a security guy who said it was ok to go up to the stage. As soon as the band came out I darted up to the stage with the girl next to me close behind. After the first 2 songs the female usher asked us to sit down which we did. I spoke to her on the side for a long time (missed a whole song) about how someone complained. She knew the security guy gave permission to go up, she wanted to consult with him because of the complaint. So we sat and wiggled in our chairs for too many songs. Meanwhile a few folks in the center section (first couple rows) were up and down. Whoever they were--good for them!! Nobody asked them to sit down as far as I could tell. Finally the security guy shows up and says "I told you it was ok, the band wants you guys up there". When I explained about the usher and the complainer he was like "just go". Ok--you don't have to tell me twice! Within minutes more people were up close and everyone was ready for lift off. Lindsey and the band lit up with that extra sparkle once the audience was freed from their seats. We had so much fun with him pointing and eyeballing everyone. Got to strum his guitar for the second time in my life
The 2 girls next to me thanked me after the show for talking with the security guard. This was their first LB show. They'll never be the same, ha!

During NGBA someone called out something like "I hope you win or you're gonna win" when he sang the line "You don't know what it means to win". Reference to his lawsuit I'm sure. During one of his monologues a girl yelled something like "Stevie is nothing without you/FM is worthless without you". I wish I was recording at the time but I wasn't so don't quote me. I was watching him like a hawk and he didn't respond except for a facial expression of acknowledgement--nothing big, just that you could tell he heard her.

After the show I chatted with my friends from the Indy show and a guy I recognized from 2 FM shows in 2014/2015. A girl was wearing a shirt with "I love the small machine" on it. I wanted to ask her about it but didn't get a chance. Cool shirt!

His shows are so high energy--I just love being able to celebrate the music I love. Even the slower/quieter songs have their own kind of energy. I get teary eyed but it's all good.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

https://www.macombdaily.com/entertai...tw-macombdaily

Lindsey Buckingham displays big life after Fleetwood Mac in Ann Arbor
B
y Gary Graff ggraff@digitalfirstmedia.com; @GraffonMusic on Twitter Nov 18, 2018
Updated 1 hr ago

Lindsey Buckingham at Michigan Theater

Lindsey Buckingham performs Saturday night, Nov. 17, at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor (Photo by Ken Settle)

ANN ARBOR -- One door closed on Lindsey Buckingham this year -- and hit him on the butt on the way out.

Now he's ready to open another one.

That was the message of the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer's concert Saturday night, Nov. 18, at the Michigan Theater. Fired by Fleetwood Mac earlier in the year, he's responded not only with a lawsuit against the band but a purposeful renewal of his solo career, including a compilation of what's come before, and promises of much more to come. "You are here at the beginning of something new," Buckingham told the Ann Arbor crowd mid-show. "We have lots more down the line...We're looking forward to having time to do all that."

Though he played some of the group's material, Buckingham did not mention the turmoil with Fleetwood Mac -- who he spent 42 off-and-on years of multi-platinum success with -- or even the band superficially during the nearly two-hour, 21-song show; The closest he came was while discussing the "Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham," when he noted that he "likes looking ahead and not behind -- that's certainly served me well this year." But his song choices were clearly statements of purpose, including a solo acoustic pairing of "Shut Us Down" and Mac's "Never Going Back Again."

And he ended the night with the pointed and potent choice of his 2008 solo track "Treason," whose chorus declared, "Deep down there's freedom...We will rise from this treason."

Mostly, however, Buckingham and his tight four-piece band gave every reason to anticipate good things to come from his new path. Saturday's show offered an insightful and, to some, revelatory showcase for the creative inventiveness and even quirkiness that's made him one of the standout pop auteurs of the past four decades. For guitar fans in particular it was a festival of finger-picking dexterity as Buckingham -- in his trademark black jacket, black T-shirt and blue jeans -- simultaneously played leads and rhythms on both acoustic and electric, driving songs such as "Go Insane" and a solo acoustic "Big Love" into frenetic fury. Fleetwood Mac's "I'm So Afraid" was its usual epic discourse, with Buckingham slapping his guitar and mugging for ebullient fans who lined the front of the stage.

And the Mac's "Go Your Own Way" was a soaring, triumphant anthem with an extended solo at the end.

The show also let Buckingham dig deep into his solo catalog for songs he noted were seldom played, including shimmering gems such as "Surrender the Rain," "Not Too Late" and "Soul Drifter," the stomping angst of "Doing What I Can" and the gentle, bluesy "Street of Dreams" and the disco-flavored "Slow Dancing." "Holiday Road" from the "National Lampoon's Vacation" series was a roaring rockabilly set-up for a spirited romp through the Mac's "Tusk," while "Turn It Down" nodded to New Wavey pop.

During his comments Buckingham promised a new album and vowed to "see you again next year." And with Saturday's show he gave every reason to anxiously await both.
I just realized this says Turn It Down instead of Turn It On
Old 11-18-2018, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Link with pics:
https://www.theoaklandpress.com/ente...467d6cbbc.html
Old 11-18-2018, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Panda hat girl sure was excited.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Panda hat girl sure was excited.
OMG you're not kidding! The 4 people in front of me (first row) were almost never there. I don't think all 4 seats were occupied once during the show. Lot of drinking I think.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I Must Go

https://youtu.be/jzjGT_nQZ-8
Old 11-20-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Treason & Final Bows