User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-24-2016, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Answer: According to Stevie the Mac only opened for Loggins and Messina and The Eagles. The Eagles shows were only one or two dates in stadiums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
In Pittsburgh they opened for The Eagles. I thought they also toured with Jefferson Airplane

According to setlist.com they played with Eagles on 24th and 25th July '76 as part of their 'One of These Nights' tour. They played Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh on 24th and Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough on 25th. Boz Scaggs is also listed as playing.
On the 24th FM are listed as playing 7 songs; Say You Love Me, Rhiannon, Landslide, Over My Head, World Turning +2 unidentified songs (I'm So Afraid, Monday Morning???)
Not sure whether its a mistake (cant really put too much trust in what is listed on setlist) but it seems they played 13 songs on 25th.

Checked in 'Play On'. Mick said (of 1975) 'On that tour we generally played three thousand seat arenas opening for acts such as Loggins and Messina, Ten Years After and the Guess Who'. Either Mick was mistaken and they didn't open for the latter two or Stevie is mistaken and they opened for more than she thought.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't they open for Jefferson Starship a couple of times in 1975?

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 12-26-2016, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
According to setlist.com they played with Eagles on 24th and 25th July '76 as part of their 'One of These Nights' tour. They played Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh on 24th and Schaefer Stadium, Foxborough on 25th. Boz Scaggs is also listed as playing.
On the 24th FM are listed as playing 7 songs; Say You Love Me, Rhiannon, Landslide, Over My Head, World Turning +2 unidentified songs (I'm So Afraid, Monday Morning???)
Not sure whether its a mistake (cant really put too much trust in what is listed on setlist) but it seems they played 13 songs on 25th.

Checked in 'Play On'. Mick said (of 1975) 'On that tour we generally played three thousand seat arenas opening for acts such as Loggins and Messina, Ten Years After and the Guess Who'. Either Mick was mistaken and they didn't open for the latter two or Stevie is mistaken and they opened for more than she thought.
I am sure Stevie is mistaken. This is probably all that she remembers
She always gets things wrong. Once I heard her say that her Wild Heart tour was in 1984.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And wasn't Wild Heart Tour a co-bill with Joe Walsh? So long ago... Memory fading... At least I still have the T-shirt!
I know exactly what you mean about fading memories...but I think it was Glen Frey. I remember hearing that horrible song with sax about staying with the one who loves you or going to the one you love. But I might be wrong. (see above comment)

Kevin
Old 12-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I thought they opened for JS on the HAHTF tour.
I don't know, since I wasn't there, but the first time I saw FM was in October of 1975 (White Album tour) and they were opening for Jefferson Starship. At the time I was under the impression the two bands were performing an entire tour together.

Isn't there a FAQ somewhere that lists all the gigs they've ever done, or at least all the gigs they've done since 1975?
Old 12-26-2016, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I know exactly what you mean about fading memories...but I think it was Glen Frey. I remember hearing that horrible song with sax about staying with the one who loves you or going to the one you love. But I might be wrong. (see above comment)

Kevin
http://waddywachtelinfo.com/StevieNicks3.html
According to Waddy's site, it was Walsh.

Thank god for the infernets!
Old 12-26-2016, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
http://waddywachtelinfo.com/StevieNicks3.html
According to Waddy's site, it was Walsh.

Thank god for the infernets!
thanks for the correction. I just looked it up too and Mr. Frey opened for Fleetwood Mac, I think on the Mirage tour. I know that I heard that song that I loath live.

Kevin
Old 12-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
thanks for the correction. I just looked it up too and Mr. Frey opened for Fleetwood Mac, I think on the Mirage tour. I know that I heard that song that I loath live.

Kevin
When I saw the Mirage Tour, it was Men At Work opening.
Old 12-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When I saw the Mirage Tour, it was Men At Work opening.
God, now my memory is really playing tricks on me because I "remember" seeing MAW opening for Fleetwood Mac too, but ...

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/tour/1982nfatour.htm

I was at the Oakland show.

So I guess FM had different openers for the Mirage tour, you saw MAW, I saw GF, and my memory is totally open to suggestion.
Kevin

Last edited by pattyfan; 12-26-2016 at 01:21 PM..
Old 12-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Kevin
You made me laugh out loud. I know the song you are talking about. It reminds me of sitting in my dentist's office waiting to get my teeth drilled when I was a kid. Glen Frey was a musical genius but his 1982 hit was adult contemporary gone too far. The sax just does that part over and over and drives me nuts
Old 12-26-2016, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You made me laugh out loud. I know the song you are talking about. It reminds me of sitting in my dentist's office waiting to get my teeth drilled when I was a kid. Glen Frey was a musical genius but his 1982 hit was adult contemporary gone too far. The sax just does that part over and over and drives me nuts
I know it's wrong to speak ill of the dead, but I'm only commenting on this song. I liked a lot of Eagles song. Also, every time I hear a sax in a rock song, I can only think that it should be an electric guitar instead. Bob Seeger, are you listening? (Turn the Page is ruined by that sax) And that includes Talk to Me. In fact, in includes the hell of of Talk to Me and Two Kinds of Love.

OK, my anti-sax rant is officially over.

In case anyone is interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb5OOAU4Duc

Kevin
Old 12-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know it's wrong to speak ill of the dead, but I'm only commenting on this song. I liked a lot of Eagles song. Also, every time I hear a sax in a rock song, I can only think that it should be an electric guitar instead. Bob Seeger, are you listening? (Turn the Page is ruined by that sax) And that includes Talk to Me. In fact, in includes the hell of of Talk to Me and Two Kinds of Love.

OK, my anti-sax rant is officially over.

In case anyone is interested...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb5OOAU4Duc

Kevin
Ok now I can no longer agree with you. I am not a fan of sax or any brass in rock but the sax in Turn the Page makes the song. I also love the sax in Nothing Ever Changes.
The sax in Two Kinds of Love is ok but it seems like Stevie wanted to use Kenny G in as many songs as she could.
One agreement... I hate the sax in Talk to Me. But I hate just about everything in that song
Old 12-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok now I can no longer agree with you. I am not a fan of sax or any brass in rock but the sax in Turn the Page makes the song. I also love the sax in Nothing Ever Changes.
The sax in Two Kinds of Love is ok but it seems like Stevie wanted to use Kenny G in as many songs as she could.
One agreement... I hate the sax in Talk to Me. But I hate just about everything in that song
Wouldn't a wailing guitar be so much better in Turn the Page? I guess it's just me, but I can't hear a sax in a rock song without feeling like it's Vegasizing it. I would so much rather hear a guitar in Nothing Ever Changes. But I"m glad you like it.

Kevin