Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2019, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don’t think it was focused on one or two students. We only saw the very short clip starting just before LeeLee. They seemed to be going in sequence. I take it that several students performed before she did and a couple after her as well.

Why you would assume a short clip taken by one student’s Mother from a song that went on for 4-5 minutes means they hijacked the ceremony is beyond me.
exactly. usually there are about 10 compositions being done, with different soloists, and sometimes different instrumental accompaniment, like it seems to have been in this case. other parents were i'm sure focusing on their own kids and recording them, same as KB was recording her own child and husband. it's very possible other parents didn't even notice who was Leelee's dad and that it's his band's song, about him, and that he played his own guitar parts on it. but it was obviously a HUGE and healing deal for Buckingham family, and huge deal for fans of LB and FM. and i'm sure for Leelee's friends who probably knew her dad almost died 3 months ago, and how happy she was to be able to get him there, accompany them, alive and getting better.

some people, sadly for them, seem to project their own problems and experiences on everyone else, somehow seeing negative no matter how beautiful what's happening may be.

there were threads on these boards about negativity recently and it was so great to be away, in some other much healthier fandoms in the last few months. and forget how much negativity some FM and especially SN fans tend to bring in on every single occasion, no matter how inappropriate or nonsensical.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"