The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't consider the recent posts an argument. They're more an expression of disappointment. I think sites like David's provide a great service to the trading community. I disagree he's being generous and servicable in this case. You're right about a lot of things, ricohv. Control is out of the tapers hands once the show is shared, but is it really being elitist for a taper to ask people not to convert a show's format? It's probably too much to ask, but I see it as common courtesy to respect the wishes of people who go to a lot of effort and expense getting good equipment and recording quality shows. I know I won't waste any more time or make any effort trying to liberate shows from traders who don't want to trade mp3s. You're right. If someone has a great show from Fleetwood Mac and they don't want to trade with us Mac fans who'll circulate it as mp3s...they can just sit on it.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
Not to be a little bitch here but.. This was supposed to be an informative thread, not people arguing. Well I guess some of this is information! I agree with both sides, MP3's are handy especially for things I dont want to trade for. I really appreciate what service david is providing. I also fell what Brian and the rest of you guys are saying.. You really should follow the tapers rules. I download files off of Davids site for pleasure... I put them on CD but not on my trade list.. ON SOME RARE OCCASIONS I will do it.. I will be doing it for 3 FM shows tomorrow... I will inform people that it is MP3 though.
Just thought I would say.
Thanks for listening
Thanks for sharing your ideas. I don't think you're a little bitch. I'm listening!

The poll at http://www.throwndown.net proves me wrong 4:1. Most people are probably on the fence. They want the mp3's but they also understand why others are sore about David advertising his downloads here. The whole thing could have been handled better if people cared to be cool about it, but some people don't give a rats ass. They just want what they can get.

I don't see this as an argument over mp3 sharing. It's about honoring wishes of people who give out the shows. It's not a huge deal, but I think this kills your idea from the other thread about a Fleetwood Mac torrent site. Few Mac fans care about format. It's kind of a wasted effort to start a torrent site if only a few people want to trade uncompressed audio. We can do that on easytree but I wouldn't count on finding too many more hidden shows coming out there. You'll have to hunt these shows down on your own and trade for them the hard way.
I know I'll never share anything again with those who aren't cool to the folks who share.

Last edited by glitter_fades; 01-07-2005 at 04:43 AM..
Old 01-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjk3047
But you're going to tell me about the '**** I have written'?

Two words:
Spelling.
Grammar.
Oh my god, this is so lame! Sorry that I haven't been born in your country and didn't have the privilege to learn your language as my first language! I am pretty sure that my english is way better than your german will ever be!
I hate to arugue with you about all that, but that doesn't help us! Some people that for other people mp3 IS an alternate to trading and the thread about convert files will never end! Can any of you guys tell me how to burn a CD with flac files without converting them (or using a programm which converts them automaticly)?
He didn't say anything about conveerting them to WAVE files, why am I not allowed to convert them to WMA files?
And I also don't want to hear about purists anymore!!! That is absolutely twisted, because you don't need to download the mp3s I have posted! A lot of people are not purists and it really sounds like you want to controll everything, so that not many people can get them and you feel special! That's what the discussion all about! It is not about the taper's request anymore, because I read posts by all kinds of people, except the taper and the seeder!
As I said, this is absolutely sanctimoniously and has nothing to do with the topic anymore! Everybody has to convert the files to burn them and you will never controll bootleg trading, because sooner or later, most of the stuff will get posted as mp3s!
Old 01-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Twice in one day....Ricohv...
Thnaks for the smooches. But what'd I do?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv
Thnaks for the smooches. But what'd I do?
Your post at 12:49.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv
The intensity of these argumants amazes me. Call me another bad-Mac'cer, but really, wtf? First of all-why should we grovel to the person that might have more boots for us?
It's how to play the game. There's no groveling involved, it's just simply adhering to the requests of the taper in terms of file format.

Quote:
I will try to respect that. But don't be upset if it doesn't stay that way. Once you have given it up to the world to circulate it will change shape and form-not always for the better. MP3s are amongst the most common, easily accessed and played format of online music. So of course its bound to happen.
This is true. I'm well aware of the fact. But the way in which is was done was downright disrespectful. It's one thing to encode it to mp3. It's another to make it available on the internet in mp3. And it's QUITE another thing to in effect say 'Screw you, your request means nothing to me.' If I were the taper, I wouldn't expect groveling. Just a certain amount of respect and discretion.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizNicks
Can any of you guys tell me how to burn a CD with flac files without converting them (or using a programm which converts them automaticly)?
He didn't say anything about conveerting them to WAVE files, why am I not allowed to convert them to WMA files?
Why yes I can. Assuming you use Nero like a lot of peope, here's a plugin for FLAC and SHN among others.
http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/

WAVE is lossless. WMA is lossy.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey ya BITCHES! (JK )
Keeping with what this thread really was about.. I have some shows to tell ya about..
Gift Of Screws - Lindsey Buckingham
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=21527

Buckingham Nicks - Alabama (3 tracks)
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-det...id=21253&hit=1

Fleetwood Mac - Concord, CA
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=21622

Hopefully more will come soon..
ENJOY!
Old 01-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
Hey ya BITCHES! (JK )
Gift Of Screws - Lindsey Buckingham
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=21527
Banned.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Yep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Banned.
cause it came from a "lossy" source

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

See, that's what happens. I'm sure the seeder didn't know his format was lossy. These torrent traders know their stuff. We can't upload junk without getting banned. We have to know what we've got in our collections. The problem with the mp3 download sites is that many people trade mp3 source cds and later on down the line nobody knows what they have. That's why so little Mac material shows up on the torrents. It's a losing battle if everyone won't cooperate in keeping a few shows in original format. It doesn't mean everything has to stay that way, but if nothing's sacred we're wasting our time trying to keep things trade worthy outside our own circles.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I remember that Lindsey GOS going up... and it died a fast death on the board once discovered.

Nice to see Concord showing up... Thanks to Kieran!
Old 01-08-2005, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Two more shows were upped last night

Lindsey Buckingham - Live in '92 (San Juan?)
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-det...id=21649&hit=1

Stevie Nicks - Sanctuary Master
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-det...id=21648&hit=1

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 01-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the heads up....

Here's another that was put up today:

Live in the Studio 1975

This was recorded in a Connecticut studio in December of 1975, broadcast on
WBCN Boston on 1/12/76. The very beginnings of FM with its new lineup, featuring Buckingham & Nicks. Taken from a 1/4 inch reel-to-reel tape with Cool Edit Pro, wavs converted directly to .shn with mkwACT.

Track List

1 - Get Like You Used To Be
2 - Station Man
3 - Spare Me A Little
4 - Rhiannon
5 - Why
6 - Landslide
7 - Over My Head
8 - I'm So Afraid
9 - Oh Well
10 - The Green Manalishi
11 - World Turning
Old 01-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I would like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod
Lindsey Buckingham - Live in '92 (San Juan?)
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-det...id=21649&hit=1
the version that "markbrow" states that he has that he says is sourced from the master tapes before it was broadcast (aka "pre-FM).

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."