The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

PG's "comeback" is very exciting to me. I've just this week filled my CD player in my car with nothing but PG era FM music!! It's fantastic!! I haven't listened to any full CD's of PG with Mac in some time and I am yet again blown away!!

My wife and I were in London in 2005 and walking in a tunnel near a Tube station and there was this street musician with an acoustic guitar and he was playing Black Magic Woman!! We stopped and listened for a moment and then I gave him 5 pounds!! I just couldn't stop myself!!

I hope we in the US, particularly the West Coast/San Francisco area, get a chance to see Greeny again soon.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile A question for Mario

Do you - or Martin - know if there has been some sort of evaluation on the tiny tour in Europe. Will there be more - another tiny tour in Britain for instance?

Thanks

Ms Moose
Old 03-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Do you - or Martin - know if there has been some sort of evaluation on the tiny tour in Europe. Will there be more - another tiny tour in Britain for instance?

Thanks

Ms Moose
Does anyone know the answer to this? It seems like a promising start. Sure hope there is more.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by librax2 View Post
Does anyone know the answer to this? It seems like a promising start. Sure hope there is more.
I have the answer, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to talk, sorry

Mario.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
I have the answer, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to talk, sorry

Mario.
Ok then. Can you tell us when we might find out what you already know?
Old 03-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mario

Could you post a smilie response as something in the positive direction, or the opposite? We don't need to read the details yet.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

New album, right? ?

Hahaha, just kidding..
Old 03-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Could you post a smilie response as something in the positive direction, or the opposite? We don't need to read the details yet.
Nothing really positive, at least for now, I'm afraid!

Mario.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Mario.
thanks mario. well that really is sad for us. i haven't downloaded the complete performance recording but from the video clips from the tv appearance and concerts i thought pete played fantastically. and despite some of the negative comments in this forum i thought the band was very good, potentially great, second guitar maybe the only weakness- i do love geraint watkins!

on the otherhand, perhaps pete wasn't in enough control during his second comeback with the sg and now i hope he is. and if he doesn't want to do more shows because they weren't up to the standard or he didn't enjoy it enough or its not the right band, whatever, then we'll just have to live with what we've got from pete.

it is a lot, you know! zero
Old 03-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Ledgie

Quote:

Mario.
Now I'm almost sorry I asked. but I guess it's best to know.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peter Green at 63

Quote:

Well, firstly thanks to everybody at the Ledge for sharing infos and reviews, all of you are doing a great job to keep Peter's legacy alive.

Then, I listened to the Paradiso gig and even though there's is room to improvement, I like this new jazzy/relaxed musical direction. I think we can breathe almost a kind of "unplugged and seated" atmophere which I truly believe is okay for the 63 years old Peter.

It's great to see that Peter has now a more central position to the show and all in all that he seems to be at easy and happy with this new band.

Personality-wise Mike Dodds is cleary a better onstage partner then NW ever was.

He isn't a great singer, but I like most of the background vocals he and the rest of the band sing.

Overall, a good start, so let's hope that this Greeny's adventure, his third comeback will be a new beginning with a least a happy ending!
Thank You mario for being an ear for us.

I can only hope that i get to see Peter green again playing in the US. I missed the splinter group sojourns to the states for whatever reasons.
I am sure the band is evaluating what went well and what did not. I know from personal experience, that criticsim of musicians and performers is one of the most tricky things one can do. "They are a very sensitive lot" Of course that is what makes them artists. I do hope they go on and grow from this first tour and that Peter is engaged enough to want to continue.
now my wish list:

I hope they work on the sound balance to really highlight the star of the show. As much as he wants to be a part of the band, we all know why the audience is there. If it is done right the crowd might be able to appreciater Peter in his present form and try not to hold him up to someone forty years in the past, I only wish him the best in whatever he wants to do.
And last I hope he wants to come back to the US

vinnie c
Old 03-31-2009, 05:17 AM
Junior Ledgie

‘I hope they work on the sound balance to really highlight the star of the show’

After listening to the Amsterdam gig many times this seems to be the biggest negative really – certainly the vocals mixing.

Otherwise it was a great gig; Mike Dodd’s vocals are fine with me, although sometimes sounding a little nervous.
I like the relaxed atmosphere and laid back jazzy style, and everyone seems to be having fun, which is what it’s all about!
Peter’s playing and tone is superb throughout, he seems more quietly confident and content somehow, which is great to see/hear! Personally I’d prefer a change in guitars towards the end, maybe to some humbucker equipped axe or similar (for Thrill Has Gone & BMW etc), but that’s just me being picky!

Overall it was certainly an enjoyable and promising show, and indeed it will be a shame if there will be no more...

It’s really fantastic to see PG performing again, and wish him all the best
Old 04-01-2009, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Thank You Mario!

Thanks for your reply - even though you are in a tricky position. Thanks for being our ears - as doodyhead expresses it. From your point of view - like librax2 - "I am almost sorry I asked".

I agree with all the sentiments expressed here, summed up by JohnsonP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonsonP View Post
‘I hope they work on the sound balance to really highlight the star of the show’

After listening to the Amsterdam gig many times this seems to be the biggest negative really – certainly the vocals mixing.

Otherwise it was a great gig; Mike Dodd’s vocals are fine with me, although sometimes sounding a little nervous.
I like the relaxed atmosphere and laid back jazzy style, and everyone seems to be having fun, which is what it’s all about!
Peter’s playing and tone is superb throughout, he seems more quietly confident and content somehow, which is great to see/hear! Personally I’d prefer a change in guitars towards the end, maybe to some humbucker equipped axe or similar (for Thrill Has Gone & BMW etc), but that’s just me being picky!

Overall it was certainly an enjoyable and promising show, and indeed it will be a shame if there will be no more...

It’s really fantastic to see PG performing again, and wish him all the best
Being lucky enough to have been at the concert in Amsterdam, I can say that the atmosphere and Peters well-being seemed much better than when I saw him with Splinter group. But nobody knows what happens when the lights go out. Maybe he's just feed up and wants to retire. He has given his audience enough allready.

All the same it would be nice if either decision will be made public some time - to give us devotees some peace of mind.

Ms Moose
Old 04-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Thanks for your reply - even though you are in a tricky position. Thanks for being our ears - as doodyhead expresses it. From your point of view - like librax2 - "I am almost sorry I asked".

I agree with all the sentiments expressed here, summed up by JohnsonP:

Being lucky enough to have been at the concert in Amsterdam, I can say that the atmosphere and Peters well-being seemed much better than when I saw him with Splinter group. But nobody knows what happens when the lights go out. Maybe he's just feed up and wants to retire. He has given his audience enough allready.

All the same it would be nice if either decision will be made public some time - to give us devotees some peace of mind.

Ms Moose
Yes I'm in a tricky position.......

but don't be too negative I think - I cannot be sure - that the only real problem is
that promoters are not interested in booking the band, well at least for now!

Thanks for keeping Peter flame alive!

Mario.