Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Talking Albany Show!!!!!!!

This rocked!!! I couldnt wait for this show after having seen the Buffalo show!! I just cant believe how incredible these guys still are,and they still play with a fire and intensity that you just dont see anymore--this is the kind of show you wish could never end! i`m already having withdrawal and desperately need to see them again!! Stevie wasnt wearing heels,i heard someone mention before that she has a problem with her hip??
Lindsey was just as energetic and intense as he was in Buffalo--he seems so very humble and so appreciative of the audience.he took time to shake hands with people and sign a few autographs and when Mick was introducing all the "extras" there helping them out ,Lindsey was clapping and showing his appreciation for their efforts--what a GREAT guy!!
Old 05-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart My Lindsey Albany experience!

Hey guys - I was at the Albany show right AT the stage and I had the wonderful opportunity to touch Lindsey's butt!!! I did! I did! I couldn't help myself. I was standing right underneath him from Rhiannon until the end of the show. During a guitar solo, he came down on the step where all our hands were, and played and played! We were all touching him!! I touched his sweaty arm, his leg, his ankle, then I reached up and touched his cute butt!! It was surreal!!!!!!!!!! He sang to me on a few occasions....I remember him pointing at me during the first verse of Come and he sang (not in the mike) "you see your gypsy..." and he gave me this big smile. I got to shake his hand two times and he even signed my ticket...and he blew me a wonderful kiss. I had 2nd row seats but everyone went right up to the stage during Rhiannon and we never went back to our seats. Just thought I'd share.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That sounds great goldie! I wish I could have gotten Lindsey to sign my ticket or whatever. The whole front row of Pittsburgh was so into the show, but security people were being bitches and wouldn't let anyone within about a foot of the stage. If people got too close they pushed them back, and Lindsey didn't come down to the audience and shake hands (and obviously neither did Stevie). I was STILL the one he played at most though .
Old 05-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oh that sucks that they wouldn't let anyone up to the stage! I didn't expect it to happen - but it was like a dream come true when it did! I could not believe I was so close! I had waited 15 years for this! Lindsey was so good to the crowd - what a great guy. Stevie wasn't into us as much - seemed like she was afraid.....we tried to get her to come over to us, but no luck. Dare I say it, but she seemed a bit snobby about it! Whereas Lindsey was signing, shaking hands, blowing kisses, singing to us.......
Old 05-24-2003, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up It's wonderful reading these reviews!

I love reading how both Lindsey and Stevie are having contact with the fans at the front of the stage now, shaking hands, even signing autographs! goldie, you're scaring me! There's going to be a restraining order soon!

What were your favorite songs? Better live than on the album? Were folks taking pictures?

Thank you for sharing your show with us here!
Old 05-25-2003, 05:39 PM
Ledgie

I went to the Albany show, too! It was so wonderful...I'm so dissappointed that I only got tickets to one show (I want to go again!!!) I went with my roomate from college (we graduated several years ago, but the appreciation she gained for FM/Stevie during our years together has stuck with her since ). We even resolved our infamous Stevie Nicks/Pat Benetar conflict of 1998; after seeing Stevie live she conceeded that Stevie is, in fact, the all time queen of rock and roll.

Here's my little Albany review that I typed up Thursday morning but have had to wait to post because it'd been toooooo long and I had no clue what my username/password/even e-mail was back when I registered before. I had such a GREAT time!

When I saw Fleetwood Mac perform at the Pepsi Arena as part of The Dance tour I believed that had been my final opportunity to see my favorite band live in concert. To have the chance to see them tour again was an unexpected surprise...and last night the Mac was as magical as they had been in 1997. So much has changed in my life in the years since The Dance tour. Finishing college and moving on into the real world had left me with less time (and finances!) to indulge my Mac/Stevie “obsession”; however, seeing them last night reminded me of all that had started my fandom in the first place.
I won’t give a play by play of the entire concert, as I’m sure others can do more justice to that than I can; for me, the evening went by as one big, wonderful blur. Needless to say the band was outstanding. Stevie and Lindsey’s voices sounded great, there were the ever-fabulous harmonies, Lindsey was a maniac on guitar, a very “full” and complete sound...they flat-out rocked. I also loved the video screen behind the band and thought the use of lighting complemented the performance perfectly. Unlike previous Mac and Stevie tours, I had not been online to check out fan reviews and set lists prior to the concert, so I was in for a few pleasant surprises. From the opening drumbeats to “The Chain” to the final notes of “Goodbye Baby” I was captivated. I love, love, LOVED the addition of “Beautiful Child” (!!!) and “Eyes of the World” to the set list and was beyond
relieved that “Silvers Springs” and “Stand Back” were again included this time around. Stevie’s “You remembered,” comment following the former was amusing...how could we forget? I also thoroughly enjoyed the new twists added to several songs this tour, such as Stevie’s harmonies on “Never Going Back Again.” Though I missed hearing some of Christine’s songs, I can never hear too much Stevie and thought she was great singing Christine’s parts for “World Turning” and “Don’t Stop” (done as the first encore). I was also really impressed by the “new stuff” the Mac performed, particularly “Peacekeeper” and “Say You Will” (both of which, in my opinion, sounded more complete than they had when the band was on The Tonight Show several weeks ago). My only disappointment with the new songs was that “Running Through the Garden” and “Destiny Rules,” two of my favorites from the album, were not included in the set as they apparently had been at the start of the tour. Of course, if it were up to me I’d have had FM playing their entire catalog... For me, the highlight of the show was probably “Landslide,” from hearing everyone singing along, to Stevie’s adorable smile after the “I’m getting older, too” line, to the huge ovation it received, “Landslide” was simply beautiful.
I attended the concert with my roommate from college, who was a first time Fleetwood Mac/Stevie concert attendee. After being exposed to Stevie and the Mac through our college years, I was finally able to get her to a concert! We had tickets to see Stevie during her Trouble in Shangri-La tour, but the show was scheduled for September 12, 2001 and canceled for obvious reasons. She told me it was well worth the wait, however, and she was totally impressed and enjoyed the show (almost!) as much as I did.
To me, Fleetwood Mac concerts seem to lack a little of the intimacy and warmth of Stevie’s solo shows; however, they make up for it with sheer intensity and that Stevie/Lindsey chemistry that is still fun to watch after all these years. To anyone on the fence about going to see the show...do it! It was phenomenal and I only wish I could go see them again!
Old 05-25-2003, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: It's wonderful reading these reviews!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tango
I love reading how both Lindsey and Stevie are having contact with the fans at the front of the stage now, shaking hands, even signing autographs! goldie, you're scaring me! There's going to be a restraining order soon!

What were your favorite songs? Better live than on the album? Were folks taking pictures?

Thank you for sharing your show with us here!
lol!! Don't be scared...I tried to restrain myself - I only mouthed "I love you" to Lindsey once. He gave me this really cool look when I saidi it. I didn't want to come off as a complete wack - um although I think the butt touch may have placed me in that category!!

My favorite songs were Come, Beautiful Child, Silver Springs, GDW, GYOW. For some reason Say Goodbye sounded garbled to me.......I loved it, but too garbled.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of the Albany show, I saw a video for this show on ebay today!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 05-26-2003, 08:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Re: Re: It's wonderful reading these reviews!

Quote:
Originally posted by goldie
lol!! Don't be scared...I tried to restrain myself - I only mouthed "I love you" to Lindsey once. He gave me this really cool look when I saidi it. I didn't want to come off as a complete wack - um although I think the butt touch may have placed me in that category!!
Yep... the Lindz was definitely getting off flirting with you.. so how many strings did you make him break...

Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventy

Outside The Arthritic Pain
How Still My Dead Husband
Centrum Silver Springs
Leather and Lace With Elastic and Velcro
Stop Draggin' My Heart Monitor Around
After The Vision Fades
Edge Of Seventy
Bad Back
Bloomers On Fire
Talk To Me Louder
I Can't Mate
If Anyone Falls And Breaks A Hip
Wild Heart Palpitation
One More Big Time Rocking Chair Star
Beauty and the Bifocals
Has Anyone Ever Cleaned Your Ass For You
Old 05-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Thank you guys . . . and gals!

The Penguin will upload your review to the permanent section of the website if you submit them. You can do that by going to the "home" or entry board of The Ledge and clicking on that review section on the left hand side. I first found The Penguin after looking for reviews of shows in 1997. It's really amazing to see those reviews still there SIX years later! This fan built and supported site is staggering in size! Started and maintained by Marty, many many fans that have submitted articles, reviews, discography info, tour info, lyric interpretations that have made this site the Fleetwood Mac center that it is. You could all submit your reviews of the shows that you attended via the link, and make it a permanent edition to the site.

Mary Liz, I've actually read your reviews here in the past and it's great to see you back. goldie, and can tell you are 100% A-ok! It's amazing the band pulled itself together and took to the road again. Good for them! GREAT for us!
Old 05-26-2003, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Every time I read great reviews like these I get a bigger urge to buy more tickets to future shows on this tour.
Somebody hide my credit card.

- Jake
Old 05-27-2003, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
Speaking of the Albany show, I saw a video for this show on ebay today!

AWESOME!!!!! I am trying to find it - I don't think it's there anymore! I would love a copy of that.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
Every time I read great reviews like these I get a bigger urge to buy more tickets to future shows on this tour.
Somebody hide my credit card.

- Jake
Tell me about it - it's all I could do not to go to Uniondale and NJ. And darnit, I should have been there. They are only a few hours away for me. Oh well - next leg.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by goldie
AWESOME!!!!! I am trying to find it - I don't think it's there anymore! I would love a copy of that.
I will let you know if I spot it again!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 05-27-2003, 06:25 PM
Ledgie

Ugh, after reading everyone's reviews and all this talk about the concerts I SO want to go see them again...if only they were going to be close enough again (and I didn't have this pesky thing called a job ). I'm kicking myself for not changing the plans I had the night of the Buffalo show and going out there...

Speaking of more concerts...I've seen several mentions (in this thread and elsewhere) about a second leg of the tour. I've been out of the Mac-News loop for awhile, so I've heard nothing about this. Are there plans to add more dates? (I was hoping that maybe some in Canada would be added...or I've heard that Syracuse, NY would be a fabulous place to play. )

I'd also love to know if the Albany show pops up on E-bay again. I'd love to get some stuff from this tour, but my computer has crashed several times in the year(s) since the last severe flare-up of my Mac addiction and I've lost the addresses to the trading websites I used to visit. Thanks!