Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:03 AM
Ledgie

Default Nqa

I was hoping that No Questions Asked would be 'cleaned up' for The Very Best Of... CD, but the same muddy mix is still there- Stevie's vocal is buried. Love the song, but I'd like to strip away Billy and Rick's vocals-
Old 08-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
David, What songs did Lindsey perform on during those two shows? I've always been curious about what his demeanor was, whether it seemed like he really wanted to be there, how Stevie acted towards him etc. Were these shows before or after Mick's book came out, sorry I cannot remember what year his tell all was published.
He played Landslide, GYOW & Tear It Up. Oakland on the 6th & L.A. on the 7th. Of course he wanted to be there! That's why he was there. This was the year Mick's book was published -- 1990. Lindsey's demeanor? He was fine ... his usual self but maybe a bit more subdued. After all, he was a guest. He jammed on lead guitar with Rick Vito on GYOW. The Oakland show is circulating on audio, & the L.A. show on video, if you're interested. It was the final two nights of a lengthy Fleetwood Mac world tour, & Christine & Stevie had both announced that it was their last tour with FM, so Lindsey's cameo provided a nice sense of closure.

Unfortunately, Steve Pond's review is on the mark about the band's lack of energy. I saw shows in Northern California at the start of the tour, in June, & saw the Oakland show at the end of the tour, plus a whole lot of videos of the final leg. They were relatively good back in June but really started stinking by November. The November & December Fleetwood Mac shows are the worst in my recollection. I used to get those fanzines back in those days & I can remember being aghast at other fans' opinions of these shows -- you'd open your fanzine & read things like "Best show ever!" or "Stevie never looked so beautiful!" (!) or "Exciting!" By 1990, I was really starting to feel alienated by these Stevie fans. They seemed to be living in a different universe, with different physical properties & laws. When Stevie's album "Timespace" was released in 1991, I remember laughing my ass off because of the title. I thought, "How apropos."

P.S. In some fairly recent article, Lindsey talked about this 1990 gig. He said it was like waking up from a long dream in the sense that he was seeing the same people over again (bandmates, crew, managers).
Old 08-28-2004, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Btm

Thank you David!

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey