Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2003, 04:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie on stage

First of all I'd like to thank all of you for sharing all those great concert photos with us. But I was wondering about something. In all those pictures we can see Lindsey signing autographs but is Stevie doing the same thing? Is she coming to the edge of the stage to shake hands or sign things?
Thanks!!!! Another 24 days to go for my first show in Germany!!!!
Debbie

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 10-20-2003, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unfortunately not. She does wave and say "thank you" to the folks in front after Goodbye Baby, though.

Old 10-20-2003, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Try waving some Bengay at her, she might reach for it.
That's not an age crack so much as a comment on her apparent need to reserve all her energy for late in the show. I still don't think this is a happy time for her body.

- Jake
Old 10-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I still don't think this is a happy time for her body.
Of course not, she's going through the change. Her bones are weaker, her stamina isn't as strong, and she's going the route of Lize Minnelli with her hip. The next thing you know, she'll say she's going in for hip surgery and she'll come out with Melanie Griffith's lips and a face pulled so tightly that the whole free world will feel its backlash if it ever gives way.

But those are extreme circumstances.

Old 10-20-2003, 10:24 AM
Ledgie

With a hip problem, you can't bend over really at all... which would of course be required for the front row interaction....
At several shows she told people trying to hand her things to "give it to Lindsey" (heh heh, and wouldn't we love to ).. BUT at the last show I was at, she did shake a few hands, so that was encouraging!!
my dad had his hip replaced several months ago and has pretty much been told "NO bending over, to pick something up, etc." like, anymore : / He has to use a special thing even to put socks on!

Singer Stevie Nicks likens Fleetwood Mac to "a psychological encounter group times a million."
~ AZRepublic 7/03

What baby boomer, after all, doesn't harbor at least a slight fantasy of being onstage, still looking great, and spilling your guts to your long-lost first love as you two harmonize?
~WI State Journal 5/9/04

Old 10-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I also think that after the TISL sickness, she is scared to get germs from all of those people. Just a thought!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-20-2003, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In Knoxville she broke one of her roses off her mic stand and gave it to a little girl in the front row..that was the coolest thing...she shook a few hands...took a gift or two or so..

Chris
Old 10-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just think she is a little bit scared. This is a looonnngg tour, and there has been some weirdness (Reno) along the way.

She seems to be very careful, and I hate to say it, but- old. Time waits for no one, though Stevie still has a majority of "timelessness" about her- fer chrissakes ANY woman who looks as good as Stevie does at 55 should be ecstatic!

I kind of feel sorry for her. I think she would have preferred to do this long SYW/FM re-strengthing during the Enchanted era.

Eh, what the hell do I know...??? If she's happy, then that's alright....
Old 10-20-2003, 03:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I also think that after the TISL sickness, she is scared to get germs from all of those people. Just a thought!!!!!
What happened to her during TISL tour?

No she is nothing like she was on that tour or any of her solo tours. She would always interact with the crowd. I noticed that my first show. Like she is in the wings letting Lindsey have some of it.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystical88
What happened to her during TISL tour?

No she is nothing like she was on that tour or any of her solo tours. She would always interact with the crowd. I noticed that my first show. Like she is in the wings letting Lindsey have some of it.
I agree she was much more accessible on the TISL tour. I just think it is possible that she determined she lost her voice from a cold she got by touching 500 or so people a night and decided not to do that again. Its just a theory

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-20-2003, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I agree she was much more accessible on the TISL tour. I just think it is possible that she determined she lost her voice from a cold she got by touching 500 or so people a night and decided not to do that again. Its just a theory
Yeah, but she's been doing it for twenty years, surely it wasn't the first time she got sick or ill from it. I just think that there is a time and place for Stevie to do that: on her solo tours. There really isn't a song like Edge of 17 that would allow her time to do it, either.

Old 10-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Does anyone else remember sometime before the Dance Tour, there was a piece on the NicksFix, written by a fan who won dinner with Stevie thru some kind of radio contest, or something?
I really wish I could find it again.

Anyway, I recall the fan mentioning that Stevie told them that she wouldn't be shaking hands with the audience, etc., during the tour, because she didn't want to take any chances of doing something that would in some way upset Lindsey or Christine.
She said that the upcoming tour was about Fleetwood Mac, and not her, and that she wanted it to be a happy experience for everyone in the band.

On the current tour, perhaps her hip-troubles and the menopause are contributing to it in some way, but I really think the biggest reason that Stevie isn't interacting with the audience in any major way, is that she wants Lindsey to have "equal time"... given that Lindsey hasn't toured since 1997, and Stevie has toured twice since then.
She's probably also enjoying the fact that she can step back a little, and let him work the crowd the way she typically does.

Anyway, that's just my take on it.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I mentioned this to dissention and I think Marissa. My feeling is, by distancing herself the way she has been now for a while, I think Stevie is preparing us all for the eventual time where she is no longer with us. By that I mean her retirement and God forbid, nothing else. I have just noticed that she is distancing herself form us on this last tour. JMHO.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think this tour is anything unusual like Johnny Stew said...Stevie has always kind of been this way with the Fleetwood Mac tours..

I don't think she's trying to let us down easy for her retirement or anything..I don't think Stevie will fully retire for a long time...I'm sure she will scale down what she does to a large extent, but as long as people show interest she will do things here and there

Chris
Old 10-20-2003, 08:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ShangriLaTroubl
I don't think this tour is anything unusual like Johnny Stew said...Stevie has always kind of been this way with the Fleetwood Mac tours..

I don't think she's trying to let us down easy for her retirement or anything..I don't think Stevie will fully retire for a long time...I'm sure she will scale down what she does to a large extent, but as long as people show interest she will do things here and there

Chris
Yes. She has always been different with the band than on her own tours. Respectful of the others.
She really is more stand offish on this one. But could be for may reasons. It is just great to be able to see her preform again. Don't you all think?