The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a great interview! Thanks for sharing this, kak125!
Old 12-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
What a great interview! Thanks for sharing this, kak125!
Agree, it’s a great interview. He’s speaking freely, which I find interesting and refreshing. I suspect he is spot on with his thoughts on Mick being embarrassed. I also admire the compassion (and love)he still clearly holds for this group.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:59 PM

Wow!! This is pretty much how I feel. And he nailed it.

STEREOGUM: Were those earmarked for another project? You mentioned you’ll likely have another solo album next year.

BUCKINGHAM: I did this thing with Christine last year, which was actually a really nice album. We had a ball taking it out on the road. Initially, the idea was that maybe we do a Fleetwood Mac album. She was still not in the band, but Mick and John and I had gone in with Mitchell Froom and cut some songs. So a few of the things of mine were already there, and of course when we got to that point and tried to engage Stevie in that idea, she didn’t want to do it.

STEREOGUM: Didn’t want to do an album?

BUCKINGHAM: No. And I’m the one who gets fired, right?

STEREOGUM: I read you haven’t spoken to any of them since then.

BUCKINGHAM: I haven’t spoken to any of them. Once we signed some papers a few weeks ago, I did hear from Christine in an email, as I expected to. I know Mick would probably like to, but I think he’s too embarrassed and just a little too weak-willed to do it. I won’t hear from Stevie because it was all her trip anyway. Again, I just have to forgive them because it’s really just Stevie being so needy for a certain kind of attention and maybe not wanting to compete with the vitality that I have.

STEREOGUM: Do you think you’ll ever end up back with the band?

BUCKINGHAM: Look, it’s Fleetwood Mac, anything’s possible. Maybe they’ll get it out of their system. If they ask me to come back, would I? Sure, because to me I think the lack of a proper farewell tour, if that’s what we’re doing, that doesn’t undercut, like I say, the legacy that we have so carefully built as the five of us, which they’re not doing right now. I don’t know what they’re doing. It’s a cover band kind of deal, and Stevie may be enjoying that, and that’s fine. If she is happy doing that, there is no one outcome that I think is going to be okay. The way I look at it is it’s giving me an opportunity to do some things in a more rapid-fire way with some new people who actually care about what I’m doing and not just about getting the money from Fleetwood Mac. Look, I mean it does make me question who these people are, but again, to look at it compassionately, I think it’s all coming from a lack of perspective and to some degree a certain weakness on their parts. I can’t stop loving them because of that.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Had he stayed with Tony Dimitriades (his manager during Destiny Rules), rather than going to Irving Azoff, I wonder how things would have worked with Mike Campbell, given that Tony manages Mike.

Does anyone know whether Lindsey fired Tony or whether Tony resigned the account?
Old 12-10-2018, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Well, Mick was a person who was always trying to self-promote, was always trying to do things that would bring in some income. But would also bring in perhaps what I would deem as the wrong kind of visibility for himself — clothing lines, being a judge on Puttin’ On The Hits."

Could you just plotz?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-10-2018, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
STEREOGUM: You have two “new” songs on this, previously unreleased.
BUCKINGHAM: Yeah. They made me do that.
Someone has slipped Lindsey a vial of veritaserum.

Quote:
I mean, I wanted the anthology to have a certain elevated tone that had a level of sincerity to it.
After more thinking recently, I've been guessing that this was the reason we didn't get Wrong on the Anthology, and although this quote was about the Law and Order songs, I think it serves as the answer about Wrong's exclusion as well.

Shame if Wait For You was excluded for the same reasons though. Even though the verse lyrics are (impenetrably) ironic and biting, the chorus seems "elevated" enough.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
After more thinking recently, I've been guessing that this was the reason we didn't get Wrong on the Anthology, and although this quote was about the Law and Order songs, I think it serves as the answer about Wrong's exclusion as well.

Shame if Wait For You was excluded for the same reasons though. Even though the verse lyrics are (impenetrably) ironic and biting, the chorus seems "elevated" enough.
I agree, plus "Wrong" wasn't a hit and there are so many better songs from that album.

"Wait For You" is one of my favorite songs. It should have been on Say You Will and been the single. Conversely, I don't get the appeal of the Go Insane material. Aside from the title track, which he basically had no choice about, I would have left it at "Slow Dancing."
Old 12-10-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I agree, plus "Wrong" wasn't a hit and there are so many better songs from that album.

"Wait For You" is one of my favorite songs. It should have been on Say You Will and been the single. Conversely, I don't get the appeal of the Go Insane material. Aside from the title track, which he basically had no choice about, I would have left it at "Slow Dancing."
Wrong was a hit on the classic rock stations. Back in the day when classic rock stations played new music from classic artists.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Ledgie

Man, this interview is terrific. Love when Lindsey decides against the diplomacy route and is just completely open and honest. Never knew the Fairlight was 8 bit!
Old 12-11-2018, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Man, this interview is terrific. Love when Lindsey decides against the diplomacy route and is just completely open and honest. Never knew the Fairlight was 8 bit!
yeah nice to see the real LB step out! he made it very clear why he hasn't in the past too - his previous mgmt was all about grabbing that FM moneybag (several not so thinly veiled digs at that shark guy sprinkled all ove this article). while his current mgmt actuall cares about the music.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2018, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What about taking the high road Lindsey. He comes across as an arrogant ass in this interview.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
What about taking the high road Lindsey. He comes across as an arrogant ass in this interview.
Just to clarify--how does Stevie come across to you at this stage?
Old 12-11-2018, 11:12 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
STEREOGUM: It’s not on the anthology, but “Wrong” is also a cool track from that album. It was a not-so-thinly-veiled dig at Mick, inspired by his 1991 memoir My Life And Adventures In Fleetwood Mac.

BUCKINGHAM: Totally inspired by Mick’s book. Well, Mick was a person who was always trying to self-promote, was always trying to do things that would bring in some income. But would also bring in perhaps what I would deem as the wrong kind of visibility for himself — clothing lines, being a judge on Puttin’ On The Hits. I’m going through a list in the song. I didn’t have a lot of respect. I mean, I understood that it was out of a certain neediness, but at the same time as much as I loved Mick and I still love Mick [despite] whatever weaknesses or lack of perspectives he has shown in the last year, I couldn’t love that part of him. Yeah, he came out with his book, and it was just kind of a real trashy thing. There’s nothing wrong with a book. I’ll probably do a book, but he doesn’t have a mechanism for self-editing in that way or perhaps discerning where the line is.
Yes, please!
We can all break down forever " 💔
Old 12-11-2018, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure if this post was meant as an attack towards Lindsey or not but Neil Finn posted the following on Twitter

I’m a cowboy, on the steel horse I ride, Im wanted dead or alive.......so many questions!! What was the steel horse they rode? A Prevost ? How many of their fans wanted them dead? The following below was a response from an obvious SN Fan.

Replying to @NeilFinn @logan_kaylyn
Only the #LindseyBuckingham fans or as we not so lovingly call them "Lindsey's loons." You are loved Neil Finn.