The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-03-2017, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If anyone wants to see Lindsey singing GYOW at Christine....

"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:50 AM

This show was the best by far!! The Greek sounded fantastic and the atmosphere made for a beautiful evening under the stars. (It was dark by the time they came on.)

I could tell Christine and Lindsey had the Los Angeles energy! In fact, it seemed like the rest of the shows were rehearsals for this one. Their voices were perfect. McVie's tone quality has improved to perfection. Listening to Wish You Were Here was amazing. NGBA really grabbed the crowd, too. The interactions between CM AND LB were so genuine cool to watch. Lindsey talked quite a bit about how important creating is when you are a going concern as an artist. I'm so glad they made this new music because it all came off like a shiny new car. Lay Down For Free was the only lull in the show.

One thing that strikes me is just how beautiful Christine is up close. She is stunning. She shines the whole show. Both of them look so tall and slender up there.

The show itself was explosive and even the intro was very very well received.

I'm a bit sad this chapter is ending; however, what a thrill to see these guys perform so intimately. It really was a dream come true.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-03-2017 at 08:14 AM..
Old 08-03-2017, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This show was the best by far!! The Greek sounded fantastic and the atmosphere made for a beautiful evening under the stars. (It was dark by the time they came on.)

I could tell Christine and Lindsey had the Los Angeles energy! In fact, it seemed like the rest of the shows were rehearsals for this one. Their voices were perfect. McVie's tone quality has improved to perfection. Listening to Wish You Were Here was amazing. NGBA really grabbed the crowd, too. The interactions between CM AND LB were so genuine cool to watch. Lindsey talked quite a bit about how important creating is when you are a going concern as an artist. I'm so glad they made this new music because it all came off like a shiny new car. Lay Down For Free was the only lull in the show.

The show itself was explosive and even the intro was very very well received.

I'm a bit sad this chapter is ending; however, what a thrill to see these guys perform so intimately. It really was a dream come true.
So glad it was such a fantastic show! And from what I have already seen happy Lindsey was back!

I know what you mean. I had BuckVie post depression for a week! Here's hoping they finally add some UK shows....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

tons of great videos on this channel - possibly every song, including very cute false start on Red Sun ("it's called LA nerves!") -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lay Down For Free was the only lull in the show.
I think that's the song that got me most jazzed in LV. I was YELLING back at the stage: "I WON'T LAY DOWN ... LAY DOWN ... FOR FREEEEEEEEEE!!!!" And I kept pointing at Lindsey and Christine. So fun. But Lindsey was busy making kissy faces with Ms. Larceny.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

lots of great vids on this channel too -

Old 08-03-2017, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

not a bad sound here -

Old 08-03-2017, 09:02 AM

Too bad it doesn't show the false start on Red Sun. They handled it so well. And Christine did her cackling laugh when they screwed up. It was great.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Too bad it doesn't show the false start on Red Sun. They handled it so well. And Christine did her cackling laugh when they screwed up. It was great.
yes. here's the one with the false start (but overall sound not as good as the other video, guess it depends where the person who recorded stand vs the speakers plus camera quality) -

Old 08-03-2017, 09:39 AM

I was first row after the pit and the sound was amazing! It was a powerful show. Lindsey really feeds off of Christine. I'm grateful to have watched it.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

love and creativity intro

Old 08-03-2017, 12:05 PM

I loved this speech. Lindsey has always been about creating in conjunction with the big money machine and I applaud his for that.

I really really hope we see another BuckVie Album.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
love and creativity intro
i love how he's refined this over the course of the tour.

but it also makes me giggle a little bit because it's certainly a far cry from that god-awful "she burned all her bridges"

She looks absolutely gorgeous in these. She's always, in my opinion, looked sexiest with longer hair. I don't know if it's extensions or whatever but she looks great. her makeup looks fantastic.

She SOUNDS wonderful.... on Red Sun she sounds as good as she did in Seattle so I was perplexed when people at other shows said she didn't sound so good on it. Maybe it just depends on the night He sounds better harmonizing with her on that song here than he did in Seattle but still not as good as she does. But he sounds strong on his lead vocals.

It's fun to see how she's morphed over the course of the tour-- she's grown a lot more comfortable it seems with being more upfront. She's developed her own repertoire of moves and direct engagements with the audience. She's picked up a few of the hand movement tricks from Stevie But she's definitely grown over the tour to be more actively a front person which she doesn't have as much burden to do with the full band with both Lindsey AND Stevie upfront. It's probably still not her favorite thing but she does it quite wonderfully in her own way on this tour.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:26 PM

Elle, post the video where Christine has the bat and waves it at Lindsey.

She was acting like she was Stevie and responding to the lyrics. lol