Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A question of royalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
As for a (weak) link with the Green forum.
Greenbaum= GreenWOOD.. Fleetwood=FleetWOOD
Greenbaum comes from the german name Grünbaum which means "green tree". FleetWOOD refers to a small forrest which would be "wald" in german. I don't know about "Fleet.."
Now I certainly have brushed up my german and maybe I need our austrian and/or german friends to back me up on this one?

These threads certainly takes some strange courses - but there is logic in the development: Peter Greens royalties - who owns his songs - Michelle Reynolds involvement/possible gain - she runs/ran (?) Fleetwood mobile studios - the name Fleetwood - Green/Greenbaum......

Which brings us to the next subject in this wonderful line of free association:

Norton: As for royalties, did Harold ever get credited for anything?

No he never lived to get the credits for his loyal and dedicated contribution to The Fleetwood Mac Mobile (!) Circus. He was sadly beaten to death strapped to a bass drum head some time in 1969

Ms Moose
Old 01-18-2009, 07:42 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Moose View Post
Greenbaum comes from the german name Grünbaum which means "green tree". FleetWOOD refers to a small forrest which would be "wald" in german. I don't know about "Fleet.."
Now I certainly have brushed up my german and maybe I need our austrian and/or german friends to back me up on this one?

These threads certainly takes some strange courses - but there is logic in the development: Peter Greens royalties - who owns his songs - Michelle Reynolds involvement/possible gain - she runs/ran (?) Fleetwood mobile studios - the name Fleetwood - Green/Greenbaum......

No he never lived to get the credits for his loyal and dedicated contribution to The Fleetwood Mac Mobile (!) Circus. He was sadly beaten to death strapped to a bass drum head some time in 1969

Ms Moose
So, is there any connection between Rattlesnake Shake, and the demise of Harold?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, is there any connection between Rattlesnake Shake, and the demise of Harold?
Yes, it is said that he died in the wake of one of those long 35 - minute jams with sudden changes to the tempo and beat. Poor thing!

Ms Moose
Old 01-20-2009, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Snoot, the one reference that you have missed is from the URL that I gave (http://www.fleetwoodmobiles.com/FLEETWOOD_services.htm).
This outfit is all about mobile recording studios... trucks with recording kit...
How many mobile recording outfits existed bearing the Fleetwood name in the company title?

Thereby lies the coincidence.
Oh no, I didn't miss it my friend. I still think it is just that, purely a coincidence. "Fleetwood" is a more popular name than one might otherwise suppose. That's why I tried to show other references as to its contemporary usage elsewhere. I have my doubts the company link you provided is tied to Mick or the Mac in any direct way [beyond the fact that it doesn't open when I try to access that page]. But it does make for quite an oddball coincidence indeed. Maybe they purchased or leased a Fleetwood Mobile RS for Fleetwood Mac? Hmmm..

Quote:
As for a (weak) link with the Green forum.
Greenbaum= GreenWOOD.. Fleetwood=FleetWOOD (perhaps it should have been Fleetbaum)

nearly a segue.
Ok now you're getting somewhere. Let's see, how about NortonWOOD? Not bad, very Anglo and sturdy sounding, like Sherwood Forrest. SnootWOOD? OMG no. Sounds like something for IMMEDIATE rubbish disposal. MooseWOOD? Hmm, something you would roll and smoke?

Quote:
Simple. Fleet (pack) of green trees. Ah then, so Peter is in essence a lot of green trees, aka money trees, aka shake your moneymaker, aka rejection of naughty greenward delights, aka no more green manlishi! I'm starting to get it me thinks. Free association to the max baby.

Er, do I have that right?

Quote:

Ms Moose
Hmmm. Refer to the above again, as in MooseWOOD.