The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Has Stevie's decision to not record new FM album affected the way you feel about her?
Yes. I will never forgive her and I am no longer a fan. 0 0%
No. I respect her decision and will always be fan. She has earned the right to say no. 43 43.43%
Yes. I hate her guts, hope she rots in hell and spit on her grave. 1 1.01%
No. It's all Lindsey's fault. She should not tolerate the working conditions. 2 2.02%
Yes. She is a selfish, self centered Diva, who only cares about herself. 10 10.10%
No. It's all Christine's fault. Her return spoiled Stevie's plans. 1 1.01%
Yes. She has spoiled Fleetwood Macs last opportunity to have an album with all 5 members. 36 36.36%
No. Thank God! Stevie will only hurt the album anyway with lackluster songwriting & worn voice. 6 6.06%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This is exactly how I feel about it. It goes along with her pretension. It really is cringworthy.
Thank you! Remember her cameo on American Horror Story, where she played Rhiannon to her own accompaniment for the supposedly awed would-be witches? THAT was unbearable.

That said, she has accomplished A LOT. She will be remembered as a great songwriter, unique signer, and electric stage performer. That's more than most can claim.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 12-24-2016 at 04:50 PM..
Old 12-24-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Still . . .

It sold like 7-8 million copies and had two top-5 hit singles and four top-20 singles. That's a massive success by anyone's standards. It might have done better had Stevie contributed better songs and if Lindsey had stayed on for the tour. It could also be argued that the drama behind Lindsey quitting had a positive impact on album sales and that curiosity about the new lineup helped ticket sales.
Yes, I don't doubt that and I love Tango, it was successful even in my country. I think we've gone too far from where I started; I was saying that as last album for Fleetwood Mac I would prefer a Say You Will than a Tango In The Night for all the reasons I've debated.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Thank you! Remember her cameo on American Horror Story, where she played Rhiannon to her own accompaniment for the supposedly awed would-be witches? THAT was unbearable.

That said, she has accomplished A LOT. She will be remembered as a great songwriter, unique signer, and electric stage performer. That's more than most can claim.
Her work w/ FMac and early solo work is superb! I will never take that away from her. She used to know who she was.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

She did it in american horrorstory and that was so cringeworthy that I only consumed it only once. Couldn't bear it. That was a huge mistake. She also did it in that american songwriter- program. That was a lot better but still bad. As a televised performance, very poor. But the sympathy was there for her because she showed there how she writes. That was insightful and understandable.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yea .Shes not a piano player or guitar player as I'm not a typist in this keyboard.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-24-2016, 11:24 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs down

All those years complaining that Christine wasn't in the band. Then she turns around and does this.
What a disappointment..
Old 12-24-2016, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say You Will View Post
All those years complaining that Christine wasn't in the band. Then she turns around and does this.
What a disappointment..
Sixteen years is a solid amount of time to try to make something work.
Old 12-25-2016, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am actually surprised no one picked the first option. Michele
Old 12-25-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I am actually surprised no one picked the first option. Michele
Well, it's somehow included in the third, fifth and seventh option.
Old 12-25-2016, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
You're right on 3 and 5. I don't know if the seventh exactly includes that, though.

Michele
Old 12-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Well it may be a little redundant but I gave good choices. It's a good poll.
Old 12-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're right on 3 and 5. I don't know if the seventh exactly includes that, though.

Michele
I didn't read that in the 7th option. I'll always be a fan of her work until 83.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I didn't read that in the 7th option. I'll always be a fan of her work until 83.
I am a fan of her work in general, IYD and 24K included. I don't think I would have gotten into the band without her (although once I became familiar with them as a whole, I fell hard for the others) Over the years, however, I believe her worst personality traits have become the dominant ones, rather than mellowed.

Michele
Old 12-26-2016, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am a fan of her work in general, IYD and 24K included. I don't think I would have gotten into the band without her (although once I became familiar with them as a whole, I fell hard for the others) Over the years, however, I believe her worst personality traits have become the dominant ones, rather than mellowed.

Michele
Ditto for me, too. I remember my sister buying Rumours in 1977. I was just six and didn't really know the band much. Don't Stop was the song she played most. I also remember the world premier of the video Tusk. I thought, "THAT's the same band?!" Anyway, it wasn't until I heard (saw) Gypsy that I got hooked. I couldn't stop listening to that song, couldn't stop watching the video on MTV, either. The fact that they also did Hold Me was intriguing and enjoyable, but would it have been enough to pull me in? I doubt it. Stevie's song got me hooked. When I bought Mirage, however, I was immediately drawn to Love in Store and Eyes of the World, too. Then, about three months later, I heard Say You Love Me on the radio and remembered it from my early childhood, only this time I broke out in an excited sweat. Christine's voice and song were so amazing! From that point forward, I bought everything the band did and Christine became my favorite.

Stevie has always been able to give an electric performance. THE DANCE was a major testament to her strength and on-stage presence. But since that time she has become such a parody of the spacey diva that I have a hard time identifying with her.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No way, i am just grateful Stevie and all FM band members have survived the highs and lows from living the rock and roll lifestyles.. and have given us great music over the past 4 decades... I would NEVER begrudge Stevie not wanting to record with FM, it is hell being tied down for months and months on end with all the bickering its just not worth it for her!!! she will and should live HER life just the way she pleases. My opinion would be different if they were all in there 50's, Stevie should not feel pressured to do anything if she doesn't want to, not this late in the game.. She is happy, so let her be!!!