Old 06-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favourites:

- "Intense silence, as she walked in the room..."

- "What can I say this time, which card shall I play?"
Old 06-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"It's the same kind of story that seems to come down from long ago..."

"I guess you've heard about the Bermuda Triangle, there's something going on..."

"He had all the rivers under his power, he had all the mountains under his command..."

"Now the wind that's blowing out of the southwest is telling me "Boy, you better beware"...."

"I did a thing last night, you know, those future games; turned off all the lights, oh, the future came..."

"Let me retell a story of old about a man named Moses who lived long ago. He prophecied good, he prophecied bad, now that prophecy's coming to pass..."

"Oh how I wish I was back in Georgia, maybe I want to be back in time..."

"Now the swamp is getting deeper all the time and the faces that I see don't seem to shine..."

"You don't know what she means, you see, she's a heart that beats close to me..."
Old 06-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
"I guess you've heard about the Bermuda Triangle, there's something going on..."
(...)
"I did a thing last night, you know, those future games; turned off all the lights, oh, the future came..."
Love these. "I did a thing" is mysteriously off-kilter and I would've never thought up the phrase "future games" for anything, but it's just the phrase for it.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Totally agree about "Sara" and Mitzo, I'm with you on "Love Is". I love the way her voice sounds, kind of soft and just ahh it does something for me for sure.

I have this weird obsession with Second Hand News lately. Its not the best but "I know I've got nothing to say. Someone had taken my place" I think its less the words but the really strong start with the way Lindsey sings the "I knoooow" (and I love love love the next lines "When times go bad, when times go rough wont you lay me down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff...")

I'm mostly chiming in though for Illume. I love the entire first verse really. "Illume says the candle I burn. A reflection in the window all the way to Point Dune. Illume like it's dancing..." I loved Say You Will and Illume even beyond the 9/11 stuff is so quintessential mystical Stevie. And maybe this sounds lame but how cool is the word Illume? I'm guessing Stevie had the same thought at some point!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't pick any favorites. This just makes me want to listen to FM all day and night right now.

I just got the EP and am all Mac'd up!