The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

I thought it was a poor documentary. By far the worst of the three shows made to date by the BBC. Rock Family Tree's is still the best one and even the 'FM at 21' show from '88 (where they took the Chris interviews from) was better.

I could see why they concentrated on the Rumours line up but to totally ignore Mirage seemed strange. All a bit sloppy in my opinion. Whereas FM at 21 and RFT's get repeated quite often in my house I wouldnt bother watching this one again.

Have recorded the Johnny Walker BBC Radio 2 interview and will give a listen tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is anyone else bored witless by the constant harping on about Lindsey & Stevie's relationship?

I mean for Christsakes it was over a long time ago! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Thank you I feel so much better now

Gail
Old 11-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Is anyone else bored witless by the constant harping on about Lindsey & Stevie's relationship?
I never tire of hearing about it.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost Simon View Post
I thought it was a poor documentary. By far the worst of the three shows made to date by the BBC. Rock Family Tree's is still the best one and even the 'FM at 21' show from '88 (where they took the Chris interviews from) was better.

I could see why they concentrated on the Rumours line up but to totally ignore Mirage seemed strange. All a bit sloppy in my opinion. Whereas FM at 21 and RFT's get repeated quite often in my house I wouldnt bother watching this one again.

Have recorded the Johnny Walker BBC Radio 2 interview and will give a listen tomorrow.

To be fair theres only so much they can cover in an hours television. I don't really think it gave the hardcore fans anything they didn't already know (unless 2009 interview footage of the band floats your boat) and it would be wrong to assume that every Joe Public wants a drawn out 2 hour programme on the band. However, for the casual fan it was nigh on perfect.

Last edited by mystical_one; 11-02-2009 at 04:49 PM..
Old 11-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I never tire of hearing about it.
Really? It makes my teeth itch.

Still each to their own.

Gail
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

I mean for Christsakes it was over a long time ago! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Gail
I do kinda,

But also I do feel a bit sorry for Stevie who sits there after all these talking about this, Lindsey who has married (a younger woman and had children).

Somthing about it to me seems like she is the one member of the band who still hasn't really been able to move on.

I also think that part of the relationship difficulies between Stevie and Lindsey throughout the 80's and beyond was as much to do with his jealousy of her solo career as their LONG over romance.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
TV ratings: The X Factor hits high note
guardian.co.uk
BBC1's Fleetwood Mac documentary, Don't Stop, won its slot with 2.4 million viewers and a 17% share over an hour from 10.20pm. ...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...tor-tv-ratings
Ok.. I feel like a dummy. Where is the link to that story on that page?
Old 11-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedw View Post
Somthing about it to me seems like she is the one member of the band who still hasn't really been able to move on.
That's what I got from it. She still sound bitter but Lindsey seems to talk about because he has to "play the game" and keep people coming back for the drama. And it means he can give the same answers he's been giving for 30 years rather than having to engage his brain at any point and come up with something new to say.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Thank you I feel so much better now

Gail
I know that I am! That is the only thing I don't like about FMac-going on about the relationship that has been over practically since I've been alive. (I'm 35) I think I hear even more about it now than I did when I first became a fan (1987). It seems to always be some battle between Lindsey and Stevie, Not getting along, so then they don't want to work together. I wish they would never talk about it again unless they are talking about it in the context of being in Fritz together or about the Buckingham Nicks album. After that, the topic should be closed.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The thing is that along with the whole Rumours saga isn't even the most interesting thing about Fleetwood Mac, at least in my opinion. What about the founding member of the band going crazy? What about Jeremy Spencer inexplicably leaving the band? What about Bob Weston wooing Mick's wife? What about the band having their name stolen and the creation of a bogus Fleetwood Mac? Everyone knows Rumours and the story about what was happening within the band at that time. It's been told time and time and time again. There's more to this band than that single album. As was posted above, the Rock Family Trees documentary is definitely the best one because it provides the most insight on the band. The only thing it lacks is more information about what happened between 1988-1996.

Matt
Old 11-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
It was classic. She did this whole impression of Lindsey with his face down on the bathroom tiles going "oooh...ohh..oohh..." into the mic and the band and engineers were just sitting in the lounge area going "....ok?..."

That impression is hilarious--belly laugh funny!!

Just downloaded the doc from Throwndown--so far it's great! Not heaps of new detail to dedicated fans, but some great moments.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummergrl View Post
Ok.. I feel like a dummy. Where is the link to that story on that page?
Right below the words.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
The thing is that along with the whole Rumours saga isn't even the most interesting thing about Fleetwood Mac, at least in my opinion. What about the founding member of the band going crazy? What about Jeremy Spencer inexplicably leaving the band? What about Bob Weston wooing Mick's wife? What about the band having their name stolen and the creation of a bogus Fleetwood Mac? Everyone knows Rumours and the story about what was happening within the band at that time. It's been told time and time and time again. There's more to this band than that single album. As was posted above, the Rock Family Trees documentary is definitely the best one because it provides the most insight on the band. The only thing it lacks is more information about what happened between 1988-1996.

Matt
Both Don't Stop and Rock Family Trees are playing back to back on BBC Four this friday... So anyone that can watch will get the full story. And the following day Peter Green's Man of the World will play along with Don't Stop.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Both Don't Stop and Rock Family Trees are playing back to back on BBC Four this friday... So anyone that can watch will get the full story. And the following day Peter Green's Man of the World will play along with Don't Stop.
I'm not familiar with the FM at 21. I've seen clips, but never the whole thing. Too bad that's not going to play on Friday.

Michele
Old 11-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel very out of the loop. Someone post this on the internet pwease?

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥