Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2017, 12:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default How far will these Deluxe editions go?

I love these Deluxe editions that Rhino has been putting out lately, and even more so that there's a market for them! The remastered albums sound fantastic, the demos and outtakes are eyeopening, and the live tracks are my favorite of all. The Mirage Deluxe edition and Tusk Alternate in particular have let me see those albums in a whole new light.

But now that we're reaching Tango the question arises: will they continue? Tangos the last of Mac's hey-dey. Will they keep going with Stevie's solo work past Wild Heart? There's a drop in popularity there too. What about Lindseys and Christine's albums?

Here are the ones I'm hoping for:
  • Rock a Little is far from my favorite album but there are so many interesting demos from this period, many we haven't even seen. Some live audio of I Can't Wait would be great as well
  • Behind the Mask: the demos and outtakes are pretty interesting from this era (especially Rick Vito's unused tracks- how stand by the rock ended up there instead of these is beyond me). I also really like the live setlist from this tour.
  • The Dance: Why? I know this won't happen in a million years, but I'd like it just for a complete setlist. I also heard they rehearsed Isn't it Midnight (wikipedia) and Hold Me (not sure where I heard this) for this show as well, so if that audio exists I'd love to hear it.
  • Say You Will: i love the crazy production on this albums songs, but stripped down demos might also be cool to hear. You know all the songs also went through many variations to get to the final product, knowing Lindsey.

What do you all think?

Last edited by Netter75; 03-16-2017 at 12:30 AM.. Reason: spelling error