Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Got it to work. That ABC show sounds great. Thank you so much!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
...it is too damn time consuming to have to listen through a tape for errors before you burn it to disc so as not to contaminate the trading circles with YET another error filled recording.
I suppose it wouldn't surprise you Brian that the one show I'm considering torrenting is the copy of 8-31-1980 Hollywood Bowl that you sent me a while ago. The recording isn't the best quality (although still pretty good when compared to most of the audience recordings from that tour); however it's error-free and tracked like it should be.

Oh, and those end-of-the-tour shows were just amazing. Enough of a reason for me to put that up, sometime this week I think.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 10-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wasnt that show really sped up towards the end???
I really think you should seed that show! It would be great.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Two question..

1. Does anyone know how to seed a show that I have just finished downloading??

2. Does anyone know how to seed a show that I can upload??

Thanks
Old 10-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Hello..would anyone be interested in making a copy of the tusk rehersal for me..I am totally at a loss when it comes to computers and downloading stuff!!! Thanks
Old 10-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was wondering if someone would seed "Destiny Rules" doc. I can't get it out where I live. Is it wrong of me asking.
Also. I have a cd burner, is it possible to burn these files on a cd and be able to play them in a dvd player?
Old 10-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was wondering if someone would seed "Destiny Rules" doc. I can't get it out where I live.
Best Buy has it for $25.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Hello..would anyone be interested in making a copy of the tusk rehersal for me..I am totally at a loss when it comes to computers and downloading stuff!!!
After reading some of the above posts, what makes you think any of us are any better at it than you?
If you're not on dial up, read some of the more experienced's posts and give it a whirl.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

the reason I posted that was after attempting to download it since it was first posted with no luck I just finally gave up..this was my first time posting anything here and just thought I would ask..sorry
Old 10-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Ledgie

I really appreciate your doing this for all of us fans... I've completely downloaded the LB Center Stage and In Concert, and I've left them open for people as well... Tusk Rehearsal is at about 50%, and probably just needs another day or two to complete and yes, I'll also keep that open. I just wish I had some VHS or DVD to offer people through this fantastic way to share... unfortunately, I'm just beginning to create a video/dvd collection.
Is there any possibility of the Rosebud documentary being posted some day in the future? Anyone have this available in somewhat good quality? I've been wanting to see this for years, but still haven't been able to... this would be a dream come true I think for LOTS of fans out there!
Thanks again,
Adam
Old 10-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
After reading some of the above posts, what makes you think any of us are any better at it than you?
If you're not on dial up, read some of the more experienced's posts and give it a whirl.
Geez, I've been downloading the Tusk tour rehearsel for 32 hours(on DSL), and it STILL says I've got 36 more hours to go- and that's if I'm lucky-until a couple of hours ago, it said I still had 60 hours to go!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Don't feel bad, I started mine Sunday night about midnight and I'm only at 79%.. Download rate is really low... like 7-10 and says 30 hours to go... Reason being is that there is only ONE person that is currently seeding the dvd... Meaning one person has completely downloaded and has generously left their window open for others... Everyone else scrammed!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well, one problem I'm having is that I don't necessarily need the full quality or even the full DVD...

With bootlegs, I am often only interested in certain songs/performances and could do without the rest.

Is there anyone who has downloaded the DVDs already be willing to compress parts of them (in MPEG, MP4 or some kind of compressed format) and put them up?
Old 10-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexbt
Well, one problem I'm having is that I don't necessarily need the full quality or even the full DVD...

With bootlegs, I am often only interested in certain songs/performances and could do without the rest.

Is there anyone who has downloaded the DVDs already be willing to compress parts of them (in MPEG, MP4 or some kind of compressed format) and put them up?
Oh lord Alex, DON'T open THAT can of worms. These taper people(I'm not in that group) are crazy with their STRICT rules against signal loss of any amount. I've been through this discussion several times with them, in another band's forum. You might as well beat your head against a wall.....they've apparently signed some sort of death pact with the other tapers. They'd rather slit their wrists than even USE the phrase mp3.....
And you probably think I'm exaggerating.......I'm not.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Oh lord Alex, DON'T open THAT can of worms. These taper people(I'm not in that group) are crazy with their STRICT rules against signal loss of any amount. I've been through this discussion several times with them, in another band's forum. You might as well beat your head against a wall.....they've apparently signed some sort of death pact with the other tapers. They'd rather slit their wrists than even USE the phrase mp3.....
And you probably think I'm exaggerating.......I'm not.
Holy **** she's right! most of these downloads will have an "agreement" before you donwload.. YOU WILL NOT CONVERT TO MP3! Its insane