The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's no longer unexpected but Bob's solo version of Sentimental Lady has been added into the nightly rotation of music where I work. So whenever I work at night I hear it along with either Stop Dragging My Heart Around or Tusk. Peacekeeper used to be in the morning rotation up until about 2 years ago. Paper Doll used to be in at night.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This may not really qualify for 'unexpected FM', but today I found the Triad book for 10 cents at a library sale!!. I read it once about 18 years ago and I am glad to own it!!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will at lunch today I had my radio on,The station that I listen does a lunch request show,I was about to turn on my Ipod to listen to Stevie/FM tunes.but acouples seconds before I turned on my ipod a guy called in to the station to have them play Sara ,that was nice to hear.The station was oldies WDRC 102.9 from Hartford.Dam I wish they play Stevie's solo tunes.They play everybody else.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Will at lunch today I had my radio on,The station that I listen does a lunch request show,I was about to turn on my Ipod to listen to Stevie/FM tunes.but acouples seconds before I turned on my ipod a guy called in to the station to have them play Sara ,that was nice to hear.The station was oldies WDRC 102.9 from Hartford.Dam I wish they play Stevie's solo tunes.They play everybody else.
Funny thing, I listen to CT radio myself (as you probably know, Long Island is about 20 miles away, across the Sound) and I can easily pick stations up. The rock stations there and 103.9 WRCN (a hard-to-pick-up Long Island rock station that I figured out the problem was rooted in te fact that it's boradcasted for further out east than me) like to play the Mac a lot, and they always seem to be played when i'm thinking about how a guy wronged me in some way.

One day recently, as I was driving around, listening to 99.1 WPLR (that's a very good New Haven rock station) thinking about how at this time last year, my now-former BF would have come over and zonked out watching TV on my couch, The Chain came on. Strange coincidence, huh?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 07-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was in the bank today, at an appointment, to make a new bank account so I had the correct one for my student accommodation form, when I heard Everywhere being played in like, the main office area. I was so distracted I totally zoned out what the person was saying to me xD

The bank is the last place I ever expected to hear Fleetwood Mac, I must admit.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not exactly unexpected but...I was having dinner with a friend earlier and she told me she was listening to XM in the car and thought of me because "Fleetwood Whack" came on. She didn't really mean to say that, just came out wrong. But it was hysterical to hear that. Anyway, I asked her what song and she said something with lies in it...So I"m like, "oh, Little Lies".

When i left the restaurant and was driving home..guess what song came on...

Just wanted to share...made me laugh which was definitely needed after having a long week.

Bonus--I asked her today if she wants to go see Stevie with me next month in AC and she is on board!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

I was out to dinner with my family and Don't Stop came on in the restaurant

Well it really wasn't unexpected because I picked it out on the Jukebox thing they had
I picked all 3 Fleetwood Mac songs they had hoping all 3 would play but they didn't. The other 2 were Second Hand News and Blue Letter. I really wanted Blue Letter to play though because I've never heard it before outside of listening to it on my ipod
Old 07-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I flicked over to one of our local radio stations the other day and heard Think About It. I was more than slightly surprised. I did a double-take to make sure I hadn't put the CD or iPod on instead, but nope, regular ol' radio station.

Turns out though they weren't being completely random, but Bella Donna was the album of the day on Cover to Cover, a neat little show they do where they profile one particular album (the making of it etc. ). But at least for a fleeting moment I thought the world had become totally awesome.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Bloody hell 'Oh Diane' has just been playing in the background on Coronation street!
Old 07-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some Pita van called Fleet-a-Pita just pulled up on The Simpsons playing Don't Stop

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 07-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Funny thing, I listen to CT radio myself (as you probably know, Long Island is about 20 miles away, across the Sound) and I can easily pick stations up. The rock stations there and 103.9 WRCN (a hard-to-pick-up Long Island rock station that I figured out the problem was rooted in te fact that it's boradcasted for further out east than me) like to play the Mac a lot, and they always seem to be played when i'm thinking about how a guy wronged me in some way.

One day recently, as I was driving around, listening to 99.1 WPLR (that's a very good New Haven rock station) thinking about how at this time last year, my now-former BF would have come over and zonked out watching TV on my couch, The Chain came on. Strange coincidence, huh?

Ok you are across the little pond.I've notice WHCN plays alot of Stevie/FM from time to time,but I get sick of the new tunes mixed in. I have to try 103.9 WRCN ,but 104.1 probably interfere WRCN.WPLR is a awesome station to tune in too.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Ok you are across the little pond.I've notice WHCN plays alot of Stevie/FM from time to time,but I get sick of the new tunes mixed in. I have to try 103.9 WRCN ,but 104.1 probably interfere WRCN.WPLR is a awesome station to tune in too.
104.1 must be the one mixing in with WRCN when I get closer to Stony Brook (yeah, I go to school there and i listen to the radio as I drive up, but I noticed many times how I'd be rocking out to something, and there'd be static and Taylor Swift trying to butt in).

Another good LI rock station is 102.3 WBAB. They play some newer stuff, but plenty of older tunes too. Now, if you want a quick and easy way to rip your hair out, listen to 106.1. It's WBLI, our top 40 station that'll overplay a sng so much that you'll want to personally strangle the artist responsible for recording that song lol.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 07-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GUYYYS, Say you love me on a french radio right now ! That's unexpected, here !
Old 07-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

They played 'The Chain' twice on bbc1 tonight and it was nothing to do with formula 1!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just back home from a night out in our tiny town, where there's often music played, you know, on loudspeakers everywhere, and i heard a familiar solo. It was the one from Hold Me. HOLD ME ! Not Don't Stop, or Rhiannon, or whatever, but HOLD ME ! I almost cried . If this Fleetwood Mac wave continues, i won't call it "unexpected" anymore.