Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Snowy White and Peter Green

Hello,
on this site http://www.snowywhitefanclub.org/SWFC.htm
we can read about S. White and P. Green meetings and friendship.

His first UK band was called 'Heavy Heart' which recorded a studio album for EMI that unfortunately was never released. Heavy Heart's drummer was a friend of Fleetwood Mac's founder and guitarist Peter Green. So Snowy phoned Peter up and said "I've just arrived in London and I wonder if I could come and have a jam?" To his surprise Peter invited Snowy round. And they have remained friends ever since. When Peter had left Fleetwood Mac, he asked Snowy to look after all his belongings - including his record collection, his old tapes, his Fender vibrolux amp, his bass guitar, and his beautiful old Gibson Les Paul. One day Peter offered to sell his Les Paul to Snowy for one hundred pounds. "I looked at Pete and I thought about it and I decided that even if I paid him for it, it would always be his guitar, not really mine. And I figured he'd want to play it again in the future so I told him not to sell it, that he should put it away because he might want it one day. Or that I would put it in my attic and look after it for him for as long as he wanted me to, but in the end he sold it to Gary (Moore).One day Peter asked Snowy to drive him to the nearest charity shop, where Peter gave then his record and tape collection. "That was a bit painful to watch, I must admit" says Snowy.

He worked with the Floyd between 1976 and 1980, performing on the 'Animals' tour and 'The Wall' shows.In his spare time Snowy also played with his own band which featured Kuma Harada and Reg Isadore. This was ideal for Peter Green, who had decided to do some recording and invited Snowy to bring his band along to the studio to jam. The result was the album 'In the skies'.

Greetings from Poland
Krzysztof
Old 06-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default thanks, Mr K

It is always interesting to read other peoples's "what if?'s. In retrospect Snowy white also said that he was short of money at the time. It is hard to see other people you know and admire divest themselves of their possessions. You do think "They will want them someday", because you see their value in your eyes. Would Peter still want everything he ever possessed in his lifetime, now?

If you think about it, Would you really want your ex wife back or a bad memory or feeling that you had that made you get rid of it (the possession) in the first place? Would you want the words you said in anger or fustration back?

maybe yes, maybe no. You could always fall back on "The devil made me do it"

8^)

doodyhead

PS,, please send reviews of Peters shows

US fans want to know

Last edited by doodyhead; 06-06-2009 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Quick! Down to the Oxfam shop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowk View Post
When Peter had left Fleetwood Mac, he asked Snowy to look after all his belongings - including his record collection, his old tapes, his Fender vibrolux amp, his bass guitar, and his beautiful old Gibson Les Paul. One day Peter offered to sell his Les Paul to Snowy for one hundred pounds. "I looked at Pete and I thought about it and I decided that even if I paid him for it, it would always be his guitar, not really mine. And I figured he'd want to play it again in the future so I told him not to sell it, that he should put it away because he might want it one day. Or that I would put it in my attic and look after it for him for as long as he wanted me to, but in the end he sold it to Gary (Moore).One day Peter asked Snowy to drive him to the nearest charity shop, where Peter gave then his record and tape collection. "That was a bit painful to watch, I must admit" says Snowy.[/I]

Greetings from Poland
Krzysztof
Great to see you both back on The Ledge - Kowk and Doodyhead!!!
I have read this sometime ago too, and it is one of the most painful and heartbreakening pieces I have ever read - in this realm of things that is (of course the world has seen far greater tragedies)!

Arggghh !!! (can't find an adequate smilie for this emotion!) - imagine driving PG to the charity shop and watch him give away his record collection -and tapes. In the article I read, Snowy mentions that amongst the tapes were the first tentative versions of Oh Well with PG's parrot squaking in the background! This is why I constantly call for people to go and tidy their attics. Unfortunately only a small percentage of the worlds population see The Ledge

Of course for PG it was all about getting rid of all the evil connected with the business at this point in time. Had he only not been so bloody stubborn and just let Snowy keep the things for him.....

Oh Well - the world is full of "what if's"...it just goes on and on...

Ms Moose