The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

All my misgivings about this new line-up aside, I am excited to hear the Fleetwood Mac version of Split Enz's "I GOT YOU"-it seems like a song that they might do well by! I had to look for that song on Youtube-I knew it as a kid but didn't recognize it by name or make the Neil Finn connection.
Ricoh
Old 10-04-2018, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am stunned. Given the situation they have contrived to get themselves into, major kudos to them. Fleetwood Mac plays a song from Mystery to Me, Kiln House and Time. Stevie sings Black Magic Woman, an idea that's only 43 years overdue. The world's still turning on its axis, I take it?
Old 10-04-2018, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
I think opening night should have had its own thread. I had to go through 5 pages on this thread just to get the setlist
I give the setlist a solid B I am surprised.

Here is what I love:

Hypnotized OMG just to hear John's bass is probably worth the show. I cant believe the Mac is playing Bob Welch. That surprises me.

Isn't It Midnight - one of my favorites but its sad no Lindsey on guitar or vocals. But I am sure Mike rocks this one out.

No Stop Draggin My Heart Around - OMG when this was discussed I could not think of of a more UN-Fleetwood Mac song. It seemed odd to play just because Mike is in the band. Let alone the irony that Mike never wanted Stevie to have the song.

Storms - great Tusk deep cut. Although I cant imagine this song without Lindsey on guitar. That is going to sound weird.

No more Gypsy story - Nuff said

Love Kiln House is represented but this is not the song I would have done

Things I am cool about the setlist:

Too many Lindsey songs. Are you kidding me? Monday Morning and Second Hand News. I will give them a pass on Go Your Own Way

Could not do a concert without the sing along Landslide

Free Fallin as an encore. I suppose that is the place for it?

Things I HATE about the setlist:

I give them a pass on Don't Dream Its Over. Ok let the new guy sing one of his hits. But giving him 2 songs is just too much. Is this Crowded House/Spit Enz (almost the same thing)? It tells me Neil sounded horrible singing other Mac songs. Stevie had to sing Black Magic Woman probably for this reason
Old 10-04-2018, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Hypnotized
Hooray!!!
Old 10-04-2018, 07:35 AM
Feather Blade
This message has been deleted by Feather Blade.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think opening night should have had its own thread. I had to go through 5 pages on this thread just to get the setlist
I give the setlist a solid B I am surprised.

Here is what I love:

Hypnotized OMG just to hear John's bass is probably worth the show. I cant believe the Mac is playing Bob Welch. That surprises me.

Isn't It Midnight - one of my favorites but its sad no Lindsey on guitar or vocals. But I am sure Mike rocks this one out.

No Stop Draggin My Heart Around - OMG when this was discussed I could not think of of a more UN-Fleetwood Mac song. It seemed odd to play just because Mike is in the band. Let alone the irony that Mike never wanted Stevie to have the song.

Storms - great Tusk deep cut. Although I cant imagine this song without Lindsey on guitar. That is going to sound weird.

No more Gypsy story - Nuff said

Love Kiln House is represented but this is not the song I would have done

Things I am cool about the setlist:

Too many Lindsey songs. Are you kidding me? Monday Morning and Second Hand News. I will give them a pass on Go Your Own Way

Could not do a concert without the sing along Landslide

Free Fallin as an encore. I suppose that is the place for it?

Things I HATE about the setlist:

I give them a pass on Don't Dream Its Over. Ok let the new guy sing one of his hits. But giving him 2 songs is just too much. Is this Crowded House/Spit Enz (almost the same thing)? It tells me Neil sounded horrible singing other Mac songs. Stevie had to sing Black Magic Woman probably for this reason
Agree on the separate thread issue. Also, we are closing in on a year since the last Buckingham/McVie tour date and the Mac tour has started. Why hasn't the B/M tour date thread been taken down and replaced with a Mac tour date thread? I find it strange.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:38 AM

I love this set list! Wow!! A bit bothered they did Monday Morning.

Why? Because it's more of a deep cut that they could have done something more adventurous from the ladies or even Mike singing Peter Green or Bob Welch.

The Chain sounded great on the youtube I saw. Very surprised at how good it sounds.

Black Magic Woman w/ $tevie was cringeworthy... oy.. really really bad. Very nasal, like nails on a chalkboard. Why not have Mike sing this?
Same with FF. God that woman can butcher a song. I hope she sounded better on her own tunes.

I can't wait to hear IIM and Oh Well w/ Mike.

Ending with All Over Again is awesome! A duet with the ladies. Hasn't happened since, HAEWAFY.

I hope more vids get posted. Kudos for a great set list. I was bored reading some of the ones presented.

Final note: THIS BAND NEEDS NEW MUSIC. Wasted opportunity: Could have recorded 3 new tunes for the tour. It would help them gel and have some chemistry. (like The Dance. Bleed, Temp One, Sweet Girl(My favorite) and Demon.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-04-2018 at 08:06 AM..
Old 10-04-2018, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I love this set list! Wow!! A bit bothered they did Monday Morning.

Why? Because it's more of a deep cut that they could have done something more adventurous from the ladies or even Mike singing Peter Green or Bob Welch.

The Chain sounded great on the youtube I saw. Very surprised at how good it sounds.

Black Magic Woman w/ $tevie was cringeworthy... oy.. really really bad. Very nasal, like nails on a chalkboard. Why not have Mike sing this?
Same with FF. God that woman can butcher a song. I hope she sounded better on her own tunes.

I can't wait to hear IIM and Oh Well w/ Mike.

Ending with All Over Again is awesome! A duet with the ladies. Hasn't happened since, HAEWAFY.

I hope more vids get posted. Kudos for a great set list. I was bored reading some of the ones presented.

Final note: THIS BAND NEEDS NEW MUSIC. Wasted opportunity: Could have recorded 3 new tunes for the tour. It would help them gel and have some chemistry. (like The Dance. Bleed, Temp One, Sweet Girl(My favorite) and Demon.
I will say this, I have long hoped for a duet between Christine and Stevie. Nice way to end

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-04-2018 at 08:05 AM..
Old 10-04-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I will say this, I have long hoped for a duet between Christine and Stevie. Nice way to end
They have always sounded great together. $tevie keeps Christine in tune, and Christine can keep $tevie from sounding so nasal.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Credit where credit is due - very interesting setlist. Had Lindsey not been fired and the Rumours 5 did this setlist (minus Finn songs obviously), I would have gone to several shows this tour.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Credit where credit is due - very interesting setlist. Had Lindsey not been fired and the Rumours 5 did this setlist (minus Finn songs obviously), I would have gone to several shows this tour.
That never would have happened with Lindsey. He would not have been willing to do these songs.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I am stunned. Given the situation they have contrived to get themselves into, major kudos to them. Fleetwood Mac plays a song from Mystery to Me, Kiln House and Time. Stevie sings Black Magic Woman, an idea that's only 43 years overdue. The world's still turning on its axis, I take it?

via GIPHY

Old 10-04-2018, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

Here is what I love:

Johnny Mac sounded very, very good last night. He looked like he was having fun.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
That never would have happened with Lindsey. He would not have been willing to do these songs.
I guess I’m not familiar with that side of Lindsey - was he opposed to doing pre-BN era music?
Old 10-04-2018, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I guess I’m not familiar with that side of Lindsey - was he opposed to doing pre-BN era music?
Yes.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh and one more thing. I didn't see one goat t shirt and no one yelled for Lindsey.

via GIPHY

I need to make sure this post isn't buried in this thread - priceless!

Quote:
Exactly! It's a sad fact, but we wouldn't be witnessing this wonderful new show if he was still in the band. Sometimes things just need to change, whether you like it or not.