Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Also, Florence Welch and Adele both got pictures with Stevie backstage, with the LS dedication going to the latter. And Harry Styles going AGAIN clogged up my search.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 05-27-2015, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
And Harry Styles going AGAIN clogged up my search.
how many times is that so far? seems like Harry should be on the ledge!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-27-2015, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
And don't get me started on L's playing. Big Love was incredible. He literally made his fingers bleed tonight - he said it's the problem with having 5-6 weeks off!
poor baby, he seems to always completely take his time off and not play any guitar during the break so first shows back after a month+ he's bleeding all over the place. and just powers through.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-27-2015, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

Also, Florence Welch and Adele both got pictures with Stevie backstage, with the LS dedication going to the latter. And Harry Styles going AGAIN clogged up my search.
I thought she was smacking him in the face at first.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
how many times is that so far? seems like Harry should be on the ledge!
Seriously. Lindsey's girls may have gotten Facetime calls with him but Stevie got a CAKE.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 05-27-2015, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

cute (and typical!) interaction -

https://instagram.com/p/3M-n0hHNGb/?taken-by=mthom94

Old 05-27-2015, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
I thought she was smacking him in the face at first.
It reminded me of this. Except that that was rain and this was sweat. So, yeah... Lindsey's well aware it won't help though, bless him.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default tour book

also, for anyone interested, European dates have a tour book available again, same as they did the last tour.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
also, for anyone interested, European dates have a tour book available again, same as they did the last tour.
My goodness. That's maddening. Michele
Old 05-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
A stunning night. My highlights were You Make Loving Fun, Little Lies, Say You Love Me - pretty much all Chris's songs. Landslide was quite fast, I thought, but gorgeous and dedicated to Adele, who presumably was in the audience. Lindsey said his finger was bleeding just before Big Love... I loved Never Going Back Again, even at a glacial pace. Um, what else? Songbird was in, and was beautiful. No Seven Wonders. Silver Springs sounded a bit off... World Turning! Wonderful.
Glad you had a good time and it's wonderful that Songbird reared it's head again. I hope it stays. I like renditions of GDW when Lindsey starts kicking his boots together and she's pointing at him, "did she make you cry, make you break down ..." Sounds like you were treated to a nice take of it yourself. Michele
Old 05-27-2015, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm just checking in.

I hope you guys had a blast tonight..As its almost midnight EST DST here in Wallyworld . and almost 5 am in London as I post this message .You guys are fast asleep now and I'll wait until the morning and read the review and see the pix and vids.

Goodnight..Sweet dreams.......

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-28-2015, 04:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If anyone is interested, I've uploaded 66 HQ images from London: http://postimg.org/gallery/qtcktcrw/

You have to double click for full size.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 05-28-2015, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
Songbird was performed tonight

Just got home from the London show. I'd avoided all videos and reviews of the previous American shows so had no real idea what to expect with the five of them being reunited again. I was certainly not disappointed. They were incredible - absolutely brought the house down. Am on such a high right now, am already plotting how I'm going to get my hands on a ticket to a later London date.

I hope everyone else who was there tonight enjoyed it as much as I did and I'm excited for everyone who has it still to come
OH MY GOD WHAT THEY PERFORMED SONGBIRD WHAT WAAAA

I WILL DIE

I WILL DIE ON MONDAY

That is LITERALLY one of the most beautiful songs in the world. T_____T

Last edited by twinmatrix; 05-28-2015 at 04:19 AM..
Old 05-28-2015, 05:22 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Hello all,

Just got home and am rather zonked so I shall keep it brief, but it was sensational, of course. Such a thrill to see Christine back on stage - my first time ever. She was amazing - beautiful, stunning voice, seemed so happy.

Again some lovely acoustic instrumentals from Lindsey before the show. I spotted Peacekeeper, Red Rover, Stephanie, Sisters of the Moon and Sugar Daddy! Also something I just couldn't identify but sounded like Destiny Rules.

I had a great floor seat 9 rows back right in front of Christine. I'm tall and stood up the whole show (sorry people behind me...) but then so did everyone, so I had a great view of expressions/interaction. I have to say I was slightly apprehensive after the recent articles, and I do think there was a fair bit of tension between S&L. Not much eye contact or touching of hands, all rather cursory. Both of them were all smiles with Christine of course, but at times it was a bit like watching the Mirage video. Now I might be reading something into nothing, but it seemed to me that there was a rather heavy moment in Gold Dust Woman. In the 'did it make you cry' harmonising bit, Lindsey was sending major sideways glances at Stevie, and pointing/gesturing at her, culminating in a proper open-handed gesture on 'now tell me is it over now?'... As I say, I might have been projecting, but it looked like he was asking her directly 'are you finished with the band?'. Anyway it certainly added spice to the mix. Maybe a video will emerge and we can examine the evidence. I don't take photos or video at concerts, I'm afraid - too busy yelping and jumping up and down.

A stunning night. My highlights were You Make Loving Fun, Little Lies, Say You Love Me - pretty much all Chris's songs. Landslide was quite fast, I thought, but gorgeous and dedicated to Adele, who presumably was in the audience. Lindsey said his finger was bleeding just before Big Love... I loved Never Going Back Again, even at a glacial pace. Um, what else? Songbird was in, and was beautiful. No Seven Wonders. Silver Springs sounded a bit off... World Turning! Wonderful.

A great crowd too. What a magnificent night.
Going to the show tonight, does Lindsey do an instrumental solo spot before the main show? If so what time does he come on? Thanks!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesPaulPlayer91 View Post
Going to the show tonight, does Lindsey do an instrumental solo spot before the main show? If so what time does he come on? Thanks!
Also, I recall an announcement a while back that they'd have an opening act for the UK shows. Did that happen last night?